Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57
12:00 PM on 08/24/12
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
I should rephrase then...what is wrong with society that this music sells and is poular/pleasing to the ears (?), hahaha!

I can fully get behind that question my friend!
12:02 PM on 08/24/12
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.

There's not in the sense of how pop music operates. You can't force a person to like a shitty song. But if people like shitty songs on their own, then you can certainly force more of them down their throats. The "problem" is the consumers, not the business. Businesses are there to make money and that's exactly what they're doing. That's all I'm sayin hooommmeeeebooooyyyyy
12:07 PM on 08/24/12
robotswalk
friendly user
User Info.
12:15 PM on 08/24/12
COCAIV
User Info.

Song's awful, she's too cute to look away though...........
04:21 PM on 08/24/12
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
There's not in the sense of how pop music operates. You can't force a person to like a shitty song. But if people like shitty songs on their own, then you can certainly force more of them down their throats. The "problem" is the consumers, not the business. Businesses are there to make money and that's exactly what they're doing. That's all I'm sayin hooommmeeeebooooyyyyy
word
04:32 PM on 08/24/12
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Rushour is your classic ap front page moron.

Onya.
05:46 PM on 08/24/12
rushour144
User Info.
I can fully get behind that question my friend!
:)
05:49 PM on 08/24/12
rushour144
User Info.
It's not all mindless. There are some genuinely good pop artists out there. I won't mention any, because I don't want to derail the conversation, but many of them write their own music, produce it, or at least have a hand in it other than singing it. Society accepted fun., and I don't think that many on this site would label them as "mindless."

And "niche" doesn't mean garage band. Circa Survive is on a well known label and has played many tours, sold out shows and so forth...what I meant by niche was that they find their place in the music industry and cater to it. They don't try to get on the radio. They just make their music and let what happens, happen. What I meant was that Circa Survive would never follow Taylor Swift or Gaga on the radio, because it's an obscure sound by means of comparison. Pop radio has a flow and play similar music that is made with "pop" in mind. So to say "Band (x) deserves to be more popular" or "Band (x) deserves to get more radio play," you're forgetting a large part that what makes them able to make the music they make is not being on the radio. If they were to get on the radio, they'd have to reform themselves musically, marketing, image, etc.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine to see people say "This band deserves to be huge," because, more than likely if they were "huge," they'd have to/probably would sound like the very music that people are dismissing. So, saying "Can't believe Owl City is on the radio, Circa Survive deserves it more," for example, assuming they did play CS on the radio rather than OC, I highly doubt CS would get more fans. People just wouldn't trust radio's judgment. People go to the radio because they like upbeat, fun music, or overly dramatic music, not necessarily because it's always simple-minded or easily accessible. Creating a melody that sticks in one's head or is layered with several harmonies or whatever can be just as difficult as what some bands do in the studio. Music that's on the radio gets waaaay too harsh treatment to people who think they know better.
Fair enough, I like you haha! Very smart and thoughtful rebuttal :) And I totally see what you are saying now. There are a few gems out there, and some rarities on the radio (Mumford and Sons) and some pop bands have a lot of talent, it's just sad so much they get "outshined" or rather, "overshadowed" by the crap that is heard on the radio. Sorry to cause drama, it was useless haha!
06:34 PM on 08/24/12
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Lol what a jabroni
06:39 PM on 08/24/12
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Like, everything in that first paragraph there is wrong and then you've gone and pulled out that I'm really super smart irl card and it's just like hahahahaaha.
12:45 AM on 08/25/12
MusicSnob&Proud
Music Snob
User Info.
soooooo awkward
11:54 PM on 08/26/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
hahahaha @ Al Roker

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates