Keri
Michael Parkhurst? Never heard of him
12:11 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
So with this group, starting XI would be something like this?

--------------Timmy--------------
Dolo--Cameron--Boca--Fabian
-------Edu--------Jones------
Donovan--Klejstan---Deuce
-------------Herc---------------

I posted my starting XI in the previous post. Edu isn't going to play midfield for us ever again and I have no problem with that.
I think Bradley is ready to go so he'll be out there. Jones is a bit more iffy, I put him in my starting XI but he's missed like the last 3 or 4 games for Schalke. I wish we could find a way to make Dempsey more central but he does good from the left midfield.
12:14 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
hailthewarrior
haters gonna hate hate hate
Knoxville
Male - 24 Years Old
I posted my starting XI in the previous post. Edu isn't going to play midfield for us ever again and I have no problem with that.
I think Bradley is ready to go so he'll be out there. Jones is a bit more iffy, I put him in my starting XI but he's missed like the last 3 or 4 games for Schalke. I wish we could find a way to make Dempsey more central but he does good from the left midfield.
I totally spaced. I meant to put Bradley in Kljestan's spot. But yeah, I really liked Edu in defense that one game, but I could see him being a really good DM with the backline I posted if we were playing a higher-powered offense.
12:16 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
i like that ^ but i'm still shocked he didn't call up jozy for guatemala, especially with the season he's having for AZ

Ya, it has been rumored for a bit. JK had said:
Quote:
"The Dutch league is very open -- (Altidore) gets three or four chances a game," Klinsmann told ESPN. "In international games, there's less space. It's hard to get chances -- you have to create them yourself. Yes, you always want people to feed your strikers who are good at finishing, but on the other hand, when teams are locked in, you have to work-work-work and force your luck, and sooner or later you'll get rewarded for that. I think Jozy can do a lot better, and he knows that."

Then jozy tweeted something, unaddressed to anyone, about people blaming him for their mistakes and incompetencies. It's something that should have been dealt with behind closed doors and then moved forward from. I don't think we'll be seeing Jozy for a long time.
12:17 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old

Plays for a Danish team and is in the champions league. He's a good RB and honestly with the way that Chandler has been playing lately (assuming he eventually takes a call up) Parkhurst is our #2 RB now.
12:19 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
we are cured
mylovefordanger.bandcamp. com
Male - 30 Years Old
Then jozy tweeted something, unaddressed to anyone, about people blaming him for their mistakes and incompetencies. It's something that should have been dealt with behind closed doors and then moved forward from. I don't think we'll be seeing Jozy for a long time.

didn't see that, what a bummer
12:19 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
I totally spaced. I meant to put Bradley in Kljestan's spot. But yeah, I really liked Edu in defense that one game, but I could see him being a really good DM with the backline I posted if we were playing a higher-powered offense.
Definitely, I think Edu is capable of playing for the usmnt but hasn't found his right spot. I think i've ever his biggest problem is his 360 awareness. He's good at killing the attack and moving the ball out of high pressure situations.

I don't see him getting a start in either game unless Jones is still too injured.
12:20 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
didn't see that, what a bummer

Agreed, I think we had the chance to be something really special in these two games but I feel like quite a bit of the magic was dashed away with that exclusion.

Jozy, Bradley, Dempsey and Donovan still haven't played together under JK.
12:22 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
hailthewarrior
haters gonna hate hate hate
Knoxville
Male - 24 Years Old
Definitely, I think Edu is capable of playing for the usmnt but hasn't found his right spot. I think i've ever his biggest problem is his 360 awareness. He's good at killing the attack and moving the ball out of high pressure situations.

I don't see him getting a start in either game unless Jones is still too injured.
Yeah, I can see that too. I am going to assume Shea will sub in at some point, especially if we're down by 1 around the 75'. No idea who the other two subs would be.
12:26 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

He filled in for Dolo in Jamaica and he was probably our only decent player. He's also one of the few Americans in the Champions League, playing for Nordsjślland.
12:28 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, I can see that too. I am going to assume Shea will sub in at some point, especially if we're down by 1 around the 75'. No idea who the other two subs would be.

If this is the line up:
-------------Howard------------
-------Cameron---Boca--------
--Dolo-----------------Fabian--
------------Williams-------------
-------Bradley---Jones---------
--Donovan---------Dempsey--
------------Gomez--------------

What I'd expect if we were trailing or up a shit ton:
With this line up, I'd assume the subs would be AG/EJ for Gomez and Kljestan for Donovan and Zusi/Shea for Jones. I think Zusi will get more PT this camp than Shea but I could be wrong. Wasn't Shea injured and pretty much assumed to be off the roster?

What I'd LOVE to see:
Castillo for Jones, drop him in to LB and move Fabian Jones up to midfield.
12:34 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
I love watching the usmnt play, but I loathe international breaks.
12:35 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Oh my God these forward call ups....

This is a travesty. This is a sham. This is a mockery.

This is a traveshamockery.
12:38 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
So angry. So fucking angry.

This, I guess:

Howard
Dolo - Cameron - Boca - Johnson
Jones - Williams
Donovan - Bradley - Dempsey
Gomez
12:42 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
Conference call with Jurgen going on now.

Says his latest performance with the USMNT is his reason for not calling Jozy up.

Also said EJ & Gordon call-ups over Boyd/Wondo was because they're better in the air.

The man has lost his fucking mind.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version