AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Purevolume News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PureVolume Sits Down With Circa Survive

Posted by - 10:36 AM on 08/27/12
PureVolume sat down with Anthony Green (Circa Survive) to discuss the band's new album and DIY approach.
From The InterviewI know that the people who listen to our music are epic fans and theyíre the people who like the same kind of really passionate, emotional art ó the kind that has dark and light. Weíre never going to be that kind of giant, marketable band. I feel like weíre the kind of band that are more of the outcast type, the artist type, for people that are a little more eccentric. I could be totally wrong (laughs) but thatís how it seems to me! Thatís always been what Iíve been trying to do. Weíve always tried to work with people who would market the bandís weirdness, and I donít want to market [the music] and put it out so that it makes the top 50 countdown. I want the people who are weird to feel [connected to it].

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
11:22 AM on 08/27/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I like to imagine in my mind the lyric "We can't sell our gold damn souls anymore" is a small reference to "would you trade your soul for gold?" on Living Together. Of course it probably isn't/wasn't but man I love stuff like that.

Great interview as always.
11:52 AM on 08/27/12
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
I like to imagine in my mind the lyric "We can't sell our gold damn souls anymore" is a small reference to "would you trade your soul for gold?" on Living Together. Of course it probably isn't/wasn't but man I love stuff like that.

Great interview as always.
Wow, never saw it in that way. Me likie. Also, great interview as well.
04:18 PM on 08/27/12
SHEwstheUNIVRS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, never saw it in that way. Me likie. Also, great interview as well.

Loved the interview. Ya I love that you don't sell out!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos