08:52 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
yea its definitely awesome

I've spent hours already going through individual games and overall rankings and I've only had it for a day
11:45 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
Jets fear Santonio Holmes is out for the rest of the season. Good thing they have a stellar receiving corps.
11:51 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 22 Years Old
@RLiuNFL
NFC West teams have 11 wins, most by division in @nfl. At this point last year, NFC West had 5 wins

kind of surprising since most people would have considered the NFCW the weakest division before the season started
11:53 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Jets fear Santonio Holmes is out for the rest of the season. Good thing they have a stellar receiving corps.

And he's due somewhere around 8 million dollars next season. Ugh.
11:59 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
So far this season, the NFC West is 9-3 in games where they don't play each other. In 2011 through week 4, they were 3-9. In 2010 through week 4, they were 3-7.
12:24 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Seriously, when I read this at Rotoworld, I threw up in my mouth a little
Quote:
If Stephen Hill (hamstring) can't return this week, the Jets starting wideouts would be Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley.
There are college teams with a better WR combo than that.

And he's due somewhere around 8 million dollars next season. Ugh.
That Santonio deal was always a little awful, but, now it looks especially bad when you combo it with the Sanchez extension. If their season falls apart and they end up with a top 3 pick (which is pretty likely with Houston and NE in 2 of their next 3), can they really even draft a #1 QB? They'd be forced to grab an o-lineman or a WR or something instead, because of that extension.
12:27 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
The NFC South is the new NFC West.
12:29 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Seriously, when I read this at Rotoworld, I threw up in my mouth a little
There are college teams with a better WR combo than that.

That Santonio deal was always a little awful, but, now it looks especially bad when you combo it with the Sanchez extension. If their season falls apart and they end up with a top 3 pick (which is pretty likely with Houston and NE in 2 of their next 3), can they really even draft a #1 QB? They'd be forced to grab an o-lineman or a WR or something instead, because of that extension.

I'm on my phone so it's tough for me to research but didn't they structure Sanchez's extension to make it possible to cut him after this year? Holmes has guaranteed money but I think we can comfortably cut Sanchez after this season without much to pay him.
12:42 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Quote:
The contract extension is for $40.5 million, giving him five total years for $58.25 million, with $20.5 million fully guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus and all of Sanchez's 2012 and 2013 base salaries
Sanchez base salary in 2013 is $8.25mil, plus, cutting him would make all that guaranteed money move to that year's cap, so whatever previous money they deferred would count in there too. I assumed that probably $6mil of that $8mil signing bonus would move up, and there is probably an equally high amount from his past contract. So, cutting him would cost them probably $15-20mil in cap space easy, plus they'd still be paying him $8mil to go play for another team. That means between Holmes and Sanchez, they'd be taking up 1/5th of their cap space, and only have 1 worthless WR on the roster to show for it.

No, Sanchez is on that team for 2013 pretty much no matter what, unless there is some loophole I haven't seen. After 2013 its all non-guaranteed money and they can cut him easily. It's especially stupid because without that extension, Sanchez would have one year left on his deal at a reasonable rate with no guaranteed money ahead. So if things fell apart, they could have cut him easily, and if he played well, then they could have offered that extension. Now they are stuck paying $20mil in guarantees this year and next for the 30th rated QB passing for the 26th most yards

edit: Yep, found the cap numbers, he'd count $17.1 mil against the cap as dead money if cut: http://nyjetscap.com/marksanchez.html
12:45 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Sanchez base salary in 2013 is $8.25mil, plus, cutting him would make all that guaranteed money move to that year's cap, so whatever previous money they deferred would count in there too. I assumed that probably $6mil of that $8mil signing bonus would move up, and there is probably an equally high amount from his past contract. So, cutting him would cost them probably $15-20mil in cap space easy, plus they'd still be paying him $8mil to go play for another team. That means between Holmes and Sanchez, they'd be taking up 1/5th of their cap space, and only have 1 worthless WR on the roster to show for it.

No, Sanchez is on that team for 2013 pretty much no matter what, unless there is some loophole I haven't seen. After 2013 its all non-guaranteed money and they can cut him easily. It's especially stupid because without that extension, Sanchez would have one year left on his deal at a reasonable rate with no guaranteed money ahead. So if things fell apart, they could have cut him easily, and if he played well, then they could have offered that extension. Now they are stuck paying $20mil in guarantees this year and next for the 30th rated QB passing for the 26th fewest yards

Alright. Guess I read wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

And fuck.
12:46 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
Dolphins signed Jabar Gaffney and cut Legedu Naanee

thank god
12:48 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old

thank god

I think that's a great signing for you guys.
12:52 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old

thank god
I'm surprised nobody had signed him. Dude had 1000yds last season with Rex Grossman as his QB
12:53 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
Naanee was so so bad

he was the starting WR and got his first catch this past week

...and promptly fumbled with no one touching him
12:58 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
I will say, as a Brian Hartline owner in fantasy, I'd rather you guys have Naanee than Gaffney

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos