Password
This Thread is Closed.

05:59 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 26 Years Old
It just seems like one of this hit or miss movies based on the plot line and no.

Welllllllllllll you should. Also read Master of the Senate.
06:00 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 26 Years Old
Anybody in here watch the season opener of Homeland on Sunday? So good.
06:04 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
No Avatar Selected
Atlanta, Ga
Male
This ^^ Should have given my stepsister a talk like that, she just went off to UCF. Oi.

I didn't have a little sister, so I sort of treat my girlfriend's sister like my own. But honestly, she thought that she had to look out for a dude in a ski mask hiding in the bushes. Schools need to do better.
06:04 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
No Avatar Selected
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Watch it again, man. You might like it better this time around.

I'll have to do that, I'll let you know.
06:08 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
he's a good bullshitter but a huge con-artist.

this. i hope he's discredited.

that dumb fucking cunt

i don't know why people even bother to give him the time of day anymore

you just went down a few in my book...underoath was always awful.

zing!

i have a big man crush on him.

this will never get old.

i see you trying to out-multiquote me.
I back most of your statements in that post and maybe you being a radical and all are just afaid of competition

It's funny because the argument in favor of gay marriage can be simplified to: Who gives a shit who someone marries?

Also, it is conveniently my usual first line when the topic comes up.
06:08 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire

a lot of those things seem like republican policies that are okay only because obama's a democrat.
06:10 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
this guy is a democrat who writes for third way. he's voting against obama because...nancy pelosi is a liberal? i have trouble taking him seriously, even though he teaches political science at a university.

Quote:
As I consider his record during the last 3.5 years I believe that my reservations regarding his preparedness were largely validated. After promising to be a post-partisan President, Obama repeatedly deferred to then Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi to craft his legislative agenda. Pelosi is proud partisan who actively sought to exclude House Republicans from any meaningful discussions of legislation.

Quote:
Obama again deferred to Congressional leadership for what would become the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. In the House, Pelosi shut Republicans out of the process entirely. In the Senate, only Finance Committee chair Max Baucus actively sought a bipartisan bill. In the end his committee produced a bill that did receive the vote of Republican Senator Olympia Snowe. But when it came time to introduce the bill Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid introduced a version that excluded the bipartisan efforts of Baucus. Throughout the process President Obama consistently refused to engage in the debate. He offered little leadership and frequently confused the process as he seemed to waffle on issues such as whether there should be a public option.

Quote:
Though I support universal health care, the manner in which the bill was enacted was unacceptable. Additionally there are two major problems at the heart of the bill. The first is the individual mandate - a requirement that every American purchase health insurance. Senator Obama had rejected such a mandate when running for President, but then embraced it after the election. My real objection the mandate was the claim that the Constitution's "Commerce Clause" empowered Congress to compel a citizen to purchase a private good - health insurance. Contrary to the claims of many a partisan pundit, such a claim of power was unprecedented. Ultimately the Supreme Court rejected the commerce clause argument, but upheld the mandate as little more than a tax under a different name.

Quote:
Though I support many of the President's policy goals, I am repeatedly disturbed by the manner in which he achieves them. In November 2010, voters elected a majority Republican House of Representatives. In response to this voter-imposed obstacle to his agenda the President has shown a blatant disregard for constitutional limits on his power and the separation of powers.

Quote:
I have problems with Mitt Romney and view votes cast for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein as wasted votes. But for all the things I find objectionable about Mitt Romney, he has never killed a 16 year old American citizen. And that sort of makes the whole "47%" comment seem pretty silly.
06:11 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
I didn't have a little sister, so I sort of treat my girlfriend's sister like my own. But honestly, she thought that she had to look out for a dude in a ski mask hiding in the bushes. Schools need to do better.

Unfortunately, any talk of sex in schools sends parents in a fury, let alone talk of rape.
06:11 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
I back most of your statements in that post and maybe you being a radical and all are just afaid of competition

It's funny because the argument in favor of gay marriage can be simplified to: Who gives a shit who someone marries?

Also, it is conveniently my usual first line when the topic comes up.
competition scares me. status quo forever!
06:15 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
a lot of those things seem like republican policies that are okay only because obama's a democrat.

I'm ok with the ACA, but not because I think it's great. I just think it's better then what we had and is a step in the direction to universal care
06:15 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Welllllllllllll you should. Also read Master of the Senate.

Yes, Master (of the Forums).

And apparently homeland is a good show, but my tv plate is full.
06:16 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 26 Years Old
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...s-choice-made/

lol
06:18 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
No Avatar Selected
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Yes, Master (of the Forums).

And apparently homeland is a good show, but my tv plate is full.

Homeland is remarkable! I dropped Dexter to get onto Homeland, no regrets.
06:19 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
this guy is a democrat who writes for third way. he's voting against obama because...nancy pelosi is a liberal? i have trouble taking him seriously, even though he teaches political science at a university.
Is this guy even close to serious about him being a Dem?
competition scares me. status quo forever!
I thought you were progressive?
I'm ok with the ACA, but not because I think it's great. I just think it's better then what we had and is a step in the direction to universal care

Essentially this. Yet its become mainstream thought that ACA is rather liberal
06:26 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
it's better than nothing, but barely. it is nonetheless still a republican policy, though i do find it kind of stupid to try and pin something so complicated and bulky onto one man.
Is this guy even close to serious about him being a Dem?

again, he writes for third way. so, no. he wants the democratic party to turn more to the right than it already has.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos