AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
You Me and Everyone We Know News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
You Me and Everyone We Know
Inside AP.net

Kickstarter To Get YMAEWK's "Some Things...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (08/28/12)
A Kickstarter has been started to get You Me and Everyone We Know's Some Things Don't Wash Out pressed on vinyl.

Submitted by schmalz

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 116
11:03 AM on 08/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Get a fucking job.

These dudes are just starting this label and resorting to Kickstarter already? For fucks sake...God damn this scene sometimes.

Jockeying is the stupidest practice for any Indie label and these guys are doing it straight away AND with kickstarter. Wow.
11:13 AM on 08/28/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish a real label would press this fantastic album. ugh.
11:13 AM on 08/28/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
Get a fucking job.

These dudes are just starting this label and resorting to Kickstarter already? For fucks sake...God damn this scene sometimes.

Jockeying is the stupidest practice for any Indie label and these guys are doing it straight away AND with kickstarter. Wow.

You mad bro?
11:19 AM on 08/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

You literally don't know shit.
11:20 AM on 08/28/12
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
yes please. love this record, love this band.
11:22 AM on 08/28/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Get a fucking job.

I don't really take issue with it. Maybe it's not normal for a record label, but just look at it as a very safe pre-order.
11:22 AM on 08/28/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, this will be the first Kickstarter I support... but $22 for a 1xLP?
11:24 AM on 08/28/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, this will be the first Kickstarter I support... but $22 for a 1xLP?
Price is bad, this is the label's first major release, everything feels sketchy. Love the album, will wait until there's an actual product.
11:30 AM on 08/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't really take issue with it. Maybe it's not normal for a record label, but just look at it as a very safe pre-order.

That's the entire issue. These guys obviously don't have idea what they are doing. It's bullshit, cowardly and unfulfilling for all parties involved. If they "love the record" so much, they would invest their hard earned money into a physical product they want to make a reality.

This entire thing lacks any heart or passion whatsoever.
11:37 AM on 08/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm ranting because this is something I do and this kind of thing infuriates me to no end.

This reeks of cheapskate. No reward. No love. No drive.

*also, I'm not knocking kickstarter or anyone that donates. This is simply my opinion of the two running this campaign. I've seen and supported some great kickstarters.
11:39 AM on 08/28/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
i was all set to post a hugely assholish remark to the thread about this on VC but then i saw the OP was the label owner and i didn't want to shit on him straightaway

but there is no fucking way i would give ben liebsch another cent of my fucking money...what are the ripped-off bandmates gonna see from this?
11:40 AM on 08/28/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
Get a fucking job.

also this is why i want you to press agbpol, you are established and know what you are doing, or you pretend quite well
11:45 AM on 08/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
also this is why i want you to press agbpol, you are established and know what you are doing, or you pretend quite well

Haha no doubt I'm a great pretender
11:45 AM on 08/28/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's the entire issue. These guys obviously don't have idea what they are doing. It's bullshit, cowardly and unfulfilling for all parties involved. If they "love the record" so much, they would invest their hard earned money into a physical product they want to make a reality.

This entire thing lacks any heart or passion whatsoever.

This pressing deffinitely needs 5 different colors of vinyl!!!! I mean, just so it's WAY more expensive to press....
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests