Password
This Thread is Closed.

05:10 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Someone just put up a giant 5'x7' Todd Akin sign across from my apartment. I can't decide whether I want to take it down or try and ignore it for the next month.

Put a 5'x7' banner with rape statistics on it outside of your window.
05:24 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
Put a 5'x7' banner with rape statistics on it outside of your window.
That should go over well with the apartment complex management.
05:25 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
That should go over well with the apartment complex management.

Which is a powerful statement regarding attitudes in this country all on its own.
05:29 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
Which is a powerful statement regarding attitudes in this country all on its own.
No it's not. There's a place for messages like that and it's not hanging off of a building.
05:32 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
No it's not. There's a place for messages like that and it's not hanging off of a building.

I assume you feel the same way about the Akin poster?
05:34 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
I assume you feel the same way about the Akin poster?
That's entirely different. Showing support for a candidate is not the same thing as posting statistics about a subject like abortion.
05:35 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
luckykaruba
Jazz Baby
Female - 28 Years Old
That's entirely different. Showing support for a candidate is not the same thing as posting statistics about a subject like abortion.

what about pro-life signs?
05:36 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old

The statistics would be showing their non-support of Akin.
05:38 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
The statistics would be showing their non-support of Akin.
No, a sign sayng "I don't support Akin" would be showing their non-support of Akin.
05:39 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
what about pro-life signs?
Just as bad.
05:40 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
I mean, what I said was obviously in jest. But I am not against that information being out there n billboards and such. I don't want to scare a ton of young women, but we don't have honest conversations about rape. Akin's comments emphasize that reality.
05:41 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
MIT professor Noam Chomsky would vote for President Barack Obama if he lived in a swing state, but only to keep Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan out of the White House.

Chomsky explained last week on the Matthew Filipowicz Show that activists should not spend much time on the “carefully orchestrated electoral extravaganza” with a few exceptions.

“Between the two choices that are presented, there is I think some significant differences,” he said. “If I were a person in a swing state, I’d vote against Romney-Ryan, which means voting for Obama because there is no other choice. I happen to be in a non-swing state, so I can either not vote or — as a probably will — vote for [Green Party candidate] Jill Stein.”
Interesting to hear him say that.

Same

That's okay, between all the members they could start 3 different 5 piece bands, and call them "Un", "Der", and "Oath"
Or they could release a triology of albums and have one for each under those names

Ha, I was just reading that New Yorker article a few minutes ago.
Should post it again so other people will actually read it

Every candidate running against these house republicans should make this the front and center of the entire campiagn.

Here's a map comparing the candidates' campaign expenditures by state. In New Hampshire, Romney outspent Obama 110:1 (Romney spent $36 million while Obama spent $329k)
That's pretty cool.

If it's a legitimate Todd Akin sign, the apartment building has ways of shutting that whole thing down.
Well done.

Welcome back Tate and apparently I shouldn't dismiss Looper as I initially had no interest in it.
05:45 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Welcome back Tate and apparently I shouldn't dismiss Looper as I initially had no interest in it.

I am gonna see Looper this weekend, but I saw The Master this weekend and I thought it was fantastic. Wasn't better than There Will Be Blood, but better than Punch Drunk Love and Magnolia.
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
I mean, what I said was obviously in jest. But I am not against that information being out there n billboards and such. I don't want to scare a ton of young women, but we don't have honest conversations about rape. Akin's comments emphasize that reality.

I'm not a fan of billboard campaigns of anything really. I hope and assume you mean the fact that his comments were said show how uninformed the public is, not that his comments are accurate.
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
As was mine, but it got a conversation going. Maybe rape jokes are the answer to get that conversation going?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos