Username
Password
TV News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 62.
08:48 PM on 08/23/12
Wolf I Am!
AWW spelled Wolf Am I!
User Info.
the guitarist plays at my church.. cool I guess...!
09:15 PM on 08/23/12
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
User Info.
Seeing that crowd doesn't make me feel good about listening to this.
09:56 PM on 08/23/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Oh dead serious. Did you listen to the song? Sure the Owl City guy did some singing, but Carly Rae just hummed and repeated some words back to him haha! I am floored this is what is popular to so many people haha. To each their own I guess!
haha I guess what I was saying was just that it's surprising to see someone actually bother to say what you said... I was under the impression that it's widely understood that the DIY rock bands get the short end of the stick and there's nothing we can do about it. There's nothing wrong with the industry, just the tastes of the mainstream.

That being said though, I don't think there's anything wrong with liking pop music. People who aren't deeply invested in music are bound to go after what's catchy and accessible, and I don't think they should be faulted for that.

Also, this song is catchy is fuck and I love it.
10:13 PM on 08/23/12
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
haha I guess what I was saying was just that it's surprising to see someone actually bother to say what you said... I was under the impression that it's widely understood that the DIY rock bands get the short end of the stick and there's nothing we can do about it. There's nothing wrong with the industry, just the tastes of the mainstream.

That being said though, I don't think there's anything wrong with liking pop music. People who aren't deeply invested in music are bound to go after what's catchy and accessible, and I don't think they should be faulted for that.

This!
12:06 AM on 08/24/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
So many white people dancing omg
12:10 AM on 08/24/12
Joey (J-Train)
elcochino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeeeaah I think I'll continue to avoid radio. Fuck this noise.
12:16 AM on 08/24/12
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Great post.
01:48 AM on 08/24/12
xRhysx
Apparently Registered
User Info.
Would any of you risked it just to touch her ass? some of the crowd were pretty close.
03:49 AM on 08/24/12
flo teezy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nothing is wrong with the music business. The business wouldn't put all their support behind songs like that if people didn't buy them. You can't fault the major labels for feeding people exactly what they want.
my thoughts exactly
06:24 AM on 08/24/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
This song, all day. Can't get it outta my head half the time. I'm wondering if it could be on both their albums because it was actually co-written by Thiesen (if I'm correct?) so her label probably just bought rights to use it as well.

While I love CRJ and think she's a cutie, I want to hear this with Breanne Duren singing her part. That girls voice is equally adorable and it'd be a rocker still, I'm positive of it.
06:40 AM on 08/24/12
sammyboy516
User Info.

This is so perfectly worded and expressed.
07:27 AM on 08/24/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Wait, there's an RK version?! Did Matty T write this?
There's not an RK version yet, but Matt did write this song with Adam. I was kinda half joking-half wishing when I said that.
08:23 AM on 08/24/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
This song isn't worthy of candle holding for Call Me Maybe
09:27 AM on 08/24/12
rushour144
User Info.

Fair argument, and valid claim for DIY bands haha! Touche :)
09:34 AM on 08/24/12
rushour144
User Info.
Lots of things wrong with the industry, but this isn't one of them. Bands get big because they attract/entice a large audience with marketable music that is simple minded, and occasionally abstract. If you can honestly say that Circa Survive, for arguments sake, would fit on mainstream radio, you're out of your mind. That's not to say the band isn't "good," just that sometimes they're more fitting to a nitche audience. Same goes for pop artists, being simple and easily accessible doesn't make you "bad." Both parties know what they're doing and what their goals are and how big they realistically think they can be.
No, Circa wouldn't fit anymore (although they are played on XM/Sirius quite a bit, FYI), but at one time they would have (look back in time to the 60s and 70s), maybe not them exactly, but you get what I am saying (bands with musicians who care more about depth then record sales). Like I said with someone else, it isn't the business, it's the society accepting mindless music with no depth anymore, it's really sad. But, too each, their own. I actually do think the song is kind of catchy (more so acoustically with just Adam), but whatever. Sorry to offend you.

But if you say Circa has a "niche" audience...that is one HUGE niche, considering they have 360+ thousand fans on facebook...sell out just about every venue they go to, and are constantly gaining new fans...food for thought :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests