AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: The Gashers - 08.16.12

The Gashers - 08.16.12

Interviewed by
The Gashers - 08.16.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Gashers

www.The Gashers.com
www.SquidHatRecords.com

Sandy - Drums & Vocals
James - Bass and Vocals
Jason - Guitar and Vocals

1. How did you get your band name?

(Sandy)The Nostrils were taken and there were too many disputes over a logo forThe Roach Cocks so we grabbed a dictionary opened, pointed, Googled and The Gashers were born.

2. How did this band get started?

(Sandy) The three of us were all members of "Peccadilloes" (a band we started in 2003.) Our drummer and bass player joined a cult so we decided to keep playing together and create a new original project without adding new members, so I went from lead vocals to drums, James went from guitar to bass and Jason stayed on guitar. We all sing now.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Our influences include alot of 80's stuff like Subhumans, Adolescents, Minor Threat and Crass. Not saying we sound like any of them but we like the music and the messages they all had. We only hope we can provide something fresh yet reminiscent of those type of bands.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be
and why?

We aren't gonna sit here and name off a bunch of bands we fantasize about playing with because we don't. We are happy just as long as weare playing with other bands that respect what we do.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

(James) Pizza.
(Jason) Jerky.
(Sandy) Chocolate Chips in my Pancakes and lots of Fresh Fruit

6. Why should people listen to your band?

If you're burnt out on the tons of carbon copy "punk" bands the major labels keep cranking out and want to give something a little less polished a try then I think you should check us out. None of us are perfect but we love to play and write music about both everyday life and current issues we can all relate to and I don't think that
can ever be outdated.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

(James) If I had to pick Id say Skateboarder Rodney Mullen
(Jason/Sandy) We actually don't follow sports of any kind and are not familiar with any athletes.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

(Sandy) Not God.
(Jason) I would thank all the corrupt politicians and crooked corporate f*%#s who continually piss me off and give me inspiration to write music.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

(Sandy) I'd like to see the music industry stop shoving the same crap down our throats. The radio never features anything new if itsnot already popular. It sucks that you have to tune in at some special time to hear some unknown band play a possibly awesome song. Lame.

10. Memorable tour experience?

We have not yet toured as The Gashers, only as Peccadilloes. Playing for only two people in Havasu (the two most dedicated Peccadilloes fans we've ever seen) was pretty cool and of course throwing up over hotel balconies will be forever burned in our memories. That and Jason running down Route 66 naked.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

(Sandy) I suppose it means there's a new place for the good people of the the world to find the latest from artists new and old.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

(Jason) Another Crutch
(James) It's Okay
(Sandy) Mind Control

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

(Sandy) Ireland
(James) Africa/The Serengeti to see some lions
(Jason) Egypt to see the Sphinx

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

(Sandy) Classic cartoon theme songs & retro commercial Jingles
(Jason) Cat Scratch Fever, Pink Floyd The Wall (the cover scared the hell outta me) and Black Sabbath
(James) Beastie Boys and the MTV videos right before Beavis & Butthead came on.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

(Sandy) Teleportation so we could play all over the world without all the nasty hang ups of Airports, backseats and bedbugs
(James) Agreed
(Jason) Jedi Mind Control

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

(Jason) No. And It's bad luck to discuss that

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

(Sandy) Most fans don't know we are family. James and I are first cousins (our moms are sisters) and Jason and I are married.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think
it's a place where your band could flourish?

(Sandy) The current state of the radio has no variety, it caters to a crowd I have nothing in common with. It's no place for us now and hasn't been since I have walked the Earth.
(James) We could flourish on satellite but not AM/ FM.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

(Sandy) I like to watch Hoarders then REVERSE hoard my entire house at
least twice a week.
(Jason) I like to collect lots of useless junk so that Sandy has something to do with her spare time.
(James) Watch documentaries, write music, go to the local watering holes.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

(James) Set my balls aflame with a fart and a spark.
(Sandy) I can cook an entire Thanksgiving Feast in under 45 minutes with a single toaster oven.
(Jason) I can drive anywhere within three miles of my own house and find myself completely lost.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version