Username
Password
Say Anything News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Say Anything
Inside AP.net

Max Bemis Song Shop Now Open

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (08/15/12)
The Max Bemis song shop is now open. Meanwhile, Mr. Bemis has already planned out the next couple of Say Anything releases.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
05:06 AM on 08/15/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseToday, Max Bemis has opened the doors of Song Shop for the first time since 2011. For the past four or five years, Max has written over 2000 personalized songs for fans of Say Anything and his other projects. Song Shop has gone from being a weird idea in Max's troubled brain to a successful and oddly respectable creative enterprise of its own right. The songs have deeply resonated with buyers and reactions have been quite over the top, as the songs continue to improve with each wave, even attracting many repeat buyers.

Song Shop is a very simple process where a listener buys a song for either $75 or $150 (for a shorter or longer song, respectively) through the Song Shop site and PayPal. They are given 1000 characters to write about or describe anything at all: a situation, relationship, set of thoughts and feelings, event, or loved one. Wherever one's imagination takes you, the song can follow. Max takes the description and turns it into a full on, acoustic Say Anything song, which you can download from the Song Shop site once it's ready. Each song is written and released just for that buyer and there is no prescribed formula for how they are written.

Max does the songs in the order received as fast as humanly possible (some people get the song in a matter of hours, some in a few months) and since Song Shop has been running strong for so long, there's a very efficient system in place to make sure everyone eventually receives their very own song.

In addition, before the next Song Shop opening, Max will call every person who bought a song to thank them for being involved. There are even bundle options available for buying your own EP or full album of songs (it's 10% off for four or more songs).

For any and all info, or to buy your own song, visit http://www.merchdirect.com/songshop
Songs tend to sell out within the first few days to few weeks, so it's recommended to get on it quick-like!
05:12 AM on 08/15/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Has anyone gotten a full EP or album?
05:23 AM on 08/15/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When I interviewed him earlier this year, I was astounded at his business sense. My biggest pet peeve about musicians is their lack of a plan, but Max basically has his next five years laid out, which definitely contributes to his success. Love this man.
05:26 AM on 08/15/12
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Looking forward to whatever they put out. Anarchy, My Dear was a flawed album, but it was good.
05:47 AM on 08/15/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
"Next two (technically three) releases" eh??

One of of those is sure to be a re-release of older material. Maybe an acoustic of b-side ep as well?
05:49 AM on 08/15/12
cody_rosebalm
User Info.
Cannot wait to hear what's next for SA. Definitely my "can do no wrong" band. (Even though most would disagree with Anarchy, My Dear).
05:51 AM on 08/15/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
I'd love to buy one sometime! I have been very tempted to get one from JT woodruff . Cool thing about his is you can be part of the process and write music, and lyrics, if you want.
05:59 AM on 08/15/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
As long as there's no "Admit It One More Time", I'll listen to whatever they put out
06:12 AM on 08/15/12
L-dawg
BHR Records
User Info.
My guess is we are getting vinyl reissues of Baseball and in defense of the genre.
06:24 AM on 08/15/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
My guess is we are getting vinyl reissues of Baseball and in defense of the genre.
I would do just about anything for a pressing of In Defense of the Genre. Don't care too much about Baseball, but to each their own.
06:34 AM on 08/15/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I highly doubt they have two or three albums written already, but I'm curious as to what the releases are.
06:46 AM on 08/15/12
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
Holy shit.
07:07 AM on 08/15/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Say Anarchy, My Real Boy!
07:14 AM on 08/15/12
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
over 2,000 personalized songs? Damn. They can't all be different...does he just reuse the same music with different lyrics overtop?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums