Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Peace'd Out

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (08/24/12)
Yesterday an old friend sent me a package in the mail. This wasn't a normal press release accompanied by a watermarked CD though. It was a package with a handwritten note that simply said, "I hope you enjoy this. Let me know what you think," accompanied by a USB drive with a black peace sign in the shape of a coffin on it. Considering the band my friend originally was in, this was a bit strange. So I plugged it into my computer and a folder containing a handful of files popped up. According to the .pdf found on the drive and the file extensions themselves, the name of the project is Peace'd Out. The USB's coffin image is found on all the documents and file images within. The USB also contained a cryptic video and a track, "White Pyramid." The song is strange. That strange attraction brought back feelings from enjoying albums like O'God the Aftermath and Art Damage, and then discovering Revolution in Just Listening and We Are the Romans. It's not quite Mike Patton, but you could compare it to the "irony of a dead scene" more than figuratively speaking if you feel the same way as I do about what passes as "post-hardcore" to some these days. There is this military synthesized intro that breaks into heavy guitars and harsh progressions reminiscent of a Curl Up and Die and Snapcase "best of" mix, while the layering and turns feel more like Fear Before the March of Flames and Dillinger Escape Plan met somewhere in the middle of their strongest talents. It's the smarts of Hydra Head's alumni and the power and destruction of Revelation Records' recent nostalgic anniversary. As the track flushes out with a weird delayed organ, I'm excited to hear more. This is the "post-hardcore" I grew up with. This doesn't sound like some "glitch" dubstep pretty boy project. The song shifts are interesting, the riffs are infectious and the vocals sound raw and not coated in studio make-up. According to the .pdf, there are 50 of these USBs that exist. I haven't heard anything from my other press friends, so I'm not sure who else has one of these. But the .pdf also contained instructions to send feedback to an e-mail address. I sent an e-mail last night, and this morning I received a response saying I could reveal a bit of what was contained in the USB. In the replies you can watch a teaser video that has been uploaded about the project, along with what I believe to be album and project art.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
10:12 AM on 08/24/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.

USB Drive

Logo?

Album Art?

Artwork for "White Pyramid" - the track on the USB
10:20 AM on 08/24/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I don't know what the fuck this is but that usb coffin shit is fucking sweet.
10:20 AM on 08/24/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mike Cubillos posted something about it, so that's somewhat of a hint.
10:32 AM on 08/24/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
jesus that video is creepy
10:43 AM on 08/24/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty much this.

Based on that description of the song, will definitely be checking this out.
10:49 AM on 08/24/12
mrnubnub
User Info.
what
10:57 AM on 08/24/12
mrzippo3
User Info.
Thought it was already known who was in Peace'd Out..
11:04 AM on 08/24/12
CountMeOut923
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's Vinnie Caruana & Steve Choi.....

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=988952

Stoked to hear the album though.
11:10 AM on 08/24/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This is cool
11:37 AM on 08/24/12
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's Vinnie Caruana & Steve Choi.....

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=988952

Stoked to hear the album though.

Nice catch! This should be great.
11:59 AM on 08/24/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
If you go to their website is says that the preorder begins on August 28. Is there any place we can check out some of their music? I don't about the rest of you but I'm not too keen on preordering an album when I haven't heard a single song from the band. However, if the music is good I'll preorder in a heartbeat.

Edit: Lookie what I found! http://www.musicdirect.com/p-99883-p...-10-vinyl.aspx
12:37 PM on 08/24/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
This.
01:02 PM on 08/24/12
harveyn590
User Info.
Steve Choi? sign me up!
01:15 PM on 08/24/12
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
Definitely Vinnie in that video. I hope he's singing for this, I've always wanted to hear him do something more aggressive.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests