AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Favorite Gentlemen Tour: Last Night + Tour Photog

Posted by - 02:23 PM on 08/31/12
Tonight is the final stop of the first ever Favorite Gentlemen Tour in Macon, GA. featuring All Get Out, Harrison Hudson, Death on Two Wheels, Junior Astronomers. Photographer Laura Meek has been with the tour for most of the run, and today we bring you some photos from here adventure. Below you can read some thoughts from Meek.
From Laura Meek“Dig a short leg of the FG Tour with us????” Trae Vedder (Do2W) needed no other words, and I was game. We talked it over in July, and over the next few weeks leading up to the tour, I worked on collecting film of all kinds to add to the camera bag. Film photography is quite a substantial part of my work. I’ve always loved the tones created by the medium and eventually learned to realize how much I love its translation of light during a live show. There is a certain magical element to film photography…it makes practically anything seem timeless, and I like that. When I was asked to join in on the tour, I knew about five seconds into that conversation that I was going to bring along my old faithful 35mm.

I have grown to absolutely love the Favorite Gentlemen label over the past few years—not just for the music, however, but especially for the people who make up the entire thing. Don’t get me wrong though, the music is great too. Listen to them sometime; you’ll thank me later. It’s really something to be part of this purely excellent community, totally loaded with talent. I definitely consider them to be family. Alright, now that the lovey gushy touchy feely bit has been addressed… I know, get to the good stuff, right?

To continue, this tour was phenomenal. I was traveling with the guys from Nashville on through the Charlotte show. It was a glorious road trip with some of the greatest people I know, seeing incredible scenery, architecture, record shops, and of course, your most beloved and exotic truck stops. We packed that tour in well and never wasted any time during those nine days. Definitely up there on the highlight list was making a stop at the Pittsburgh Galleria with the Junior Astronomers for a showing of Paranorman. Like I said, we packed that tour in tight. I had a time and a half photographing the shows and all the rest of the events… and may I add: a rooftop session in New York? As Greg Neel (Do2W) would say, “Yes, PLEASE.” And you can’t go wrong driving through the mountains in Virginia, jamming to some Jethro Tull in the Death Wagon… that is, until you realize the traffic ahead of you is about to stand still for two hours while a blazing 18-wheeler gets extinguished. That hardly put a damper on our day though. It’s hard to keep these folk from having a good time.

From Daytrotter in Nashville to a Brooklyn sunset, to seeing some of my all time favorite bands play every single night, to seeing Dan Gleason crowd surf during a packed out hometown show for the Junior Astronomers in Charlotte, I’d say this tour helped to create some of my fondest memories to this day. And this barely lights a candle to the entire tour, but you can sort of get an idea as to what some of my highlights were.

As far as the other shots are concerned, I’m about halfway through processing the film from the tour, so stay tuned and keep checking my website for the photos as they make their way through the darkroom!

Much Love
x Laura Meek

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
02:24 PM on 08/31/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
All photos courtesy of Laura Meek // Instagram: itslaurameek // Twitter // Site

04:07 PM on 08/31/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Great shots
07:11 PM on 08/31/12
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
She's a friend of a friend of mine, these are some great shots.
07:19 PM on 08/31/12
mattdefillippo
Here's your punk rock back
User Info.
wow
11:02 PM on 08/31/12
hands_of_stone
User Info.
stunning.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates