Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48.
01:50 PM on 08/28/12
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
can't wait to hear this in 2015.

Just kidding. But for real. I'm always stoked on new blink. I still listen to Neighborhoods quite a bit, actually.
02:08 PM on 08/28/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
please be plus44. nothing on the latest blink album was better than Baby Come On , Chapter 13, or WYHSB
to me "no it isn't" was the best song on the album (lycanthrope was awesome too). the ones you mentioned are awesome as well.
02:18 PM on 08/28/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
Use a brain sometimes.

Hahaha, this was talked about in the Blink thread as well. The quote was posted, but people saw the word "dubstep" and freaked out thinking Blink was going in that direction or something. People just don't read everything sometimes before jumping to conclusions.

Use a dick sometimes.

(I just wanted to say that, Haha. I don't care that you were kind of a dick. The internet brings out the worst in people.)
02:26 PM on 08/28/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Hopefully this is a demo idea, and not one being sent to Tom and Travis to build on the same way they did with Neighborhoods. Also, where's this career changing decision they were touting last month?
02:46 PM on 08/28/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully this is a demo idea, and not one being sent to Tom and Travis to build on the same way they did with Neighborhoods. Also, where's this career changing decision they were touting last month?
They're doing dubstep, didn't you hear?? That must be pretty career-changing...

In all seriousness, new Mark Hoppus makes me happy, in any form.
02:50 PM on 08/28/12
ilofa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I read a few other comments from posters that seem to be right. When I first started learning Logic coming off of a background in ProTools it's true Logic sounded like garbage when recording live instruments. Many musicians warned me about this difference but it is usually just a learning curve you get past because of the differences in each format. Mark will eventually get to a point where he can get around that muddy, shitty sound that you hear when recording into Logic with a guitar. Just because Mark put that the guitars sound like dubstep doesn't mean that they are trying to write dubstec music, if any of you listeners out there had half of the experience with MIDI and recording you would already know that Blink has used synthesizers and other MIDI sounds previously, which is nothing new. What is ultimately known as dubstep just depends on what type of software and/or plug-ins you have access to, or how they manipulate certain MIDI sounds in whatever programs they are running. #It'snotrocketscience.
03:15 PM on 08/28/12
ibanez966
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What ever happened to that career changing thing they hinted at a few weeks ago?
03:19 PM on 08/28/12
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
What ever happened to that career changing thing they hinted at a few weeks ago?
Nothing has came of it yet, but I'd assume it has to do with the next record. Maybe they were brainstorming ideas on what this record could be like, and if they put effort into it, could easily bring them back into the spectrum as a great band.

Write with passion.
03:20 PM on 08/28/12
TheModernAge
User Info.
Didn't you not read the article? Tom is quitting blink to make a dub step album with +44, while Mark and Travis are now touring members of Radiohead. Learn to jump to conclusions dude.
05:24 PM on 08/28/12
tdlyon
User Info.
This is cool news, but I'm not getting excited about anything until more is known.
07:51 PM on 08/28/12
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
please be plus44. nothing on the latest blink album was better than Baby Come On , Chapter 13, or WYHSB
If we're talking about the entire record Chapter XIII, Little Death, and Lillian are some of the most brilliantly written songs Mark has done in my opinion. Not to mention tracks like Weatherman are executed perfectly, and Cliffdiving... almost speaks for itself.
08:19 PM on 08/28/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
If we're talking about the entire record Chapter XIII, Little Death, and Lillian are some of the most brilliantly written songs Mark has done in my opinion. Not to mention tracks like Weatherman are executed perfectly, and Cliffdiving... almost speaks for itself.
haha really? i think you just listed every song i hate from that album...
04:33 AM on 08/29/12
rob18244
born and raised.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still listen to Neighborhoods most weeks. It's a little disjointed, sure, but I expected that before it's release and it;s never taken away from my enjoyment of the album.

blink-182 will always make music I get into. Partially because I'm blinded by my love for Tom Delonge and nostalgia - but also because their songs always make me feel a certain way. Tom Delonge and Mark Hoppus trading vocals always gets me. Always.
07:54 AM on 08/29/12
jwoody
User Info.
They need to write this next record in the same room....Rent a Blink house circa S/T record. I wanna see the giant spongebob on the live cam again!
01:04 PM on 08/29/12
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
haha really? i think you just listed every song i hate from that album...
Including Chapter XIII? Watching Travis play the outro live just did it for me, although the whole song is incredible. I think the first three I mentioned are by far the deepest on that album as well as most of the blink discography. As for Cliffdiving, it was one of the first four we were exposed to (before the release) and I think it just blew minds.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums