AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Living With Lions Vocalist Update

Posted by - 05:32 PM on 08/30/12
Living With Lions will continue on as a four piece and Chase Brenneman will be the band's new vocalist.
From ChaseOver the last few months there's been a lot of people asking us, who is going to be singing for the band as we move forward? We figured it was time to answer the question, for those of you who are interested. I'm going to draw up a bit of a back story, so for anyone who doesn't care and just wants to know who it's going to be, skip to the end.

When Stu told us he was leaving the band, back in february, Loren, Landon and myself had to sit down and have a talk about the future of living with lions. The three of us have been playing, writing and traveling together for the better part of 5 years now (and for the most part, whether he's been living, traveling or playing with us, so has bill). There wasn't a hint of hesitation in anyones response, we wanted to continue. Obviously going through 2 singers isn't easy, or ideal, for any band.. (it's kind of ridiculous actually) but one way or another we were going to make it work, I knew that much.. Even before we had the conversation.

At the risk of sounding cheesy, after playing in Lions with these guys for so long (bill included), it kind of becomes a part of who you are, a part of your identity. I know that's something none of us were willing to give up. This band has been and will continue to be a massive part of our lives and there's still so much more we want to do with it.

We invited Matt back for warped and some Canadian dates during the summer. It was nice to have our good friend out on the road again, and I know he enjoyed reliving the band life for a bit. That was just a temporary solution though (and a cool way to do some final shows with Matt).

Picking a new singer, a new person to bring into the fold, someone that may or may not pan out in the long hall seemed very unappealing to us almost right away. Trust me it was all we thought about for the better part of the year. We kept on drawing the same conclusion, none of us really wanted to bring anyone else in.

So.. we've decided to continue on as a four piece with myself taking over lead vocal duties. I guess it's that simple. Its's been a surprisingly easy prosess and I'm excited to get a chance to sing the lyrics I've written over the years.

When it came down to it: the 4 of us love writing and touring together, why fuck with something we enjoy so much. At the moment we're busy working away, writing a new record, and I'm sure we'll be sharing some new songs with you guys sooner rather than later.

I really dragged that out, but hopefully this answers the question. take care for now, hopefully we'll see you guys soon.

-Chase

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
05:58 PM on 08/30/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Might be cool?
05:59 PM on 08/30/12
Jonodeath
The Swellers / Jonathan
User Info.
Amazing, hard working dudes. Life seems to fart on their face too often so I think this lineup will be a nice breath of fresh air. Fresh without poop in it.
06:02 PM on 08/30/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
I guess they saw the comments on their tour article? Why didn't Matt stick around permanently and why did he leave in the first place? Is the "new" singer the guy who does backup vocals? Because that voice is awesome. Lastly, this band is underrated as shit and I hope the next album is more like Make Your Mark, with the fun songs rather than the more serious ones in Holy Shit. Come to GA
06:10 PM on 08/30/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Im glad Matt didnt stay, the one show i saw with him the guy could not of been more douche like on stage. Stu on the other hand was a class act when i talked to him in Spokane on the CBK tour and he was the better fit/look for the band. Listened to Holy Shit today and its without question the best record of theirs. Guessing Chase is the dude who's background vocals you hear on Holy Shit?
06:12 PM on 08/30/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Great news, i loved the backup singer on Holy Shit and always thought he didn't sing enough.
06:12 PM on 08/30/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Yeah, Chase did the backup vocals and he should be a good fit. I saw him sing an entire LWL set back in 2008 because Matt was sick or something.
06:17 PM on 08/30/12
SkyGrowsBigger
User Info.
Chase is the backup singer, yeah. He's done backup vocals on all their albums. Not sure how I feel about this. Chase has a great voice but LWL has always had a very low, gravelly (sp?) lead vocalist and Chase has a much higher tone
06:33 PM on 08/30/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I wonder if getting further with another singer seems like it'll take forever.
06:38 PM on 08/30/12
xeightoh3xx
Solidkleenex
User Info.
Is that Daggermouth song about this guy?
06:50 PM on 08/30/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Never seen these guys live, which voice is Chase's in their songs?
06:53 PM on 08/30/12
brandon_260
User Info.
I'm assuming he is the more nasally vocals on their records? Interested to see how they sound with him fronting. Pretty different voice.
07:00 PM on 08/30/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Is that Daggermouth song about this guy?

Not the lyrics, but the title is definitely in reference to him. Kenny was my first interview ever and he told me Chase said that in his sleep when Nick accidentally stepped on him.

Never seen these guys live, which voice is Chase's in their songs?

There's lots of examples, "Regret Song" is the first that comes to mind. It kicks in around 1:11.
07:08 PM on 08/30/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Not the lyrics, but the title is definitely in reference to him. Kenny was my first interview ever and he told me Chase said that in his sleep when Nick accidentally stepped on him.

There's lots of examples, "Regret Song" is the first that comes to mind. It kicks in around 1:11.
Ah okay. That's who I was thinking it was. Wasn't totally sure since I think the other guitar player sings a little too.

Looking forward to new stuff from them.
07:28 PM on 08/30/12
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
User Info.
I was iffy going into their last album, but ended up loving it. Most definitely going to check out whatever they put out. I'm confident that their minds will put together a good record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos