Username
Password
Green Day News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 142 of 142.
08:01 PM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
A fun super catchy power pop song, just what they said it was going to be, along with the rest of the 3 records. I personally enjoyed it. I love how people complain about the political Green Day with American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, then when they go the other direction people complain about that too and say the song isn't serious enough. I'm sorry people, they aren't going to remake Dookie a bunch of times, they're artists and they want to experiment and change, and I for one like every Green Day record to some extent. And yes, I like Oh Love and this song, looking forward to the 3 records.
idk I honestly have enjoyed everything Green Day has done for the most part but even I find this song a bit meh. I even enjoyed Oh Love so I will still check out their new albums. I appreciate the change but find this song just way too repetitive to really warrant a re-listen. Also I really doubt people want them to just remake Dookie as everything from Insomniac to American Idiot was pretty much praised. Warning was a mixed bag but it had a good followings (I like the album but don't find it as grand as some do...especially in the lyrics). American Idiot was a great re-invention of the band and while I though 21CB did well overall I do think at that point they were not writing jams and instead just riding the tail feathers of American Idiot and filling in plot wholes to this convoluted story the had made.

One thing that excites me about this new albums is the fact it has not big theme or story so they can get back to just jamming which I think is what most fans really wanted but lyrically its fair to expect more from Green Day at this point in their career, especially with all the hits and fan favorites they have crafted over the years in punk, pop punk, alt rock, and punk opera. I am sure these new albums will do good and I will like this song better in context but I really hope the whole album does not sound like they wrote the songs in a couple of mins on the fly. I liked Oh Love and even my big criticism toward that song was that it seemed like not much though went into it.
09:11 PM on 08/15/12
Alex26
User Info.
Oh I know why the songs sound like they were just thrown together, it's because they were. They said that they just kept writing song after song, meaning that they probably didn't spend too much time on one song. Simple chorus and verses and boom onto the next song. And I completely agree, the only thing that bugs me is that the songs seem really simple. I mean, I'm good with the sound, in fact, I like the sound, it's just what you said, the songs seem really simple, and I think I'd prefer 1 or 2 records of well developed and thought out songs rather than 3 records of a bunch of thrown together songs. That being said, still looking forward to these records, I'm sure there will be a few really good jams on them!
09:48 PM on 08/15/12
Alex26
User Info.
idk I honestly have enjoyed everything Green Day has done for the most part but even I find this song a bit meh. I even enjoyed Oh Love so I will still check out their new albums. I appreciate the change but find this song just way too repetitive to really warrant a re-listen. Also I really doubt people want them to just remake Dookie as everything from Insomniac to American Idiot was pretty much praised. Warning was a mixed bag but it had a good followings (I like the album but don't find it as grand as some do...especially in the lyrics). American Idiot was a great re-invention of the band and while I though 21CB did well overall I do think at that point they were not writing jams and instead just riding the tail feathers of American Idiot and filling in plot wholes to this convoluted story the had made.

One thing that excites me about this new albums is the fact it has not big theme or story so they can get back to just jamming which I think is what most fans really wanted but lyrically its fair to expect more from Green Day at this point in their career, especially with all the hits and fan favorites they have crafted over the years in punk, pop punk, alt rock, and punk opera. I am sure these new albums will do good and I will like this song better in context but I really hope the whole album does not sound like they wrote the songs in a couple of mins on the fly. I liked Oh Love and even my big criticism toward that song was that it seemed like not much though went into it.

Look at my post in the thread under yours, I was tired and forgot to press quote hehe :$
10:18 PM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Oh I know why the songs sound like they were just thrown together, it's because they were. They said that they just kept writing song after song, meaning that they probably didn't spend too much time on one song. Simple chorus and verses and boom onto the next song. And I completely agree, the only thing that bugs me is that the songs seem really simple. I mean, I'm good with the sound, in fact, I like the sound, it's just what you said, the songs seem really simple, and I think I'd prefer 1 or 2 records of well developed and thought out songs rather than 3 records of a bunch of thrown together songs. That being said, still looking forward to these records, I'm sure there will be a few really good jams on them!
exact sentiments. I am not close minded when it comes to music but when a band this big with so many awesome records under their belt try a gimmick of releasing 3 albums basically at once and all the songs we are getting to hear sound so simple they seem void of any passion it hardly makes me wanna praise the band despite being a big fan. I enjoy this style of music and don't need clones of any of their albums. Liked all of them so far (21CB and Warning a little less but still enjoy). I just want to see Green Day writing music you can tell they cared about and even liking Oh Love I have yet to hear that. Singles are supposed to represent the album and so far it sounds like they don't even care anymore. I am gonna listen to all 3 albums for sure since I have always been a fan of their music but the quality has been really in decline recently. Thought after Oh Love they would have a catchy faster pace single but instead we got this song that despite a good tune is just so underwhelming.
07:48 AM on 08/16/12
billy_yo
Registered Member
User Info.
i love green day and until just now i had high expectation for the new three albums now with this song i'm not sure
07:53 AM on 08/16/12
Alex26
User Info.
exact sentiments. I am not close minded when it comes to music but when a band this big with so many awesome records under their belt try a gimmick of releasing 3 albums basically at once and all the songs we are getting to hear sound so simple they seem void of any passion it hardly makes me wanna praise the band despite being a big fan. I enjoy this style of music and don't need clones of any of their albums. Liked all of them so far (21CB and Warning a little less but still enjoy). I just want to see Green Day writing music you can tell they cared about and even liking Oh Love I have yet to hear that. Singles are supposed to represent the album and so far it sounds like they don't even care anymore. I am gonna listen to all 3 albums for sure since I have always been a fan of their music but the quality has been really in decline recently. Thought after Oh Love they would have a catchy faster pace single but instead we got this song that despite a good tune is just so underwhelming.
Yeah this band especially should not be just throwing songs together, they have lot's passion in their last records and I think we expect that they at least meet that if not go beyond it with each new record. Yeah I really wish they had put a lot more into each of these songs. The potential is there, it just feels like they dropped working on the songs too early. And you're definitely right about the singles, Oh Love was not a good choice for a first single. Yeah this song is underwhelming, I was also hoping for a punchier fast paced single but oh well. From the live videos on you tube other songs from ¡Uno! seem to be at least a little catchy so I'm definitely going to be listening to the record as well.
05:48 AM on 08/21/12
whenyourearound
ad astra per aspera
User Info.
i like this better than oh love, but still lacks some punch.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums