AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Equal Vision Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Set It Off Save the Music

Posted by - 12:26 PM on 08/15/12
Set It Off will be donating to the VH1 Save the Music Foundation through the sale of their upcoming album Cinematics. Details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
12:27 PM on 08/15/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Set It Off StatementSet It Off will be donating one dollar for every record sold in the US, leading up to and during the first week of the album's release, to VH1 Save The Music. The band will also add a bonus to the donation, to create a total of $5000, if they reach their goal of No. 1 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart. Equal Vision Records will match the band's donation amount, doubling the total amount going to VH1 Save the Music Foundation. Cinematics will be available in stores and online on September 18.

The VH1 Save The Music Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music education programs in America’s public schools, and raising awareness about the importance of music as part of each child’s complete education. To date, VH1 Save The Music has provided more than $48 million in new musical instruments to 1,800 public schools in more than 100 cities around the country, impacting the lives of over 1.8 million children.

"We're honored to be working with VH1 Save The Music. If it wasn't for the music education program in my high school, Set It Off would not exist," states founding member and frontman Cody Carson. "I would not have met our guitarist, Dan Clermont, I wouldn't have been directed toward Oberlin Music Conservatory, and I wouldn't end up with even half of the musical knowledge I possess now. More people need to be able to experience the unity, leadership skills, and work ethic taught by being involved in music education programs in schools. Set It Off strongly endorses this organization for these, among many other, reasons. We're so excited to raise money for them and help spread the word about the importance of music education."
12:30 PM on 08/15/12
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
Good for them. Planning on picking up this record and supporting the cause.
12:32 PM on 08/15/12
flyingmonkey711
User Info.
Hell yea. I wouldn't be who I am as a musician without my high school music teacher. Mr Berry. We called him Chuck...
12:32 PM on 08/15/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Was planning on picking it up. Happy to see part of my cash is going to a good cause.
12:33 PM on 08/15/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I've never got into these guys but I'll give this new release a chance.
12:37 PM on 08/15/12
seventwenty3
User Info.
pretty awesome thing to do
12:59 PM on 08/15/12
TDenverFan
User Info.
Their one preodrer is $300. It comes with Used Guitar Pick, Signed Drum Stick, Sweatshirt, iTouch w/Set it Off Music, painting hand made by the band, handwritten lyric sheet, and a whole lot more stuff. It's actually a pretty good deal, all things considered.
01:07 PM on 08/15/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Set it Off are some of the best band dudes I've ever met, and by far the nicest guys I've ever played with. That being said, my highschool music teacher is one of the most awful teachers I've ever encountered and actually drove me away from studying music in school.
01:31 PM on 08/15/12
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Set it Off are some of the best band dudes I've ever met, and by far the nicest guys I've ever played with. That being said, my highschool music teacher is one of the most awful teachers I've ever encountered and actually drove me away from studying music in school.
oddly enough, I had a similar experience. He played favorites and his shittyy approach to music made me quit high school band. I know good teachers exist, though.
02:25 PM on 08/15/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Good for them, Ill definitely try and pick up a copy of this.
02:33 PM on 08/15/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
oddly enough, I had a similar experience. He played favorites and his shittyy approach to music made me quit high school band. I know good teachers exist, though.
Mine was a hardcore Christian with a theology degree (not music). Who was really full of herself. I elected to choose drums the only year I took music, and I ended up learning how to play quarter notes because this teacher didn't know what she was doing. Our high school band could not play in time or in tune, and this teacher would do shit called "penny wars" (the class who gave her the most money got to have a "Free class" which actually consisted of watching that movie where The rock is those kids' babysitter, which blew and we didn't even get to finish it).
02:41 PM on 08/15/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
this band is made up of pretty cool dudes. their bassist swears profusely though
05:04 PM on 08/15/12
lostsmileyface
Austin Kerr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band is made up of pretty cool dudes. their bassist swears profusely though
lol, that's why I don't have a mic on stage : )

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos