This Thread is Closed.

01:31 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 30 Years Old
How did you not know this?
I don't know. I never thought he was worth my consideration.
02:16 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Rob McWilliams
i'm just bad bad bad for you
Male - 18 Years Old
It may technically be legal since the executive branch has the power to enforce or not enforce the law, I'm not sure here since there are some serious constitutional issues, but I find this to be disgusting either way.

This, and your avatar is fucking incredible. That episode scared the shit out of me the first time I watched it.
03:21 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
How did you not know this?

Oh. And on an unrelated note, look at my congressman:

"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And itís lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

"You see, there are a lot of scientific data that Iíve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I donít believe that the Earthís but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. Thatís what the Bible says."

"What Iíve come to learn is that [the Bible is] the manufacturerís handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually, how to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And thatís the reason as your congressman I hold the holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and Iíll continue to do that."

And he is on the committee for Science.

And according to Georgia secretary of state website, no one is running against him.

:(

This is why people disparage the South. I'm not saying it's fair, but cot damn.
03:53 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
I love airplay.
04:18 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
People consternate over a lot of things. You can dumb the election process down to it being akin to picking a car or a house, but the effects of choosing a President are not necessarily that tangible or clear. It's easy enough to predict that a home will provide you shelter, and it's easy enough to predict that a car will get you from point A to point B. What you will get in return for your vote is not so obvious. You don't get to attend an open house or test drive the implications of picking a President, you're relying on a large degree of hope in them. The choice for President is also a decision you've been confronted with, it's not something you've willingly chosen to undertake like the purchase of a house or car. What we have right now is a shitty economy. Some people have very specific concerns affecting their lives, and those concerns in life translate into concerns over policies. Unfortunately we don't have a debate in this country that deals in specifics, that delves into the minutia, so if you are going into this election with a narrow concern, it's probably not being addressed, at least not to an extent that would satisfy you. You feel like you're stuck having to pick between the status quo, which hasn't been very good for you, or making the change to a candidate who is effectively a Mystery Box allergic to details. We can make broad, overarching political points in here -- that's what 80% of this thread is -- but it is out of line to be personally insulting anyone in here, nevermind someone's family member, on the basis of those political generalizations, particularly when the truth is you're as uninformed about their circumstances as you believe they are about the issues.
Your sister is ugly. Come at me...
04:31 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
neo506
thy foes profanely rage
Greensboro, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
New Yorker cover

04:50 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old

Brilliant.
05:01 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Nevuk
Post-Structural Anarchist
Cincinnati OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Anyone watching the stewart oreilly debate? I want to but their site is down.
05:11 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 27 Years Old
Arkansas State Representative Jon Hubbard has all kinds of wonderful things to say about black people, including:

Quote:
the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise.

and

Quote:
one of the stated purposes of school integration was to bring black students up to a level close to that of white students. But, to the great disappointment of everyone, the results of this theory worked exactly in reverse of its intended purpose, and instead of black students rising to the educational levels previously attained by white students, the white students dropped to the level of black students.

And who could forget the instant classic,

Quote:
the immigration issue, both legal and illegal… will lead to planned wars or extermination. Although now this seems to be barbaric and uncivilized, it will at some point become as necessary as eating and breathing.
05:12 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
SunnyInPhilly
#HartnellDown
Lancaster, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Anyone watching the stewart oreilly debate? I want to but their site is down.

Tried to about 15 minutes ago and have been trying to since but it's still not working. Kinda disappointed.
05:19 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Alou
Shenanigans.
Dacula, GA
Male - 24 Years Old

Really good cover. lol.
05:46 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
@GregMitch: Jon Stewart taking this serious and destroying Bill-O.
05:51 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
@hardknoxfirst: RT @StormyRuru: "They can't keep privatizing their profits and socializing their losses" - Jon Stewart #rumble2012

Zinger
05:59 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
Why am I not watching this?

Stewart: The same people who won't pay for jobs for veterans had no problem paying to make them veterans.
06:16 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 28 Years Old
@JamesPMorrison: Stewart: "Why is it that the government can handle running the military but not health care?" O'Reilly: "Because it's tradition."

Lololol

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version