AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Circa Survive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.Net Interview: Circa Survive

Posted by - 07:32 AM on 08/21/12
You can read our lengthy interview with Circa Survive vocalist Anthony Green, where we discuss the band's new record Violent Waves and their decision to do this record completely on their own, here.
From the InterviewWe have a lot on the line right now. Itís not like Iím living in my parentsí basement Ė Iím feeding two kids and Iím supporting people. I wanna be able to prove to our fans that you can do this without a record label and you can do this just with your passion and your fire for it. You donít need a big company to come take your publishing and take your hard earned money in exchange for a small advance and distribution team. And I want to prove that to them, because I think that most of our fans are artists or musicians of some kind, and I want it to be true.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
07:46 AM on 08/21/12
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
such a great interview, I always wondered whether Atlantic/Island had dropped them or what.

Roll on the album release, it is going to fucking slay
08:20 AM on 08/21/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Good for them
09:41 AM on 08/21/12
hiddentrack
I feel fine when youíre in my head.
User Info.
Awesome. I hope this album is a success for them.
10:50 AM on 08/21/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I downloaded he leak because I couldn't wait to hear some new Circa. The album is fantastic amd I can't wait to hear it in full quality because the leak sounds like shiiiiit.
10:54 AM on 08/21/12
ACA
Kevin Devine @ NYC 11/3
User Info.
Circa Survive is making a big mistake not releasing the album in its proper quality.

God knows Thursday made one of the worst moves of their career by releasing that awful MySpace rip. It sucks that so many people are judging this album to "sound like shit" when they're not aware it isn't the proper rip.

Love CS, question their current strategy.
11:24 AM on 08/21/12
Tele72
User Info.
After reading this I found it necessary that I buy the cd from their site despite already having downloaded it. I feel like even with the poor quality of the leak, more people will still go out and by the album just because of how dedicated their fan base is. I agree with you on Thursday making a bad move, but we all know most Thursday "fans" don't care unless it's Full Collapse, especially at that time.
12:01 PM on 08/21/12
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Circa Survive is making a big mistake not releasing the album in its proper quality.

God knows Thursday made one of the worst moves of their career by releasing that awful MySpace rip. It sucks that so many people are judging this album to "sound like shit" when they're not aware it isn't the proper rip.

Love CS, question their current strategy.
Are you referring to A City By The Light Divided? The version I've had on my iPod for so long has always sounded like shit and I wasn't sure if it's just me or if that's just the way the album is.
12:50 PM on 08/21/12
ACA
Kevin Devine @ NYC 11/3
User Info.
Are you referring to A City By The Light Divided? The version I've had on my iPod for so long has always sounded like shit and I wasn't sure if it's just me or if that's just the way the album is.

Uhg.. exactly my point. So many people have the ass-sounding version because it spread like wildfire. The same thing has already happened to Circa Survive. It's a shame.

Go steal the good version, the album rules.
01:29 PM on 08/21/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love this band all over again, Violent Waves is sooooooo good
02:20 PM on 08/21/12
Kevin Jones
User Info.
this band can do no wrong
12:26 AM on 08/22/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Pawnnnnnnnnnner~
09:19 AM on 08/22/12
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Uhg.. exactly my point. So many people have the ass-sounding version because it spread like wildfire. The same thing has already happened to Circa Survive. It's a shame.

Go steal the good version, the album rules.
Holy shit, so much better! I've always enjoyed this album. It's a crime it took me so long to come around and download the high quality sounding version.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos