Username
Password
Green Day News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 101 of 101.
10:17 PM on 08/16/12
morte
User Info.
Boring and predictable as fuck.
The song and the video have no soul at all.

I would say much of the blame goes to Tre Cool. An amateur drummer could have done a better job.
10:32 PM on 08/16/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
as someone who got into the "scene" in the late 90's, early '00s I grew up listening to Green Day, Blink-182, and Jimmy Eat World as my gateway bands. JEW is obviously the best, borderline genius during thier clarity/bleed american/future days. as for Blink and Green day...Blink was very spot on on thier self titled, Green day was good on Nimrod, Warning, and AI...21stCB they kind of lost it and from what I've heard it seems to continue to decline...that being said I wasn't impressed by neighborhoods. Green day touched on different subjects so you could say they're maybe better overall, but I think we can all agree that both both Blink and Green day are ruining it with songs like Kill the Dj or snake charmer. my 2 cents
I got into this music the same time as you. Green Day's songwriting was always the most superior I found, and that thought has only been further solidified as I have learned more about music. Lyrically, none of the bands were exceptional but Green Day tracks such as Macy's Day Parade stood out for me more. Blink (until the s/t) and Sum 41 represented the bouncy, pop-punk side best whilst Green Day seemed more mature. JEW really only got lumped in because of Bleed American, the rest of their albums (save for Chase This Light) were not pop-punk at all.
The 2002 (I think) tour with all three of them, Green Day blew the other bands away live from everything I've seen and heard.
I don't like Kill the DJ much, but I'm sure there will be a handful of good tracks on their new records.
10:46 PM on 08/16/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
In all honesty, my theory is that people here are the pop-punk equivalent of what Backstreet Boys vs N*Sync fangirls were to boy band pop back in the day: You could be a fan of both, sure, but most of the time if you were a fan of one, you were inclined to hate the other one just because they were the direct competition. This site started as a Blink 182 fansite, so that's why there's such a congregation of Blink fans and overall people who hate Green Day just out of principle.

In my opinion, they both have seen their better days, and both are pretty terrible right now, but I think Green Day has always been the better band, lyrically and musically. They've tried different things with Nimrod and Warning and succeeded at them, while Blink keeps it close to the old formula only with more mature lyrics.
I can't believe what the minority (no pun intended) will hate on on AP.net. Each to their own but I write that I like Green Day and people go ballistic like I've eaten a baby. Then the other day I wrote why I don't like Nickelback, with valid reasons based on music and not emotion, and people were angry with me because they love Nickelback apparently. What people really love is being contrarian.
01:37 AM on 08/17/12
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
that video was insultingly poor.
09:30 AM on 08/17/12
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
I believe Green Day are simply enjoying being a rock & roll band with this trilogy. No political agenda, no lasers, no frills. Just music. Thus, the video is actually pretty perfect for their current aesthetic. Just the band hanging, playing, canoodling with hot girls.
04:50 PM on 08/18/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
saw this on MTV's rock countdown and thought it was pretty cool
11:08 PM on 08/18/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
I'm totally fine with Green Day doing this whole laid back party band vibe. The other stuff was getting too self-serious and overly political. These songs aren't that bad, and bands change as they age. They're releasing their 10th 11th and 12th studio albums? Talk to me when you can do that not want to switch things up or try and grow. Billie is actually trying harder to sing and he's getting more in touch with his guitar playing I believe as well. This sites community is so quick to put down growth, this reminds me of all the hate the new Blink album got. It sad that everyone is so quick to turn the backs on bands that sparked this whole scene.
04:34 AM on 08/19/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm totally fine with Green Day doing this whole laid back party band vibe. The other stuff was getting too self-serious and overly political. These songs aren't that bad, and bands change as they age. They're releasing their 10th 11th and 12th studio albums? Talk to me when you can do that not want to switch things up or try and grow. Billie is actually trying harder to sing and he's getting more in touch with his guitar playing I believe as well. This sites community is so quick to put down growth, this reminds me of all the hate the new Blink album got. It sad that everyone is so quick to turn the backs on bands that sparked this whole scene.
I love growth and all and even sorta like Oh Love but the other song they released I just can't get behind and I like the style of music. The biggest letdown is that even if they are doing things laid back and less political they seem to have not put any effort into their lyrics which saddens me because throughout their career they have had some good ones.
10:19 AM on 08/19/12
tefarez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i really like this song
12:13 PM on 08/19/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Green Day really should have put down the guitars after American Idiot to preserve the legacy they built up. Better than leaving a bitter taste with these releases they are planning which so far seem to be getting a lot of hate.

This.
10:40 AM on 08/28/12
zporter92
User Info.
Pretty sure I would do all the girls in the video.
Til their heads spin haha. Sorry for quoting you like a week late, I've been out of town lol
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums