Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Site News: Drew Beringer Heads West

Posted by: Jason Tate (08/17/12)
When I first started this website it was with the dream that one day I'd be able to do it for a living. That I wouldn't ever have to get a "real" job. I've been insanely blessed to have seen this portion of my dream come true. Now, along with that I also had a vision for quite a few other things ... not all of them have come true, yet ... but part of it was that I wanted to be able to put together a team of AP.net staff that could work out of an office and also make a living doing what they love. I am able to say today that we've taken the first step toward actualizing that goal. In what I hope to be the first of many such announcements, I'd like to officially announce that long-time contributor, die-hard music fan, and a close friend for many years: Drew Beringer, has been officially hired to come to LA and help us pursue the rest of our vision for this website. You may have been following him on twitter as he's made his journey westward, and as he's now joined us on the left coast, please join me in leaving him a huge congratulations and welcome in the replies!

Drew wrote something up that he'd like to share with everyone ...
Message from DrewFirst off, I am deeply honored and humbled to be named the Senior Editor of AbsolutePunk.net. What started as a hobby quickly turned into a full-fledged passion of mine when Jason hired me as a staff reviewer in October of 2005. My friends and family never fully understood what I was doing, other than realizing that I loved doing it. And now things have gone from "Man, I wish this was my real job" to "Holy shit, this is my real job." I still haven't fully wrapped my head around it, but I'm gonna have to very soon, as Jason, the fantastic AbsolutePunk.net staff, and I will be creating and unleashing some fantastic and original content to coincide with the beautiful, efficient, and powerful AP.net 3.0 - something Jason has put blood, sweat, and tears into and is truly amazing. We've always been powered by this outstanding community, and we are gearing everything in the new AP.net towards you - the user. This includes more exclusive video content from your favorite bands, more features, an official AP.net podcast (finally!) - basically you'll never want to leave the site. Finally, I want to thank Jason for hiring me 7 years ago, my family for always supporting my writing, Lueda Alia, Scott Weber, Jared Kaufman, Darren McLeod and the rest of the AbsolutePunk.net staffs I've been a part of over the years, and the AbsolutePunk.net community (special shout out to the Sports Forum). Big things are ahead, as this is only the beginning. Let's get weird.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 222.
09:03 AM on 08/17/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
Congrats Dork.
09:04 AM on 08/17/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
And if this thread isn't just FULL of gifs, I'll be sadly disappointed.
09:04 AM on 08/17/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Am genuinely surprised that drew didn't end his write up with an Aaron rodgers belt gif
09:05 AM on 08/17/12
fartz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Whoa. How do I get paid to be a moderator on a message board? Great "news".
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Congrats
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
I'll do it for him:

09:06 AM on 08/17/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Drewbie!!!!!
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
User Info.
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
User Info.
CHIRP CHIRP drew. makin BSU proud
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Oh shit, every picture on the site will be a GIF now.

tacosforcharles
it all ends
User Info.
Congrats man!!
09:07 AM on 08/17/12
a3s1g1
User Info.
wow pretty awesome. congrats all around!
09:08 AM on 08/17/12
J.C.
adorkable
User Info.
Sports forum in this bitch.
09:08 AM on 08/17/12
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
User Info.
Congrats, Drew!
Options
Related News Stories