Password
This Thread is Closed.

02:39 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Dude, seriously, you just ignore people don't you?

Already provided to you: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...pital-20120829

I won't accept Rolling Stone magazine as a source any more so than you would accept Town Hall magazine.

Also, you aren't answering my question, you are just posting links.
02:41 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Let's stop the religion talk and just watch/listen to this:

02:41 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
I won't accept Rolling Stone magazine as a source any more so than you would accept Town Hall magazine.

So what's in that article is factually inaccurate?
02:43 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
So what's in that article is factually inaccurate?

I didn't read it.
02:43 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
dretti
bounce bitch bounce
D.C.
Male - 26 Years Old
Just print out the facts on the lie on the tax plan and hand it out to everyone

Might just go make about 10,000 copies and drop them literally everywhere.

Although it might not even matter...since people around here are stating it was a Romney "ass-whooping" based off of his body language, speaking louder, and offensive consistency with interruptions. Politics is apparently only a hair away from a national sport now.
02:44 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old

Why not give it a shot, then see what you think?
02:49 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male

Which posts gave you that impression?

Not one post in particular. Just all of the calling Romney out on his lies (totally fair) and ignoring Obama's own lies.

It's why having an honest discussion about politics is impossible on this board. I feel like this board, me included, treat politics like a college football or something.

The fact is, Romney said a bunch of stuff without giving absolutely crucial specifics, this is why he is going to lose the election. Obama, on the other hand, tensed up because he isn't used to being challenged (McCain certainly didn't). I'll give Romney points for pointing out some of the reasons Obama is terrible at his job, but I won't give him the win because he failed to convince why he would be better.

They both did a really poor job at talking to the American people.

But Lehrer takes the cake as the failure of the evening.
02:51 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
dretti
bounce bitch bounce
D.C.
Male - 26 Years Old

Matt Taibbi is actually legit, but I can offer you a story in the Boston Globe or perhaps the New York Times? Both are filled with examples
02:52 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Matt Taibbi is actually legit, but I can offer you a story in the Boston Globe or perhaps the New York Times? Both are filled with examples

I'll take the Boston Globe for 200 and get back to you.
02:57 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
I like you Jason and I'm glad you're posting in this forum again, but you do seem to get really pissed off, really easily.
02:59 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
dretti
bounce bitch bounce
D.C.
Male - 26 Years Old
Not one post in particular. Just all of the calling Romney out on his lies (totally fair) and ignoring Obama's own lies.

It's why having an honest discussion about politics is impossible on this board. I feel like this board, me included, treat politics like a college football or something.

The fact is, Romney said a bunch of stuff without giving absolutely crucial specifics, this is why he is going to lose the election. Obama, on the other hand, tensed up because he isn't used to being challenged (McCain certainly didn't). I'll give Romney points for pointing out some of the reasons Obama is terrible at his job, but I won't give him the win because he failed to convince why he would be better.

They both did a really poor job at talking to the American people.

But Lehrer takes the cake as the failure of the evening.

I pretty much agree with you on all of this. Especially the last two lines. I thought the debate format fell apart from the get-go, and was largely pretty uninteresting. Besides Romney acting like he had a completely different platform than what his actually is, it was pretty much stump speech (known counterpoint)-followed by-stump speech (known counterpoint). I agreed with what a lot of the pundits were saying last night and today that Romney won the debate because he acted "as an equal" to President Obama. Not necessarily better than in any way, but he at least could "walk the walk, and talk the talk," which I think surprised everyone. Lies were to be expected, but this was a different Romney last night than the normal "Robot Mitt," this Mitt was energized and didn't act like a businessman, but a politician.
03:19 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Matt Taibi is a very legit journalist who shouldn't just be discounted because "oh it's in Rolling Stone"....like, really?
03:47 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Also....I'd really just like a panel of people from the Tax Policy Center or from factcheck and politifact to just be sitting there at a table in the room, doing real time fact checks, and after these candidates stop talking, have the moderator turn to the fact checking panel and say "well, gentlemen?"...and proceed to watch our politicians be exposed for the liars they are live on national television.
03:53 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
03:54 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I like you Jason and I'm glad you're posting in this forum again, but you do seem to get really pissed off, really easily.
My default state is what you see as "pissed off." It's just normal old me. Sitting around drinking a coke and eating Cheez-Its. Nothing changes. Me actually pissed off is a whole different ball-game.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos