Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:23 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
Using Apple Maps so we'll never really be able to find anyone!
Haha. Or "MormonMaps.com"
10:24 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
wish I wasn't at work.
10:24 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
Male - 17 Years Old
Eric Holder really, really needs to go.

This.
10:25 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
I may not vote either. I think I'm becoming like you in some aspects.
You don''t see the ability to implement legitimate change in the given institutions?
10:28 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
No more gold lights
Male - 28 Years Old
You don''t see the ability to implement legitimate change in the given institutions?

Yes. Funny enough I've actually been questioning the concept of a democracy lately, at least in the way most understand it. In a lot of ways it looks like tyranny to me.
10:30 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Yes. Funny enough I've actually been questioning the concept of a democracy lately, at least in the way most understand it. In a lot of ways it looks like tyranny to me.

Holy shit! Hahaha this is awesome.
10:30 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
No more gold lights
Male - 28 Years Old
Holy shit! Hahaha this is awesome.

It sounds a lot more radical than it actually is.
10:32 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
It sounds a lot more radical than it actually is.

Either way. It makes me smile.
10:33 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
How do you understand it and what are your ideas as an alternative?
10:34 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest, but:

Obama issued blanket immunity to everyone and anyone who authorized, destroyed evidence of, or committed torture shielding them not only from prosecutions, but from investigation. Even though the executive branch has no legal right to decide which laws are enforced or which crimes investigated, this has been the practice under Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder (as it was under Bush). Former detainees who have been released as innocent, and who have been victims of torture, have been barred by the administration from suing the Government.

I don't even know why I'm doing this.

It may technically be legal since the executive branch has the power to enforce or not enforce the law, I'm not sure here since there are some serious constitutional issues, but I find this to be disgusting either way.
10:54 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Well, that's dumb of you. Of course there has to be some good reason to vote republican. You're ignorant if you think there isn't.

I actually think it's a bit ignorant of you to say anyone is uninformed if they're voting repub. That's not true and you know it. Just because they don't share your views, doesn't mean they're less of an ideal citizen than you. That viewpoint actually sort of sounds very tea-partyish republican to me, now that I think about it...
Name one?

Didn't say anyone had to share my views, that's a complete mischaracterization -- it's the view they commonly share (that whole civil rights thing, for one) that makes them less than an ideal citizen to me.
10:58 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Nevuk
Post-Structural Anarchist
Cincinnati OH
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't know if it was even the greek philosophers who first said it this way, but "tyranny of the majority" is certainly an old phrase. It's a large part of why the US was never set up to be a real one in the first place (Polity or oligarchy instead).

Congratulations on making it to the anti-democratic side of the isle.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that voting would violate my principles.

If Ohio is polling exactly at the point where one vote might swing it I would vote Obama... but otherwise I won't. If Romney got into office because I didn't vote I would feel slightly responsible. The odds of that happening are incredibly low. There's not really even any point to me trying to convince people I know about the issues with a Romney presidency. Everyone of my friends and family in Ohio are voting Obama anyways but I'm the only anarchist (I have some anarchist friends in KY but that's hardly a swing state).

But anyways, as Emma Goldman said "if voting changed anything it would be illegal". Or maybe that's a paraphrase.
11:02 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't know if it was even the greek philosophers who first said it this way, but "tyranny of the majority" is certainly an old phrase. It's a large part of why the US was never set up to be a real one in the first place (Polity or oligarchy instead).

Congratulations on making it to the anti-democratic side of the isle.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that voting would violate my principles.

If Ohio is polling exactly at the point where one vote might swing it I would vote Obama... but otherwise I won't. If Romney got into office because I didn't vote I would feel slightly responsible. The odds of that happening are incredibly low. There's not really even any point to me trying to convince people I know about the issues with a Romney presidency. Everyone of my friends and family in Ohio are voting Obama anyways but I'm the only anarchist (I have some anarchist friends in KY but that's hardly a swing state).

But anyways, as Emma Goldman said "if voting changed anything it would be illegal". Or maybe that's a paraphrase.
Always liked: "Democracy is like three wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner."
11:29 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old

Birdman nooooooooo
11:54 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Alou
Shenanigans.
Dacula, GA
Male - 23 Years Old
Just learned that Romney's first name is "Willard", not "Mitt". Don't know which is worse.

How did you not know this?

Oh. And on an unrelated note, look at my congressman:

"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

"You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says."

"What I’ve come to learn is that [the Bible is] the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually, how to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason as your congressman I hold the holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that."

And he is on the committee for Science.

And according to Georgia secretary of state website, no one is running against him.

:(

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version