10:35 PM on 08/12/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
will be awesome
04:35 AM on 08/13/12
samunited
User Info.
Gerard Way and Imogen Heap?! Interesting.
04:36 AM on 08/13/12
samunited
User Info.
This album is actually fantastic...

And you'd know that how...?
05:44 AM on 08/13/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Maybe this'll be the first album I listen to from him.

Isn't track #2 backwards?
05:45 AM on 08/13/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
cats are lame.
07:03 AM on 08/13/12
jwoody
User Info.
And you'd know that how...?
Really? Lol he's posted most of the tracks on his own soundcloud. That might have something to do with it....
12:07 PM on 08/13/12
IntrepidTravelr
ROFLwaffle
User Info.
Really? Lol he's posted most of the tracks on his own soundcloud. That might have something to do with it....

True.

Anyhow this album will definitely be better than 4x4 even though I enjoy all Joel's work. I think that's definitely a problem is he puts all his time and effort into his work and people sluff it off because they "don't like Joel's personality." Well, guess what? That's life. Some of us have that same personality in that we know what we want and what we like and some people find it abrasive. Joel's kind of an EDM snob and says what he wants and that gets looked at as like "Oh he's a hater", "He's jealous of Skrillex being a bigger name now", etc.

He's right to say what he wants and not do the status quo, run of the mill type shit. That's why I respect him. When Ghosts n Stuff came out it kind of put his image in everyones head and he got all these random sheep fans that dont really understand what he's about and his message they just like the 128bpm kick/snare and that's that. Fans that pay to go to Ultra just to see Mau5 to yell "PLAY GHOSTS N STUFF LOLZ" instead of the type of Fans sitting there and reading his posts and views and listening to him on his live streams when he's really speaking his mind and answering fans questions about EDM production and helpful stuff like how to wire up a rig of modular synths.

I hope this album is successful but I hope it also turns alot of people off in the way that Danger Days kind of got rid of some of MCR's emo-fad-clinger-on fans. I'm sure it wont be that drastic of a departure but still, Joel deserves respect and not being constantly bashed for his views which do come from the right place, even though they may be a bit abrasive, sometimes you gotta look for the deeper meaning in stuff.

ANYHOW TL;DR.

AWESOME ALBUM WILL BE AWESOME AND IF U HATIN ON THE COVER UR JUST JELLY OF MEOWINGTONS AND HIS PHD AND HIS ONE OF A KIND CAT HEAD PHONE$. LULZZ GO DEAD MOW 5 #GHOSTZNSTUFF !!

12:58 PM on 08/13/12
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
He released a bunch of these already. Oh well, I'm excited to hear the Imogen Heap song, as well as the complete version of Professional Griefers. The Veldt is also my favorite song he's written since strobe.

The complete version of Professional Griefers has been out for weeks.
02:56 PM on 08/13/12
JustAHomeBoy
User Info.
The complete version of Professional Griefers has been out for weeks.

I had no clue, I only saw the radio preview. That's cool then, I really liked it.
03:35 PM on 08/13/12
jwoody
User Info.
True.

Anyhow this album will definitely be better than 4x4 even though I enjoy all Joel's work. I think that's definitely a problem is he puts all his time and effort into his work and people sluff it off because they "don't like Joel's personality." Well, guess what? That's life. Some of us have that same personality in that we know what we want and what we like and some people find it abrasive. Joel's kind of an EDM snob and says what he wants and that gets looked at as like "Oh he's a hater", "He's jealous of Skrillex being a bigger name now", etc.

He's right to say what he wants and not do the status quo, run of the mill type shit. That's why I respect him. When Ghosts n Stuff came out it kind of put his image in everyones head and he got all these random sheep fans that dont really understand what he's about and his message they just like the 128bpm kick/snare and that's that. Fans that pay to go to Ultra just to see Mau5 to yell "PLAY GHOSTS N STUFF LOLZ" instead of the type of Fans sitting there and reading his posts and views and listening to him on his live streams when he's really speaking his mind and answering fans questions about EDM production and helpful stuff like how to wire up a rig of modular synths.

I hope this album is successful but I hope it also turns alot of people off in the way that Danger Days kind of got rid of some of MCR's emo-fad-clinger-on fans. I'm sure it wont be that drastic of a departure but still, Joel deserves respect and not being constantly bashed for his views which do come from the right place, even though they may be a bit abrasive, sometimes you gotta look for the deeper meaning in stuff.

ANYHOW TL;DR.

AWESOME ALBUM WILL BE AWESOME AND IF U HATIN ON THE COVER UR JUST JELLY OF MEOWINGTONS AND HIS PHD AND HIS ONE OF A KIND CAT HEAD PHONE$. LULZZ GO DEAD MOW 5 #GHOSTZNSTUFF !!

All of this...1000% man. Very well put.
06:56 PM on 08/13/12
JustinSxE
I broke edge like 3 years ago...awk
User Info.
True.

ANYHOW TL;DR.

I like you.
05:59 AM on 08/14/12
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
Where is sleeping beauty pills?

wait...maybe that's "sleepless."
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates