Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:38 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
So I check it out and I'm about to write this place off and then in the store I see a "Bethlehem Steel F.C." shirt. That's kind of awesome and my grandma worked there.
They did a quick blog post on Premier Soccer over here in Chesapeake one time. It's near the bottom of the page. I do most of my soccer purchasing there. Run by awesome dudes and they just moved into (or in the process now) a much larger location next door. So yeah, if you're ever in need of DC gear, they carry some here in Chesapeake but more so in their Norfolk shop. You should check it out.
08:04 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Keri
That's awesome. That's one of the shirts I have. Bethlehem Steel was a powerhouse team back in the day.
That's cool! I seriously had no idea there was a team from there. Might have to pick up that shirt at some point in the future, I spent so many summers in Bethlehem as a kid.
They did a quick blog post on Premier Soccer over here in Chesapeake one time. It's near the bottom of the page. I do most of my soccer purchasing there. Run by awesome dudes and they just moved into (or in the process now) a much larger location next door. So yeah, if you're ever in need of DC gear, they carry some here in Chesapeake but more so in their Norfolk shop. You should check it out.
I've been to the shop in VB, but I may not go again unless there are different employees. Elitist pricks in that location. I might try the Chesapeake location, but I'd have to look up directions haha.
08:15 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
That's cool! I seriously had no idea there was a team from there. Might have to pick up that shirt at some point in the future, I spent so many summers in Bethlehem as a kid.

Nice. I'm actually going there for the day tomorrow with some friends.
08:20 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
And just to touch on the subject of Pittsburgh soccer; I'm fairly certain they're going to get near sell outs every game. That location just seems a bit too perfect for people not to show up. Hopefully they can get an awesome turnout and give other USLP clubs some direction.
08:25 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
I've been to the shop in VB, but I may not go again unless there are different employees. Elitist pricks in that location. I might try the Chesapeake location, but I'd have to look up directions haha.
What the heck, that's so weird. Yeah the first time I was in the Chesapeake one I was thinking to myself "oh god these guys are probably a bunch of douchers..." I couldn't have been more wrong. And I'm fairly certain the guy who owns all of those shops is the guy who is ALWAYS working at the one in Chesapeake. I wonder if he knows how the VB guys are treating their customers...

Also, Paxon can finally join Chesapeake United next year.
08:42 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
And just to touch on the subject of Pittsburgh soccer; I'm fairly certain they're going to get near sell outs every game. That location just seems a bit too perfect for people not to show up. Hopefully they can get an awesome turnout and give other USLP clubs some direction.

I certainly hope so.
08:48 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
I certainly hope so.
If you haven't seen the video attached to that article, and you probably know more about this than I do, but apparently 70k people pass over that bridge every day. That's quite the exposure. Surely that will be more than enough to fill up the stadium and get people interested. I'm really excited to see which direction this heads in. I wish them nothing but success. I wish Minny had a stadium within the St. Paul/Minneapolis limits. Maybe our new owners will get something figured out eventually. Hooray for lower-tier American soccer!
08:53 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
Also, has USL made any kind of deal with any website for online viewing? (Like NASL has with Ustream) It made that league so much more enjoyable for me. I fell in love with it all because I could tune in on a weekly basis and follow my team/the league itself.
08:53 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Sweet Jesus the Cup is tomorrow.....There is a good chance that Beckham, Donovan, Omar Gonzalez, Juninho, Ching, could ALL be gone after this game tomorrow.

It's just funny to me that this possibly being Ching's last game is not being mentioned at all. Guy is an MLS great, but since it's the Beckham show nobody cares.
08:55 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
I really hope so. We love our sports here. Seriously.. it's everything. Riverhounds never had the following but I think it was because it wasn't in the city. Now that they're based in the North Shore with the Steelers and the Pirates, they will be much more known. Season tickets are dirt cheap, single games are like 5-15 dollars.. no reason to not check it out. I'm sure they'll be a bit more since it's the opening season at the new stadium, but soccer in Pittsburgh has gone unnoticed for the duration of the Riverhounds tenure. This stadium is the make or break it point. Just hoping this jumpstarts it so much. Sick of being one of 300 people at the Hounds matches.
Awesome. Are you planning on getting season tickets or at least checking out some games?
09:01 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
I really hope so. We love our sports here. Seriously.. it's everything. Riverhounds never had the following but I think it was because it wasn't in the city. Now that they're based in the North Shore with the Steelers and the Pirates, they will be much more known. Season tickets are dirt cheap, single games are like 5-15 dollars.. no reason to not check it out. I'm sure they'll be a bit more since it's the opening season at the new stadium, but soccer in Pittsburgh has gone unnoticed for the duration of the Riverhounds tenure. This stadium is the make or break it point. Just hoping this jumpstarts it so much. Sick of being one of 300 people at the Hounds matches.
They just need to change the colors to black and gold and the city will be behind them 100%.
Also, has USL made any kind of deal with any website for online viewing? (Like NASL has with Ustream) It made that league so much more enjoyable for me. I fell in love with it all because I could tune in on a weekly basis and follow my team/the league itself.
Does USLLive.com not exist anymore?
09:05 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
They just need to change the colors to black and gold and the city will be behind them 100%.

Does USLLive.com not exist anymore?
Bold is so true.

And I had no idea it existed in the first place. I only really followed NASL. Hopefully that's still a thing, though.
09:10 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Sweet Jesus the Cup is tomorrow.....There is a good chance that Beckham, Donovan, Omar Gonzalez, Juninho, Ching, could ALL be gone after this game tomorrow.

It's just funny to me that this possibly being Ching's last game is not being mentioned at all. Guy is an MLS great, but since it's the Beckham show nobody cares.
yeah. sad that Brian Ching might be done after this. luckily Bobby Wood gots the Hawaiian blood flowing thru him.
09:14 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
For the Galaxy though, they're pretty much losing their best players...Beckham is for sure gone, Juninho is going to return to Brazil, Omar is more than likely gone, and it's looking like a strong possibility that Donovan may take a season off. What a crazy shift this could be for them.
09:49 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
12 hours! Fuck Bayern!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music