Username
Password
Legal News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Legal
Inside AP.net

Pussy Riot Found Guilty

Posted by: Dre Okorley (08/17/12)
Pussy Riot have been found guilty of hooliganism motivated by religious hatred. Their sentence will be announced later today.

Update: The three members of Pussy Riot have been sentenced to two years in prison. You can read translated closing statements from each of them here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 156
05:13 AM on 08/17/12
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
I think that regardless of your political or religious views; even if, like many Europeans you don't believe in absolute free-speech; this is absolutely outrageous.

The international music industry should boycott touring in Russia until these girls are freed.
05:14 AM on 08/17/12
SHESmyRUSHMORE
User Info.
This is bad.
05:19 AM on 08/17/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I think that regardless of your political or religious views; even if, like many Europeans you don't believe in absolute free-speech; this is absolutely outrageous.

The international music industry should boycott touring in Russia until these girls are freed.
You guys should read this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19293465

Country's whack.
05:19 AM on 08/17/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
2 years...
05:25 AM on 08/17/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
In Soviet Union....
05:26 AM on 08/17/12
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.

wut?
05:27 AM on 08/17/12
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
Difficult to gather survey data with an index as such, but to no surprise, Russia is considered a highly corrupt country..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupt...ceptions_Index
05:28 AM on 08/17/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
This is awful
05:29 AM on 08/17/12
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.

Yeah, I saw that earlier today too. Didn't really surprise me to be honest. Most of Eastern Europe and Asia has the same attitudes; Russia is the only non-Muslim country willing, powerful, and controlling enough to impose anti-homosexuality laws like that.
05:30 AM on 08/17/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Yeah, I saw that earlier today too. Didn't really surprise me to be honest. Most of Eastern Europe and Asia has the same attitudes; Russia is the only non-Muslim country willing, powerful, and controlling enough to impose anti-homosexuality laws like that.
Yeah, 100 years? That's absolutely insane.
05:36 AM on 08/17/12
*Ro'
www.playitloudfuckers.com
User Info.
Hum, reading this plus your very first comment, I think you're missing out on a lot of information...
05:45 AM on 08/17/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.

Europeans don't believe in absolute free speech. I thought we were far more liberal than the us. Less sensitive to everything
05:47 AM on 08/17/12
animefan13LPfn1
I ate a man alive tonight.
User Info.
Jesus, Russia, at least TRY to appear like you're something resembling a fair country.
05:55 AM on 08/17/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
Europeans don't believe in absolute free speech. I thought we were far more liberal than the us. Less sensitive to everything
i'll probably get flamed for this, but i feel that a lot of americans believe in 'absolute free speech' as long as it serves their interests. as soon as you you say something that offends the person it suddenly becomes a problem. that and all of the censorship attempting to be imposed on the public, like bleeping 'god damn', freaking out over a tit and such things.

i'd say that europe in general seems much more open to different ideas, call that free speech or whatever you want, i'm just spitballing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests