Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:13 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Eich696
Amaro Jr.
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
The first Eagles game I remember watching is the divisional playoff game when they lost to the Giants in January 2001. I'm sure I watched some before that, but I definitely lucked out. They got good once I was old enough to get into them.

That said, if Vick keeps making 2+ turnovers a game, and the games are as close as they've been, it'll be hard for me to stick by him. Totally agree on the D-line though. The Steelers don't have a great O-line, which makes it worse.

All you need to know is Bobby Hoying.
07:14 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Bow Down to Washington
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
The first Eagles game I remember watching is the divisional playoff game when they lost to the Giants in January 2001.

Jason Sehorn...yeah fuck him.
07:16 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Eich696
Amaro Jr.
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
I tried to erase all of that from my memory.
07:20 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I just hope one day I grow out of sports, or at least become a sports atheist like Chuck Klosterman.
08:15 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
I can understand that Vick's play has been frustrating, but do you seriously think Nick Foles is going to give the Eagles a better chance to win than Vick?

Lose with him or without him, what's the difference? One, we know the result. The other, we don't. Vick has been ass as a quarterback after his first 8 games 2 years ago. Huge reason why their record is what it is now. He's figured out and the Eagles system with him is figured out.

Yeah, its not all on one player. Just extremely frustrated by all the turnovers. I really do like Vick and if he could just limit the turnovers/play smarter things would be fine.

Vick has never showed any signs of QB intelligence. He's not going to change.

It's just crazy....I'm not sure how long you've watched the Eagles but if you watched pre-McNabb then you'd remember that those were some DARK days. Our season was over by Week 5-6 like the Browns in modern day. I'm not ready to go back to that. I'm a proponent that if you make the playoffs, anything is possible and if they have a shot at that, then you put your best players on the field. By Week 12-13-14, if the Eagles are eliminated from the playoffs then sure, throw Foles in there and get him some time but until that point, you stick with your best players.

Yes, Vick's fumblitis is killing this team, costed them at least 6 today. But a section of the team getting away with little blame is the D-Line thats supposed to be one of the most feared in the league. Big Ben had all sorts of time with little to no pressure. No sacks today or last week. That's gotta change.

Rich Kotite 91-94: 36-28, 1-1 in playoffs.
Ray Rhodes: 20-12 first 2 years, 9-22-1 next 2. Yet 1-2 in playoffs.

Reid last 3 plus years: 31-21, 0-2 in playoffs.

What's the overwhelming difference? So while the 90s were so bad, they still made the playoffs 3 times and competed iin the toughest division in football that era.

People hold onto to 2001-2004 like it is recent history. That shit was almost 10 fucking years ago.

The first Eagles game I remember watching is the divisional playoff game when they lost to the Giants in January 2001. I'm sure I watched some before that, but I definitely lucked out. They got good once I was old enough to get into them.

That said, if Vick keeps making 2+ turnovers a game, and the games are as close as they've been, it'll be hard for me to stick by him. Totally agree on the D-line though. The Steelers don't have a great O-line, which makes it worse.

Worst game. And the biggest change that will come with Foles over Vick is play-calling, which is what needed to be changed the most. This team has scored over 20 points only once so far...without that talent.
08:22 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Eich696
Amaro Jr.
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
The Dark Knight Rises
08:57 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
The Dark Knight Rises
4-1

09:04 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
everytime I see Drew bitch about the packers I just want to link him to a list of the Bills last 13 seasons. So fucking spoiled.
10:55 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Chris M.

Fuckin' Ponder. Won't let the Bears run away with the division.
01:28 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
everytime I see Drew bitch about the packers I just want to link him to a list of the Bills last 13 seasons. So fucking spoiled.

I honestly feel bad when I complain about the Panthers so much during the gameday threads because there are Bills, Dolphins and Browns fans here who have had it worse but man, I would take every Eagles/Packers season since 2009 over what the Panthers have become since then in a heartbeat. I'm at the point where I'm starting to feel "obligated" to watch them because I don't even look forward to the games anymore.
03:31 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
Monticello
Male - 25 Years Old
Colts have a pretty good chance at a good record early in this season. upcoming games are NYJ, CLE, TEN, MIA, JAX. honestly Miami is the scariest team. colts could be 7-2. i expect them to be around 5-4 thoug. but man that upcoming schedule looks delicious. Im going to actually be at the Colts/browns game on the 50 yard line. hope that's a win.

i would be stoked with a 6-3 record
05:42 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
TheFaceOfZach
Strokes the Furry Wall
Plymouth, Minnesota
Male - 21 Years Old
Colts have a pretty good chance at a good record early in this season. upcoming games are NYJ, CLE, TEN, MIA, JAX. honestly Miami is the scariest team. colts could be 7-2. i expect them to be around 5-4 thoug. but man that upcoming schedule looks delicious. Im going to actually be at the Colts/browns game on the 50 yard line. hope that's a win.

i would be stoked with a 6-3 record

I agree, and it was great seeing the Colts pull off the upset. Luck is already poised to have a better rookie year than Manning did. Irsay is looking genius for that. The Vontae Davis trade is looking kind of weak (given up a 150+ passer rating to opposing quarterbacks). But all in all it was great seeing the Colts win. I even forgive the team for beating my Vikings in Week 2. Also, I was at the Vikings game yesterday. And to hear an announcement at the game that the Packers lost was just AWESOME.
06:15 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
all I know is that the Packers need to rebuild this offseason and fire half of its coaching staff.
06:26 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
Monticello
Male - 25 Years Old
all I know is that the Packers need to rebuild this offseason and fire half of its coaching staff. The offensive line is pathetic and the entire defense save for Clay Matthews is awful.

i think the packers problem on offense was that their gameplan revolved around Benson. when he went out they deviated too much and couldn't get any rhythm. the o line sucked worse than the colts' did
06:29 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
I think the Packers miss Jennings more than people think

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives