Username
Password

06:02 AM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
ToMyBetterAngel
RIP Northstar
Tempe, AZ
Male - 26 Years Old
Has anyone else played this wonderful obscure little game? I downloaded it last night and just finished it. Short little 5 hour "RPG", with no combat and the graphics look like an old Final Fantasy or Pokemon or something.

That said, this game has the most beautiful story and soundtrack. I haven't played anything else like it before.

For those who haven't played it, here's a brief plot description: In the future, there's a technology that lets you change a persons memories. Because of the havoc this causes with a persons mind in the long term, it is only used on elderly people on their deathbeds to grant any unfulfilled desires they have. You control two quirky employees of the company that makes this technology. They are assigned a patient who had always wanted to go to the moon. You travel backwards through his memories to try to grant this wish.

The dialogue is frequently laugh out loud funny (though it is all in text), and the story is very touching, especially towards the end. I actually shed a few tears in my playthrough, and was close to outright crying at the end. And again, the soundtrack is absolutely stunning.

Basically if anyone is looking for a change of pace from the standard game, I definitely recommend this. And if anyone here has played it I'd love to know what you thought of it.

Just want to add a little disclaimer as well. This game is very story oriented, and many people probably wouldn't even categorize it as a traditional "game", maybe more of an interactive story.
10:24 AM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
Pembroke Pines, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
This looks beautiful. What platform is it?
11:00 AM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
Looks like a Snes game. Me rikey.
01:44 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
This looks real cool
02:37 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
ToMyBetterAngel
RIP Northstar
Tempe, AZ
Male - 26 Years Old
This looks beautiful. What platform is it?

It's for the PC.

http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/
03:39 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Has anyone else played this wonderful obscure little game? I downloaded it last night and just finished it. Short little 5 hour "RPG", with no combat and the graphics look like an old Final Fantasy or Pokemon or something.

That said, this game has the most beautiful story and soundtrack. I haven't played anything else like it before.

For those who haven't played it, here's a brief plot description: In the future, there's a technology that lets you change a persons memories. Because of the havoc this causes with a persons mind in the long term, it is only used on elderly people on their deathbeds to grant any unfulfilled desires they have. You control two quirky employees of the company that makes this technology. They are assigned a patient who had always wanted to go to the moon. You travel backwards through his memories to try to grant this wish.

The dialogue is frequently laugh out loud funny (though it is all in text), and the story is very touching, especially towards the end. I actually shed a few tears in my playthrough, and was close to outright crying at the end. And again, the soundtrack is absolutely stunning.

Basically if anyone is looking for a change of pace from the standard game, I definitely recommend this. And if anyone here has played it I'd love to know what you thought of it.

Just want to add a little disclaimer as well. This game is very story oriented, and many people probably wouldn't even categorize it as a traditional "game", maybe more of an interactive story.

This looks incredible, right up my alley. Any chance of this coming to Xbox Arcade? I don't have nor want a PC so just about any other medium would do.
04:11 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
markhimself46
11:11
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Wow. This looks damn good. Definitely going to check it out.; hoping it comes out on the PSN or Xbox Marketplace. Thanks for the post!
04:14 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
Looks awesome. It would probably get me emotional too.
12:50 PM on 09/03/12 
User Info.
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
Lakeland, FL
Female - 21 Years Old
Thanks for posting this. I'll keep a look out on the marketplace for this.
10:19 AM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
stereokiller
Nintendo FC: 0962 9717 4432
Male - 23 Years Old
Read about though I haven't checked it out yet. But I plan to.

I love indie games.
01:36 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
wakeupgomer
Just here for the drinks.
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 31 Years Old
I was never a huge gamer and honestly have little discretionary time to play anything super involved. But the title of this thread grabbed me because To the Moon was a drinking game we played in college. I'm honestly glad I checked it out... I'm intrigued by the premise of this game. I just wish I could play it on my tablet!
09:27 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
Any word on a mac version?
08:11 AM on 09/07/12 
User Info.
Clintoto
thefifties.bandcamp.com
Mono, ON
Male - 29 Years Old
This game is amazing. Indie devs certainly have the heart that the big boys used to have in the 2-d days.
09:27 AM on 09/07/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Great game. I'm man enough to admit it made me cry like a baby.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos