Password
This Thread is Closed.

08:50 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
youenvydoug
#FREETHETVAG
Port Richey, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
Just saw the Steve McNair commercial for his special on the nfl network and got instantly sad.
10:29 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
absolutely. dude lives for football. and of course, this:

haha that was what really won me over on him.
10:49 AM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Eagles 9-5.
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Eagles are supposedly quietly shopping Dion Lewis....not going to get much for him but I'd be happy with just getting a low draft pick and freeing up a roster space and getting Chris Polk a little bit of playing time.
01:23 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Wow, the are really doing it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gles-facility/
01:59 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
I'm taking 10+ shots a game
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Eagles are supposedly quietly shopping Dion Lewis....not going to get much for him but I'd be happy with just getting a low draft pick and freeing up a roster space and getting Chris Polk a little bit of playing time.

They should just trade whichever of the backup RBs gets them the best value.
02:01 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Eagles 9-5.
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
They should just trade whichever of the backup RBs gets them the best value.

Dion is probably going to get the most value because he has the most experience but that's still not fetching anything more than a 6th-7th.
02:02 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Dion is probably going to get the most value because he has the most experience but that's still not fetching anything more than a 6th-7th.

True that.
02:04 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Eagles 9-5.
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old

Simply, Polk is the guy they need to be giving it to on the goal line since they give it to everybody but Shady.
02:25 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
deadstar
Bricktown, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
Dont really understand Weslye Saunders being cur
02:28 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
The Low-Cal Calzone Zone
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
^wut. that's random
02:34 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Dont really understand Weslye Saunders being cur
weird. Especially because wasn't he the emergency O-lineman usually? Either way, I imagine he is getting cut so they can bring in more olineman
02:39 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
deadstar
Bricktown, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
weird. Especially because wasn't he the emergency O-lineman usually? Either way, I imagine he is getting cut so they can bring in more olineman

Leonard Pope played 3 plays in the last 2 games. I get cutting a TE, just didnt expect it to be Saunders
09:43 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Someone emailed Dan Graziano suggesting that Vick's flak jacket is part of the reason he's fumbling. Seem kind of far-fetched to me, but what do I know.

Quote:
I have worn such armor in the military. When it is on, it is awkward because it does sit off the body and so holding things feels uncomfortable, as the arm is extended out. In addition, when Vick runs with the ball, it is tucked against the hard plate, not in closer to his own body, so he doesn't feel it as well. More important, when the ball is pressed against the hard armor, it will tend to squirt out from the pressure point (like squeezing a grape between two fingers until it pops). Hence, I firmly believe part of Vick's fumble problems, especially seen last week as he fell forward is being caused by the chest protector - there is no doubt about it. Remember how football players are taught about the four points for proper ball tucking (is it four?). Vick is not meeting those criteria because of the armor. I would modify the armor by putting curved indentations on each side where he could better tuck the ball in instead of the extended sternum style of the current protector.
10:37 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
I know this talk is premature, but Browns fans: What do you want to do if you get the #1 pick? Do you go Smith/Barkley, pick someone like Jarvis Jones, or trade down?
Personally, I think they should go Smith/Barkley. It's only been 5 games, but it's pretty clear that Weeden doesn't have what it takes to be a top 10 NFL QB. You have to believe that Holmgren, Shurmur, and possibly even Heckert will be gone after the season, so Haslam and whomever he (and likely Joe Banner) installs at coach and GM will not feel responsible for Weeden. It'll be a tough sunk cost, but you're talking about two guys that are each 22-years-old and will not have the clock ticking on their development. I don't think they should even consider trading down with two potential franchise QBs sitting there.

As for Jones, he's a phenomenal player and exactly what the Browns could use on defense, so he wouldn't be the worst consolation if they somehow land at 3 with the QBs off the board. However, at that point, I would not fault them for trading down either due to huge needs at G, LB, CB, and WR. Next year's draft seems to be really defensive line-heavy at the top of the draft, which really isn't a huge need with the solid, young rotation of Rubin, Taylor, Winn, and Hughes at DT and Sheard at LDE. Sure, Frostee Rucker doesn't have a polished all-around game, but he can be a solid starter until they're ready to upgrade RDE.
10:43 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
about3fitty
Registered Member
Someone emailed Dan Graziano suggesting that Vick's flak jacket is part of the reason he's fumbling. Seem kind of far-fetched to me, but what do I know.

they were talking about this on daily news live on thursday. it sounded kind of like a cop-out to me. if a player is holding the ball high like they're supposed to, the ball isn't directly contacting their body anyway. it would be against their pads. this isn't something new for vick either. its not like he just started fumbling this year. there was an article in the reading eagle about his fumbling last week:

Quote:
Asked if he believes the fumbles are a by-product of his sometimes frantic game, Vick gave this startling response:

"No, that's been my style, and I never had a problem with fumbling before."

Really? Not a problem?

Including Sunday, Vick has fumbled the ball 84 times in 116 career games, and lost 39 of them. He's the leader among active players, and has twice led the league in fumbles, with 16 in 2004 and 11 in 2010.

With eight fumbles through five games, he's on pace not only to compile the most of his career, but break the NFL record, too. Kerry Collins, a Wilson grad, in 2001 and Daunte Culpepper in 2002 each fumbled 23 times, and would be only too happy to have Vick add to the eight NFL records he already owns, all of them related to quarterback rushing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos