AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Author's Rating
Vocals 9.75
Musicianship 3
Lyrics 2
Production 7
Creativity 4
Lasting Value 3
Reviewer Tilt 4
Final Verdict: 47%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Reviewed by: justsurrendrfan (08/22/12)
We The Kings-Party, Fun, Love and Radio EP
Record label-S-Curve Records
Release Date- July 3, 2012

"Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow , Ow," the opening lyrics of The Party, Fun, Love and Radio EP and the title track gives the listeners a apt sample of what we are in for.

Merely a year after the mainstream success and artistic failure that the Sunshine State Of Mind album was, We The Kings are at it again with a all new EP. With Only one true new song. That song being "Party, Fun, Love and Radio," which is quickly becoming the most annoying song I have heard, and without a doubt the weakest We The Kings single. The song is a culmination of all the worst aspects of mainstream radio all piled up into one. Rap, Pop, funny noises ("ow"). Even the artists that are of poor quality on today's radio does each of these aspects much better. The lyrics to the song is probably what may make this the worst We The Kings song. The chorus is most likely the worst. "Party, Fun, Love and radio. We're gonna smash these walls until they fall." Ow indeed.

The saving grace of this EP is Travis Clark's voice which once again is top notch. The next three previously released acoustic songs, (they were on Sunshine State Of Mind as electric versions) are actually decent. "Say You Like Me," the best song off last year's album, may not be as good as a acoustic version, but it is enough to remind us how much we liked the song. The EP closes with the acoustic version of the title track. Ironically the acoustic version is miles better than the original.

All in all the best songs on here, "Say You Like Me," and "Over You," have the superior versions on last year's record so it makes this EP pointless. "Party, Fun, Love and Radio," is not good, and coming from a band who wrote, "Skyway Avenue," "Check Yes Juliet," "All Again For You," and "Heaven Can Wait," it is known that the band will make a comeback from this rubbish. The only issue is finding out when.

3.5/10

Recommended If You Likemainstream Pop; We The Kings' Sunshine State Of Mind

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
03:25 PM on 09/06/12
pepster50
User Info.
you totally trash that song, and yes, i agree. Party, Fun, Love and Radio is an absolutely TERRIBLE song lol
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS