"I'm not even sure why everyone hates me."

- Jonny Craig.

Is he really THAT self absorbed?

Most drug addicts are. Shocking, right?
01:36 PM on 08/13/12
hellogorgeous
two up two down
User Info.
My bestfriend Leslie says oh he's just being Jonny.
I got this reference. Maybe I shouldn't be on this site.
02:55 PM on 08/13/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
DGD was supposed to do a headlining tour last year but canceled it because of Jonny.

he's all clean now though
they should have just done that tour instead...changed the openers
04:21 PM on 08/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
06:12 PM on 08/13/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Ughh. He needs help.

Also, why did the other dude think Twitter was a good medium of discussion? Like... really?
06:49 PM on 08/13/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Edward Norton, The Incredible Hulk.
Thanks. I never did get a chance to see that movie.
06:59 PM on 08/13/12
TAI182
User Info.
I just saw the first Secret Band show of the tour in Chicago. I was impressed.
10:05 PM on 08/13/12
nowFace
She's making the rounds!
User Info.
sooooooooo........what happened? Seriously this entire thread was a shit storm of death threats and getting angry at AP. net, but nobody has a clue of what transpired????
09:40 PM on 08/14/12
CGarnsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
JC has a great voice. Terrible personality. Dude really needs to get a grip. Even Craig Owens won't work with him (nothing against Owens, but he does something with everyone eventually) ever again. On that note: Jonny still needs help... Still need guidance, or someone just steal his voice and be a better person.
07:17 AM on 08/18/12
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
lol he pulled on someones leg. With the infamy that this guy has he could rub an eyelash off a girls face and everyone would call him a rapist. There must be something more to the story. If not, then all these people should grow up. If hes a dick hes a dick; you don't have to like him, just stay away from him..................... Live with him, or don't put him on your tour to begin with.

Truth.
Judging by that article he was just being his typical annoying self (which surely has to be expected now, its his general personality) and then some other dudes got sand in their vaginas and tried kicking the whole band off the tour.

wrote a really angry reply to this bullshit but decided to PM you instead, probably more productive. Posts like yours make me really sad dude.

Just ignore that guy man - he is one of those constantly negative "internet douches".
09:26 AM on 08/18/12
nexttonothing12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by betweenvega
I hate to sound like a Jonny Craig defender, but I'm a recovering heroin addict/alcoholic (sober for two years now) so I have a lot of empathy. Empathy though, not sympathy. I know how far that shit can drag you from yourself...

That being said, yes, he absolutely needs to serve some jail time and Rise absolutely needs to cut the guy off if he's going to get sober. I needed to hit that bottom, I think most addicts/alcoholics
need to hit some kind of bottom before they reach out for genuine help.

However, to say that he is "permanently broken" is sort of frustrating, especially since we don't know the nature of the situation yet. It looks bad for him yes, and he doesn't have any leg to stand on as far as his word. However, I've seen men much worse off than Jonny Craig, I'm talking people who have murdered for drug money or committed horrible acts of violence on their own children in a drunken rage come in and out of recovery for years and years (as we've seen with Jonny) finally hit that point where they are able to come clean and put together many many years of sobriety and health.

I know that Jonny stayed in a halfway house in an area of California with a very strong recovery community which is a significant step (although absolutely nothing in the realm of addiction/alcoholism is guaranteed, ever), and this whole dropping off tour thing could indicate that he recognized he wasn't ready to tour. May seem highly unlikely, I understand, but being in recovery myself I feel inclined to mention that possibility.

I know of a few people who I've met at AA meetings (mostly when they come through on tours... can't tell... *anonymous*) whom most of you would recognize should I name drop. I also know that there is an AA meeting every night of Warped Tour for band members who are AA members. So I wish Jonny could find that group of guys to guide him if he chooses to keep touring. I'm not even a Jonny Craig fan, I just relate to him in this area of life.

QUICK NINJA EDIT: I should also say that you don't just change into a good guy the minute you decide to get sober. It takes a very long time to get a healthy mentality again. The problem with drug addicts and alcoholics is more in the mind than it is in the drugging/drinking. I'm still not all there, and I need to practice a lot of personal maintenance on a daily basis to keep myself in check. Sobriety for people with addictions is more than just abstinence. Even if Jonny is sober, he'll likely act out a whole bunch anyway for a while.

Anyway, with all that aside, I'm glad Secret Band will get some exposure.

Just wanted to bump this in support of the poster. Thanks for your tempered and well articulated point of view, even when it went against the grain of this general thread. Here's you're health and happiness.

I completely agree man! I am currently going through the same thing. 1 year clean so far. It's is incredibly hard to kick the habit, but you are responsible, no matter what.. For your actions. Period. Accountability is a huge part of integrity.
12:32 AM on 08/19/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
I hate to sound like a Jonny Craig defender, but I'm a recovering heroin addict/alcoholic (sober for two years now) so I have a lot of empathy. Empathy though, not sympathy. I know how far that shit can drag you from yourself...

That being said, yes, he absolutely needs to serve some jail time and Rise absolutely needs to cut the guy off if he's going to get sober. I needed to hit that bottom, I think most addicts/alcoholics
need to hit some kind of bottom before they reach out for genuine help.

However, to say that he is "permanently broken" is sort of frustrating, especially since we don't know the nature of the situation yet. It looks bad for him yes, and he doesn't have any leg to stand on as far as his word. However, I've seen men much worse off than Jonny Craig, I'm talking people who have murdered for drug money or committed horrible acts of violence on their own children in a drunken rage come in and out of recovery for years and years (as we've seen with Jonny) finally hit that point where they are able to come clean and put together many many years of sobriety and health.

I know that Jonny stayed in a halfway house in an area of California with a very strong recovery community which is a significant step (although absolutely nothing in the realm of addiction/alcoholism is guaranteed, ever), and this whole dropping off tour thing could indicate that he recognized he wasn't ready to tour. May seem highly unlikely, I understand, but being in recovery myself I feel inclined to mention that possibility.

I know of a few people who I've met at AA meetings (mostly when they come through on tours... can't tell... *anonymous*) whom most of you would recognize should I name drop. I also know that there is an AA meeting every night of Warped Tour for band members who are AA members. So I wish Jonny could find that group of guys to guide him if he chooses to keep touring. I'm not even a Jonny Craig fan, I just relate to him in this area of life.

QUICK NINJA EDIT: I should also say that you don't just change into a good guy the minute you decide to get sober. It takes a very long time to get a healthy mentality again. The problem with drug addicts and alcoholics is more in the mind than it is in the drugging/drinking. I'm still not all there, and I need to practice a lot of personal maintenance on a daily basis to keep myself in check. Sobriety for people with addictions is more than just abstinence. Even if Jonny is sober, he'll likely act out a whole bunch anyway for a while.

Anyway, with all that aside, I'm glad Secret Band will get some exposure.
This. Man, this might be the best post I've seen on AP in years. Total support man, I've battle some substance abuse stuff in my past and I know how much of a bitch it can be. Glad I got out before it started to do major damage.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos