Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45.
09:48 AM on 08/15/12
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Hoping this means they are gonna re-record Baseball then release a EP, and top it off with a album of B-sides/ never heard SA songs. Still love a majority of A, MD.
10:16 AM on 08/15/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
yeah, i was thinking about that. there's no way such a ridiculously high number of songs can all be that different, and people are basically supplying the material for the lyrics. i mean, it's cool for fans to have him record something specifically for them, but i have a feeling some of the songs have to end up sounding similar to one another.

They're all pretty different. Although, I have heard a couple that a PRETTY similar music wise.

there is only so many chords
10:31 AM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Oh, I absolutely agree with you 100%. People didn't bash Transit when Listen & Forgive was much more mellow and a change of pace, so I don't get it. But I loved Anarchy, My Dear, I just think that Max kind of hyped it up too much. Remember the interview where he talked about how it was in the vein of ...IARB and was a true punk record? He hyped it up for the fans a little too much, don't you think?
Yea I agree with you there. The album sorta had the spirit of the album but it was a different direction in music all together. If it had not been for that I am sure a lot of people would of appreciated it more. I don't think any album needs to be a direct equal to an older album just to win back fans. I personally wouldn't of changed the album and hope over time people come back to it and release "hmmm, this is not as bad as I remember." Just had that happen with my two least favorite Taking Back Sunday albums and one of them actually became my 2nd favorite as I am really getting back into the band. Hopefully max will play it smart and either promote his next album very mysteriously or a straightforward gamble with whatever sound he chooses.
10:33 AM on 08/15/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Say Anarchy, My Real Boy!
Say Anarchy In Defense of A Real Boy?
10:36 AM on 08/15/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
there is only so many chords
exactly the point. 2000 songs is a ridiculous number, so there had to be some overlap. not saying it's bad for people to buy songs from him, just noting that it likely has gotten easier for him to write them.
11:42 AM on 08/15/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
how he does this and not let it affect his song writing for Say Anything is beyond me.
11:48 AM on 08/15/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
Oh, I absolutely agree with you 100%. People didn't bash Transit when Listen & Forgive was much more mellow and a change of pace, so I don't get it. But I loved Anarchy, My Dear, I just think that Max kind of hyped it up too much. Remember the interview where he talked about how it was in the vein of ...IARB and was a true punk record? He hyped it up for the fans a little too much, don't you think?

I actually really enjoyed that release despite the hate it got. Find it funny people bash it being too mid tempo and than love other bands trying moving more mid-tempo. There is a time and place for all sorts of music and think the album fits well in their discography.

the album isn't bad, i think it was max saying "it's gonna be punk in the spirit of IARB" and then you put the album on and there's like 2 agressive songs that arn't mid-tempo. I liked it better than self titled, but i think if he said "it's only anarchy in terms of me writing what I want to, but the songs are mid-tempo" people would have responded to it better. and ftr, i like listen and forgive, but that's also the first thing I heard from transit.
02:27 PM on 08/15/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
it started out with 2000 songs available? Holy crap there are only 386 left. I was thinking about doing this for my fiancee as a wedding gift (wedding is in 2 months) but that far back in the line I'm afraid it'd be way after the wedding before we got the song
05:27 PM on 08/15/12
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
it started out with 2000 songs available? Holy crap there are only 386 left. I was thinking about doing this for my fiancee as a wedding gift (wedding is in 2 months) but that far back in the line I'm afraid it'd be way after the wedding before we got the song
it started out with 1000 songs available.
01:57 AM on 08/16/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Has anyone gotten a full EP or album?

Here is my EP from last year:

Ok, here are my descriptions and the songs that Max came up with:

Song #1
I'm about to quit my job in Feb and go traveling for the remainder of 2012. As much as I love world travel I can't shake the doubts and fear about what the future will hold post-travel (a potentially destructive career move and I'll be out there in the world all alone) but I know that it is what I really want to do. It will be rewarding in life experience. A song to keep me company would be great.

Song #2
Something about the things that interest me: guitars, girls, music, comic books, old horror and comedy movies, Saves The Day, Say Anything, The Beatles, Vynil Monkey, getting older, drugs and alcohol, dancing, dreams, my wacky fashion sense, etc.

Song #3
I'll leave this one entirely up to you. (to which he replied: "third song! all from my own personal angst hahaa")

Song #4
I was thinking if its ok with you I'd like you to use my lyrics. They're not amazing or anything so feel free to tweak to your hearts content. (Here is my song if any of you care).
06:29 AM on 08/16/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Here is my EP from last year:
That's a pretty sweet EP. I really like the first song, but they're all good.

I like your solo in "Summer Sun."
08:17 AM on 08/16/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
That's a pretty sweet EP. I really like the first song, but they're all good.

I like your solo in "Summer Sun."
Thanks mate.
02:24 PM on 08/16/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
it started out with 1000 songs available.
oh ok i guess he was referring to the total including the first time around
11:58 PM on 08/18/12
SkitzoTeeJay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know (for sure) one of the next releases.

I attended two shows on the Say Anarchy tour, I drove 1,350 miles to my home state of MN to see Say Anything perform on my birthday, met them all, and drove back and did the same thing in Richmond, VA.

In Richmond, at The National, Max Bemis announced after playing "Slumming It With Johnny" that they had just reacquired rights to all of their music for the first time in years, that means Junior Varsity, Menorah/Majora, Baseball an Album by Sayanything, and all of their rarities, demos, unreleased materials, and b-sides were in their control. He said that this means they would "within the next year" be re-releasing all of it in a special edition boxset.

I nearly shit my fucking pants, lost my mind, and looked like a little fanboy bitch in front of my girlfriend (at the time) after hearing this. When I fucked her in the parking garage ater the show, I'm pretty sure I was thinking of that news for at least half of the time.

So yeah, I would imagine it means that. I bet they're releasing a Vinyl of something in there too. I don't think it's Baseball but it could be IDOTG, which would probably take about four vinyls to contain, lmfao. Quad-gatefold anyone?
08:47 AM on 08/19/12
MattyJnow
User Info.
My song. "You're the Peak, I'm Beneath" was pretty great. They're acoustic so of course some songs will sound the same but I think he took my description and ran with it. Ended up perfect. Bought it for my 1st anniversary (paper) and printed out the lyrics on music sheets. They take a while so its hard to plan but I would love the thought of getting one each year and making an album out of it. I'm sure each year would lend to new materials, up and down times, etc.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums