Username
Password

07:03 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Yeah. I mean, I don't mod them or know how. I bought mine from a guy who does them. I have a modded xbox that I don't play online with and then my black slim xbox that I buy games for and play online with.

How much did that cost?

That seems like an interesting idea
07:03 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Yeah. I mean, I don't mod them or know how. I bought mine from a guy who does them. I have a modded xbox that I don't play online with and then my black slim xbox that I buy games for and play online with.

Once the games are officially released why don't you play them online? Do they not work right or what?
07:05 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
youenvydoug
#justiceforbrandon
Port Richey, FL
Male - 21 Years Old
Because if the Xbox gets caught through an update or something, the Xbox will be banned and will no longer work online.
07:05 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
How much did that cost?

That seems like an interesting idea

It all depends on what you want....I had an extra old white xbox sitting in my garage so I just sent that to him and the dude modded it. But the website is www.texasmods.org

It'll run you through all the prices there.

Once the games are officially released why don't you play them online? Do they not work right or what?

No they're fine...you can play them online before/after if you want. I just choose not to. There is a particular way you have to burn the disc to ensure it gets all of the data onto it properly. I play online with it once in a while, not very often. Stuff like Madden, Call Of Duty and whatnot I will but I basically just use it to try out games and then if I actually like them, I'll buy them and play on my slim.

Recently Microsoft came out with a fix that stopped modding of games for a few weeks. DVDR-DL discs cap out at like 8.7 GB. So Microsoft started writing their newer games with a 8.71 size. Now the modding community has figured out a way to flash your DVDR burner so that you can burn that extra 100MB layer which is what I've been doing.

Sounds confusing but once you do it once or twice, its cake.
07:06 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Brooklyn, NY
Male
But how would it get caught through an update? If say Madden leaks tomorrow. I play it offline until the 28th when it released. Then use it for online play

How would you get caught?

Edit: Meant for Doug

Thanks for clearing that up KJ. Pretty rad. I'll have to look into it a bit
07:09 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
But how would it get caught through an update? If say Madden leaks tomorrow. I play it offline until the 28th when it released. Then use it for online play

How would you get caught?

Becomes sometimes when games leak...whoever ripped the game didn't do it properly. So while the game works fine and you will see no difference, sometimes some of the security layers aren't there.

When you download a game, you run the .iso file through a program called ABGX which checks the file to make sure all of the proper security settings are there and if they aren't, it patches them.

The trick here is though, ABGX can't get all the verification files 100% confirmed and patched until the game is official released. So you can burn it and take the chance to play it before its completely verified before released. After its released and you run the same file through ABGX, it patches anything that may have had breaches before.
07:13 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Brooklyn, NY
Male
It all depends on what you want....I had an extra old white xbox sitting in my garage so I just sent that to him and the dude modded it. But the website is www.texasmods.org

It'll run you through all the prices there.

No they're fine...you can play them online before/after if you want. I just choose not to. There is a particular way you have to burn the disc to ensure it gets all of the data onto it properly. I play online with it once in a while, not very often. Stuff like Madden, Call Of Duty and whatnot I will but I basically just use it to try out games and then if I actually like them, I'll buy them and play on my slim.

Recently Microsoft came out with a fix that stopped modding of games for a few weeks. DVDR-DL discs cap out at like 8.7 GB. So Microsoft started writing their newer games with a 8.71 size. Now the modding community has figured out a way to flash your DVDR burner so that you can burn that extra 100MB layer which is what I've been doing.

Sounds confusing but once you do it once or twice, its cake.

Lol. That does sound confusing. Would be pretty rad though. I'm sure there are a number of forums and guides to help through stuff like that. After all that is how I learned about torrenting and stuff. There are a whole shitload of games I've wanted to play but just haven't had enough to get all of them. So either this or gamefly I guess

Also that site didn't work. did you mean texasmods.org? And are they legit? They won't take my money and never send me shit will they? lol

Pretty interesting stuff though. Thanks for sharing
07:16 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
youenvydoug
#justiceforbrandon
Port Richey, FL
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, it's a good idea if you use it for what KJ does. One xbox for all the online stuff, and another to play all the pirated games.

I would do it, but I'm lazy.
07:19 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Lol. That does sound confusing. Would be pretty rad though. I'm sure there are a number of forums and guides to help through stuff like that. After all that is how I learned about torrenting and stuff. There are a whole shitload of games I've wanted to play but just haven't had enough to get all of them. So either this or gamefly I guess

Also that site didn't work. did you mean texasmods.org? And are they legit? They won't take my money and never send me shit will they? lol

Pretty interesting stuff though. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, I fixed the link...its .org

But yeah, the site is totally legit. It's where I buy all my discs and stuff. The guy is actually a mod on the .iso game forum. Check that forum out, it has the games and then tons of sub forums for help on anything you need

www.xbox360iso.com

You have to register to view the forums though.
07:20 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Freaking awesome

Thanks a lot KJ. I'll look into it
07:42 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
rolph
No Avatar Selected
Northeast Ohio
Male - 24 Years Old
man the replacement refs suck ive yet to watch a game where they dont even have a problem spotting the ball

when i went to the hall of fame game they messed up who won the coin toss, called for a rekick after a penalty on a punt, and let 2 mins run off the game clock trying just to spot the damn ball

please pay the refs nfl
07:45 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
IcedOpethBlind
105 OVR, 99 PMV, 98 BSHD, 97 TCKL
Houston, Texas
Male - 28 Years Old
08:00 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
08:02 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
IcedOpethBlind
105 OVR, 99 PMV, 98 BSHD, 97 TCKL
Houston, Texas
Male - 28 Years Old
08:06 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
youenvydoug
#justiceforbrandon
Port Richey, FL
Male - 21 Years Old
Buccaneers Pre-Season Football, friends.

Eat shit Dolphins/Brandon.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version