Username
Password
Muse News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Muse
Inside AP.net

Muse Releases Madness

Posted by: Gregory Robson (08/20/12)
Muse has released their second single "Madness," from their upcoming album The 2nd Law. The song impacts radio today and is available for purchase digitally. The 2nd Law arrives Oct. 2. Head here to listen to it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
06:44 AM on 08/20/12
kevinbr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lame...
06:45 AM on 08/20/12
TroNiC
User Info.
urgh. queen meets skrillex.
06:48 AM on 08/20/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the only song iv ever liked from this band
06:59 AM on 08/20/12
x-factor6
User Info.
poor muse... Guess I'm not interested in their tour later this year, I don't want to ruin past memories. These 2 songs are soooo bad, along with the last album. It's sad.
07:06 AM on 08/20/12
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
I'll always love Muse but they are not making the songs I want them to make anymore.
07:06 AM on 08/20/12
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
urgh. queen meets skrillex.

I'm not even touching this one.
07:12 AM on 08/20/12
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I kind of like this...
07:16 AM on 08/20/12
OdourlessHobo
woop woop woop
User Info.
extremely weak. Everything I've heard from this album has been underwhelming.
07:18 AM on 08/20/12
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
What the fuck Muse???
07:19 AM on 08/20/12
LogikaX
Project Tu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really wanted it to explode in the bridge instead of that kinda meh guitar solo, but I actually am a fan of this. Fantastic melody
07:22 AM on 08/20/12
BSmittyAu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've hated the last few songs they've put our and enjoyed very little of resistance. That said...

This song kicks ass. Builds like crazy, great guitar solo, great vocals... Aside from people that are thinking it isn't "cool" to like Muse now I think it will be a well received single. The rest of the album who knows.

If Muse had never released previous material and this came out it would be "revolutionary" and compared to radiohead IMO. They won't make another origins of symmetry. People need to get past it.
07:23 AM on 08/20/12
Beatzero
User Info.
It a lot like Undisclosed Desires (which I love) but much more simple. The last third or so of the song sounds a lot more like Muse, which is something they intentionally left for the end. Nothing groundbreaking, but I think it will grow on me, especially in context with the rest of the album.

Also, I fail to see how anyone compares this to Skrillex.
07:25 AM on 08/20/12
dafries1
User Info.
Definitely going in a new direction, but I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes it.

And they're still one of the best live bands out there.
07:31 AM on 08/20/12
Beatzero
User Info.
This song kicks ass. Builds like crazy, great guitar solo, great vocals... Aside from people that are thinking it isn't "cool" to like Muse now I think it will be a well received single. The rest of the album who knows.

Spot on. They actually said what you just said in interviews, so it's cool that someone on here actually gets that from the song and doesn't just give up 10 seconds in because of lack of instant gratification.

I found these last night and they're really interesting. It also explains really well the creativity in their song writing, which is what people on here seem to associate with "selling out."

They talk about the whole album and the process in creating it, and it explains a lot of what has been released so far. It sounds like the album has three sections of electronic based songs, rock songs, and then orchestral songs. I'm interested to hear the other songs, as just like with previous releases, the poppy watered down songs are the singles and the really great stuff is left for the album.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums