Username
Password

08:45 PM on 08/19/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Spider-Man is a main character in Avengers Vs X-Men...as an Avenger.
Well, basically because he is in the New Avengers. They added him as an actual Avenger about two years ago with Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Captain America, Wolverine, and Spider-Woman, but he and Wolverine went back to focusing on New Avengers after the Fear Itself event last year. Otherwise, Spider-Man doesn't have much of a history as an Avenger.

I'm just hoping that movie goes well. I have total faith in Wright.
Me too. Casting will be a big part of this movie though. Marvel has a pretty good track record so far. I know others have complained about Thor and Captain America, but I think they were strong first movies. If you ask me, the only blemish on Phase One was Iron Man 2.
08:50 PM on 08/19/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Well, basically because he is in the New Avengers. They added him as an actual Avenger about two years ago with Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Captain America, Wolverine, and Spider-Woman, but he and Wolverine went back to focusing on New Avengers after the Fear Itself event last year. Otherwise, Spider-Man doesn't have much of a history as an Avenger.

Oh, I know he doesn't have a huge history with The Avengers, but him and Daredevil being recent additions means there's now precedent (no matter how small) for them to be on TheAvengers.
03:59 AM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
Just cause he's not really part of the Avengers much in the comics doesn't mean they shouldn't try to include him in the Avengers 2, cause that would be INSANELY awesome.
10:40 AM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Oh, I know he doesn't have a huge history with The Avengers, but him and Daredevil being recent additions means there's now precedent (no matter how small) for them to be on TheAvengers.
True. The current writer on the Daredevil comic has an interesting suggestion that he thinks Daredevil would be better as a crime drama on TV. It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, but casting would be a big determinant of its success.
10:44 AM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
True. The current writer on the Daredevil comic has an interesting suggestion that he thinks Daredevil would be better as a crime drama on TV. It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, but casting would be a big determinant of its success.

Eh, I persoonally think the best storyline or them to use would be that recent Omega Drive one. They could reboot Kingpin and introduce the rest of the Marvel New York criminal underground, which could then be refferenced in other Marvel movies. Who knows there they'll take it though.
06:22 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
And ABC has officially ordered a S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot. Whedon to co-write, potentially direct.
06:51 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Interesting.
06:51 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Whether or not Joss directs is apparently based solely on scheduling.
08:17 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
And ABC has officially ordered a S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot. Whedon to co-write, potentially direct.
Could be pretty cool. I'm intrigued to see if they base it off existing members from the comics or just characters created for the show. They terribly miscast Jasper Sitwell already, so I'm sure they can do whatever they'd like now. haha
06:45 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
Readyfuels
COYS
MD/DC
Female - 24 Years Old
Figured this was coming but:

Thanos Confirmed for Guardians of The Galaxy and The Avengers 2
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...and-avengers-2
07:41 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Figured this was coming but:

Thanos Confirmed for Guardians of The Galaxy and The Avengers 2
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...and-avengers-2
Like I said before, I think Thanos will show up towards the end of Thor 2. It seems that, as Thor and Asgardian forces are supposedly traveling to the other realms, Thanos could try to break into Asgard to get the Infinity Gauntlet with the help of Loki, who would do it as an ultimatum for failing in The Avengers. With rumors flying that Odin could die in Thor 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at the hands of Thanos in the midst of fucking shit up in Asgard. Thor could then possibly show up at the end of Cap 2 with the warning to Cap and SHIELD of what's coming next while the Guardians try to stop him otherwise.

With Thanos confirmed for The Avengers 2, I'm convinced they were trying to get Galactus and Silver Surfer from Fox in order to do a somewhat faithful adaptation of Annihilation (with Annihilus as the main villain, of course) for Phase 3.
02:24 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
That would be totally fucking awesome! I think all Marvel movies need some kinda cameo like that from now on
07:56 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
thursday727
IT'S BO TIME
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
I guess going around the rumour mill is that Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson are in competition to get the role of Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel/Ms.Marvel which is awesome because in the comics she is one of the most badass members of the Avengers.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...captain-marvel
11:30 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
I always thought Captain Marvel was a dude haha
05:14 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I always thought Captain Marvel was a dude haha
He is/was. It gets confusing because there's a Captain Marvel in Marvel and DC comics. However, Carol Danvers (Ms Marvel) has only ever gone by "Captain Marvel" in an alternate universe during House of M.

Either way, she'd be cool to have in the movie, but I'd consider it highly unlikely. Unless they somehow work her and the Kree into Guardians of the Galaxy, her origin is too tied to the Kree to realistically bring her into the fold by A2. Ant-Man and Wasp would make a lot more sense.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets