Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:06 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 27 Years Old
Just because both Romney and Bush suck ass doesn't mean they're identical. Telling an undecided to not worry about the nuances is still an uninformed opinion.

Again, when Romney laid out his plan at the convention, it was identical to George Bush's.

No, they aren't the same person, and yes there's more to it than that. I'm talking about when you pare things down to their basest form for people who won't be looking this up, whether they're too busy, apathetic, lazy, what have you. They aren't going to make an informed decision but the simplest way it can be summarized is that it's a choice between the last four years or the eight before that.
11:02 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Male - 27 Years Old

Guess Romney supporters like Slurpees?

Romney fans love slurpees /speaking from experience.
11:38 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
If you truly and genuinely have no concept of what either candidate stands for, you probably shouldn't be voting at all. I get that people are busy. But it really is as simple as "should we stay on the track of the last four years, or should we go back and try George Bush's policies again?"

What about those of us voting third party?
12:06 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 23 Years Old
THIS
12:45 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 29 Years Old
Saw Louie CK live tonight; sooo good.
01:26 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
tkamB
Finals MVP
New Orleans
Male - 24 Years Old
I don't really see why you would ever vote for a third-party candidate in a presidential election. I mean I'm sure you've heard it all before but even disregarding policy for a minute, if you can honestly say that you don't have a preference over which candidate would do the appointing of Supreme Court judges, the head of the EPA, head of the DEA, etc then I guess all power to you but I really doubt that is the case.
02:08 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
This thread went from the only rational, desirable place to post on this site to teeming with assholes in like 2 days.
02:44 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
Gladstone, MO
Male - 27 Years Old

I was talking about undecided voters. Some will probably go the "none of the above" route but most are going to try to find a reason to vote for either Obama or Romney.
02:52 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
Gladstone, MO
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't really see why you would ever vote for a third-party candidate in a presidential election. I mean I'm sure you've heard it all before but even disregarding policy for a minute, if you can honestly say that you don't have a preference over which candidate would do the appointing of Supreme Court judges, the head of the EPA, head of the DEA, etc then I guess all power to you but I really doubt that is the case.

Voting for a third party candidate doesn't mean you don't have a preference when it comes to the major party candidates.

I would assume it means that preference isn't large enough to risk giving one of them the election, but voting third-party doesn't mean you just couldn't decide between the major parties.
03:47 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Wales
Male - 24 Years Old
This thread went from the only rational, desirable place to post on this site to teeming with assholes in like 2 days.

Yeah, this thread's taken a little turn for the worse recently.

I can't believe people are saying that if you haven't decided who you're voting for, you're lazy and you're stupid. I guess the 'catty arrogance' part of this thread is active.
04:24 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Rob McWilliams
i'm just bad bad bad for you
Male - 19 Years Old
I guess this was a bad time to start following this thread?
05:45 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
Romney fans love slurpees /speaking from experience.

Oh you.
05:46 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old

Election season man. It's a bitch.
06:23 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male

The reason I'm voting third party is because I'm not disregarding policy. I like neither candidate enough to vote for them, and I want to show support for policies I do like.

The Supreme Court appointment is a good point, there are a lot of important cases coming up. There are a number of checks with agencies so those appointments are not as big of a deal as some people make it. But its not like I haven't thought of and weighed these things. I just find it important to cast a vote for a candidate with policies I want to see supported.
07:15 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Princeton, NJ
Male - 25 Years Old

Could it be that bird man is what was holding us all together? A common enemy that unites us all watchmen style?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos