Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 101
09:35 PM on 08/15/12
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
I like how this site is judging three whole albums off of 2 songs.

thats what happens on here haha. i actually am looking forward to the releases. i hated "Know Your Enemy" but thought the rest of 21st century breakdown was actually pretty decent. i think the reason it got shit on so much was because it followed american idiot.
09:38 PM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I never understood this website's hatred of Green Day. Because most of the bands they post about are pop-punk or pop-rockish, I thought you guys would eat them up. But I don't think I've seen anyone who has liked them here. I have always liked them more than blink, personally, and I think Billie Joe is much better at writing songs than blink. Well, lyrics mainly.
I agree he is better at writing songs but neither of the two songs released for Uno! are even on par with old Blink lyrics (which were rather juvenile themselves)
09:40 PM on 08/15/12
Jake Gyllenhaal
An alligator with sunglasses?
User Info.
I cannot believe the level of disappointment here. Have we forgotten how truly triumphant Green Day as a band has become? The wild eye-liner sporting lyrics of Billie Joe Armstrong. The bong-rattling bass of Mike Dirnt. The competent drumwork of Tre Cool. For shame AP.net!!!!!!!
10:02 PM on 08/15/12
Tyler Dumont
@tylerdumont
User Info.
Will always love Green Day, just something about most things they write just clicks with me. For this song, I love how simple it is, and that chorus is great, along with the bridge.
10:08 PM on 08/15/12
mrnubnub
User Info.
Objectively bad. Kill yourselves.
10:13 PM on 08/15/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
That was...

BRB gonna go listen to Insomniac.
10:17 PM on 08/15/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Interested in how this record will sound, but this video isn't anything special at all.
10:25 PM on 08/15/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
I don't get all the hate. It's really not that bad of a song. Whether it's the direction you wanted Green Day to go in or not, it's still a good song.
10:25 PM on 08/15/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
I did like some songs on 21CB. All in all I thought it was a decent release, but I have yet to get into anything they've released for this album. Maybe Dos and Tre will be better.
10:26 PM on 08/15/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
neither of the two songs released for Uno! are even on par with old Blink lyrics (which were rather juvenile themselves)

Too far..
10:36 PM on 08/15/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
the beginning sounded like a wanna white stripes.......
10:39 PM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Too far or true? I mean which one of these songs have any sort of story or mild complexity. I like Oh Love as a song at least but at least on Blink 182's Dude Ranch had Break up songs with at least a degree of intimacy found in references to personal events back in the 90s had more to offer than a song saying kill the dj over and over. Oh Love seems to have some creativity but I can hardly tell what the song is about other than a bunch of metaphors and oh love over an over. Kill The DJ lyrically is worse than the oldest blink 182 demo and that is rather objective statement.

I am not saying Blink 182 were lyrical geniuses back then (they got better though imo) but Green Day have actually had some good lyrics in past songs and the lyrics in these new songs are so far away from creative or passionate they are in another galaxy.

Trust me I am not just hating on Green Day because I don't like them. I am actually a fan of most of their music but if you are comparing the lyrics in these 2 new songs to that of Blink 182 songs...even their oldest of stuff... these songs still fall short. Still looking forward to Uno! but basically think Kill The DJ is pretty much just a tune written with no effort put into writing lyrics.
10:47 PM on 08/15/12
SpacemanLacey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Too far or true? I mean which one of these songs have any sort of story or mild complexity. I like Oh Love as a song at least but at least on Blink 182's Dude Ranch had Break up songs with at least a degree of intimacy found in references to personal events back in the 90s had more to offer than a song saying kill the dj over and over. Oh Love seems to have some creativity but I can hardly tell what the song is about other than a bunch of metaphors and oh love over an over. Kill The DJ lyrically is worse than the oldest blink 182 demo and that is rather objective statement.

I am not saying Blink 182 were lyrical geniuses back then (they got better though imo) but Green Day have actually had some good lyrics in past songs and the lyrics in these new songs are so far away from creative or passionate they are in another galaxy.

Trust me I am not just hating on Green Day because I don't like them. I am actually a fan of most of their music but if you are comparing the lyrics in these 2 new songs to that of Blink 182 songs...even their oldest of stuff... these songs still fall short. Still looking forward to Uno! but basically think Kill The DJ is pretty much just a tune written with no effort put into writing lyrics.
If you think Blink 182's old lyrics are even remotely good then what the hell do you find genius?
10:48 PM on 08/15/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
This song has really grown on me, hated it when it was first released. I really hope Kill The DJ is the Know Your Enemy-type awful lead single from an otherwise decent album.
11:04 PM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
If you think Blink 182's old lyrics are even remotely good then what the hell do you find genius?
Think you misunderstood what I wrote. I actually think their lyrics are nothing special in their older songs but by Dude Ranch songs started to have something which even these 2 new Green Day songs lack and that is a bit of wit. I am only doing the comparison to these 2 new songs in contrast to Blink 182's lyrics which were singled out. Also in that case while I find the wit (especially in songs like Dammit or Apple Shampoo) at least by Dude Ranch era (when they started to gather a strong following). Green Day are a fairly established bands that have tapped into more than one genre in the grand spectrum of their discography and plenty of times showcasing above average to extremely memorable lyrics but the simplicity of the lyrics to these new songs are more basic than at least Dude Ranch era Blink. Since they are technically different genres a comparison should be like apples and oranges but if one was to be made it would be looked at like that.

Another big factor to take into consideration is the fact Green Day is on their 9th official release and that is being compared to Blink 182's debut album (not counting Buddha in this case). This is my only reasoning for coming to this conclusion and others may have different opinions but I tried to apply as much fact as possible in such a subjective matter.

If I had to think of a band who had Genius lyrics imo I would say Jimmy Eat World but that's just me and thought I would add that cause you did technically ask.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos