Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:59 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Princeton, NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
When is Mad Men coming back, like Fall 2033 or something?
07:59 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Theseventhson
Oh Nacer Nacer Chadli
NYC
Male - 23 Years Old
it's best to just not even think about it
08:04 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
I think with Wright, and the Mormon church for that matter, it goes beyond traditional "religious" faith would you not agree?

I haven't seen anything from Obama that makes me think he's anywhere close to Wright's beliefs, and/or that he'd govern that way
08:06 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 27 Years Old
The previews for Season 3 of Walking Dead look really good. I enver read the comics but I'm expecting the introduction of the prison, the governor, and michonne to be really good additions for the show

Last I had heard, Walking Dead was taking a budget hit with more episodes ordered, so I expect a decline in quality.

I had some problems with the comic as well. Specifically, I loved it until Tony Moore left. Charlie Adlard was hired to draw things fast, not well, and it shows. There's a scene featuring a conversation between Rick, Dale, and Alan, and I honestly can't tell the three apart at all. I couldn't really tell what was going on a lot of the time. Another issue I had were the walls of text. Spurs of pages were basically just drawings of distant trees with lots and lots and lots of dialogue bubbles.

As for the show, there tend to be a lot of inconsistencies with how the zombies operate. I also hate the characters. Like, all of them. Every one, they're all terrible and when they die I end up feeling more relieved than anything else, and I'm pretty sure that's not what they were going for. The characters in the comic tended to be complex, human, and at least moderately intelligent. The characters in the show... not so much. I loved Daryl at first because he had the propensity to be awesome but a total dick at any moment, like flip a coin and see what you get. Now he's Good Guy Greg all the time and pairing up with one of the worst characters ever for no apparent reason.

Basically, things always start out great and swiftly decline, and they add more that starts out great and swiftly declines, and I'm really not sure how much more of that I can take. I want to like the show, there are moments where I really like the show, but it's all a big mess. I hope things pick back up this season. I'm not holding my breath.
08:07 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 27 Years Old
Are we seriously talking about reverend Wright again?
08:16 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I think with Wright, and the Mormon church for that matter, it goes beyond traditional "religious" faith would you not agree?
Yeah, in terms of American politics. I don't think either candidate's religion influences any governing of theirs. Therefore, it shouldn't really be brought up. Also, I've seen much less coverage about Mormonism than I expected. What I have seen is Romney's religious life specially and that has shown him in a rather positive light. Covering his time in the church like that as a part of a special is good for me. Religion should nowhere close to being a key issue for me. Unless it's religious justification for a policy, and then the actual idea alone should be attacked.

/justmerambling
08:20 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
Duluth, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
It is, IMO, the best show on television.

If The Walking Dead improves its budget, it could have the potential. Such a shame HBO didn't pick it up instead of AMC

my roommates and I just finished the second season tonight. Whatever that thing was that saved Andrea...BLEW MY MIND.
08:25 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Well, they saw 9 minutes of a 40 minute video. There isn't too much new in there, except that he openly praises Wright's church and Wright as a mentor and a friend when 8 months later he tries to distance himself from Wright. Of course, the media protected him.

Seriously, I don't want to see the word "Mormon" on this board again as long as people are voting for Obama. There are a million reasons to hate Romney, but do not invoke Mormonism when you are perfectly comfortable voting for Obama despite his association with and guidance by Wright.
Thought you might like this. It's a fair point.

@BuzzFeedAndrew: RT @JanCBS: Motive always a Q in journalism, but Katrina comments were news--certainly if bar is Romney cutting someone's hair in HS.
08:33 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
For some reason, I was thinking Third Way was something else. A true life-long centrist would be in sync with the Democratic party today no?
supposedly.
The only current show I'm watching is Parks and Rec.

Other TV shows I'm working my way through:
Freaks and Geeks
30 Rock
The Office

Want to start watching:
Community
The Wire
Mad Men
i love freaks and geeks and 30 rock. gotta start watching mad men, weeds, and more.
Freaks and Geeks will be over soon. drop 30 rock and The Office for times when you have nothing else to watch. The Wire, Mad Men, and Community are worthy, but I would make time for Homeland.

The only show I watch current is Parks and Rec as well, but once Walking Dead and Homeland starts i've got more to watch.

I don't watch a lot of TV current.
i hear walking dead is good.
You all need to add Game of Thrones to your lists immediately. Fools!
read the books? i have.
But it's Republicans saying he didn't do anything. In fact, he did a lot. A good deal of which were conservative ideas.
right. so as a means of rebutting conservative arguments against obama, it's pretty good in showing that he is in fact pretty conservative. but from a left-wing perspective, this shows the limits of the democratic party's ability to achieve liberal/progressive/center-left policy goals.
08:44 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
right. so as a means of rebutting conservative arguments against obama, it's pretty good in showing that he is in fact pretty conservative. but from a left-wing perspective, this shows the limits of the democratic party's ability to achieve liberal/progressive/center-left policy goals.
The article is there to rebut the criticism that he hasn't done anything. It's not written to say he's done progressive things. He's done when he can given the political atmosphere.
09:58 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
Walking Dead suuuuuucked.

Never saw an episode. Am I a bad person?
10:03 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
Amazing premise. I wanted to love it. Two episodes in and you've seen it all. Booooooo!!

I don't feel so bad anymore. I need to get HBO though. I've never seen Boardwalk Empire.
10:06 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
Good show. Doesn't touch BB or MadMen or Homeland though.

Hm. I have a lot of shows to watch. Just need to make time for it.
10:06 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
Jason, I'm surprised you haven't addressed the post I linked you to on Facebook.
10:09 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
My recent blog post was all about TV worth watching. Haha.

Working 2 jobs now makes it hard. I work 8:30-10:30 during the week, most of the day Saturday and am off Sunday. But that's for football. Though I guess watching the Jets is pointless now and I could start BB

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos