AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 66
11:06 PM on 08/17/12
Alex26
User Info.
I agree. I actually felt the album had some high points but was brought down by enough low points and meh songs to really be a solid release. I still think Under A Paper Moon had some of their best lyrics in years but unfortunately the album was so diverse with songs they just did not do that great on. It was not complete crap but its not the album everyone will remember years from now. I do wanna hear their new album and am glad it will sound better. I think their first single was ok but its not enough to really get me super excited. All Time Low are a talented band with a good live show regardless of the storm of hate they get but the last album lacked quality and their last single sounded a bit forced.
Under a Paper Moon is my favorite song off Dirty Work. And I agree, there were songs on Dirty Work that I did not fully enjoy, but I liked a large majority of the record. Oh and they don't have a lead single from the new record yet. The Reckless and the Brave is not the lead single. It's just a song they leaked for fun. The lead single will be released soon since they just finished shooting a video for it a few days ago.
11:15 PM on 08/17/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Under a Paper Moon is my favorite song off Dirty Work. And I agree, there were songs on Dirty Work that I did not fully enjoy, but I liked a large majority of the record. Oh and they don't have a lead single from the new record yet. The Reckless and the Brave is not the lead single. It's just a song they leaked for fun. The lead single will be released soon since they just finished shooting a video for it a few days ago.
It may not be a lead single but I am gonna go ahead and consider it a single since it got so much promotion. I mean it was such a big deal for them to play it on warped that shirts have already been made for it I believe. I even saw the signing pass posters they gave out with the artwork for the song. I mean it has single artwork and is a new song so as far as I am concerned its the first single and honestly I like the sound but something about it seems off.

Edit: Technically on itunes it is labeled as a single
11:20 PM on 08/17/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Any fan who is over obsessive over one band and normally just that one band are pretty bad. Lets not forget MCR fans. When any 'fan' of an artist's work becomes so obsessive its creepy and they don't care how poor the material is they consider it gold than there is problems. I am a big time Yellowcard fan, and a MCR fan, and a fan of many different bands. There are people like these ATL fans that worship Jack and Alex like saviors upon earth. Its one thing for someone to love a groups music and another to idolize. I do agree TWY have some pretty crazy hardcore fans despite how good the band is.

This makes sense. I guess it's since I don't hang out with 14 year old female ATL fans, and running into 'Bro' Wonder Years fans Is pretty inevitable at this stage of life. I'm a fan of both bands and both have great songs that really carry emotional Weight for me but I guess I don't feel as strongly as others. Of course if this discussion was about Brand New, Saves The Day, or Motion City Soundtrack - I'd be gushing fanboyisms
11:26 PM on 08/17/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This makes sense. I guess it's since I don't hang out with 14 year old female ATL fans, and running into 'Bro' Wonder Years fans Is pretty inevitable at this stage of life. I'm a fan of both bands and both have great songs that really carry emotional Weight for me but I guess I don't feel as strongly as others. Of course if this discussion was about Brand New, Saves The Day, or Motion City Soundtrack - I'd be gushing fanboyisms
Yea but the big differences is you love all those bands. It is just creepy when people feel so devoted to just one band. I may love yellowcard but I also like bands that inspired them and bands who got big around them. I like small acts as much as big acts. I have my favorites but their is no band I love that I would not be able to call out if they wrote a bad record. Granted I have yet to hear a bad record by most bands I really love but thats cause I appreciate change to a degree. Basically you are a normal fan of music and the obsessive, go to every show, only listen to this band fans normally give Bands bad names. MCR, TWY, ATL, and more may have some crazy fans the majority of their fan base is people who just really like that style of music and especially theirs.
11:33 PM on 08/17/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
i follow both jason and alex...it was a pretty funny thing going on
11:49 PM on 08/17/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I followed them like last week and mentioned their name on twitter and got 10 new followers the next day...

Weirdos
04:44 AM on 08/18/12
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Any fan who is over obsessive over one band and normally just that one band are pretty bad. Lets not forget MCR fans. When any 'fan' of an artist's work becomes so obsessive its creepy and they don't care how poor the material is they consider it gold than there is problems. I am a big time Yellowcard fan, and a MCR fan, and a fan of many different bands. There are people like these ATL fans that worship Jack and Alex like saviors upon earth. Its one thing for someone to love a groups music and another to idolize. I do agree TWY have some pretty crazy hardcore fans despite how good the band is.
Twilight. /thread

Also, reading those replies to Jason made my morning. So ridiculously hilarious.
05:35 AM on 08/18/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Hoping catchy and poppy means they'll be going more power pop esque. Forget About It was def a jam.
06:15 AM on 08/18/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It may not be a lead single but I am gonna go ahead and consider it a single since it got so much promotion. I mean it was such a big deal for them to play it on warped that shirts have already been made for it I believe. I even saw the signing pass posters they gave out with the artwork for the song. I mean it has single artwork and is a new song so as far as I am concerned its the first single and honestly I like the sound but something about it seems off.

Edit: Technically on itunes it is labeled as a single

If we really want to get technical, every individual song is a single. And a song being sold by itself on iTunes gets labeled a single, regardless.

Reckless and the Brave wasn't a "single" in the sense everyone thinks. They released it, played it on Warped, had it on some posters, etc. but that's really a way to promote the new record more than anything... They just released it as a preview and a means of promoting.
07:02 AM on 08/18/12
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
Paramore fans are worse!!
07:58 AM on 08/18/12
esposimi
0118 999 881 99 9119 7253
User Info.
Wonder if these tweets have anything to do with it.

`
08:43 AM on 08/18/12
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
User Info.
BOTDF fangirls are way worse than ATL fangirls and TWY fanbros, but they're all three bad
08:48 AM on 08/18/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Whatever Soupy says is God's word brahh. Stay posi brahhh. I'm gonna wear my beanie in 110 degree heat brahhhhhh.
08:49 AM on 08/18/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
This is why we have h8erssssss.
08:51 AM on 08/18/12
15 Step
User Info.
i had a small rant about ATL on tumblr. tagged ATL. next thing I know, fangirls we're sending me hate messages left and right (some of my favorites being "Blink 182 wishes they were ATL" and "you wish you were as hot as Jack"). they're like pigeons going after a french fry. but worse. they're 15 years olds and don't know what the real ATL sounds like. Dirty Work is comparable to the Jonas Brothers.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos