AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Contest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Contest: The Vaccines "Come of Age" Giveaway

Posted by - 12:04 PM on 09/04/12
Our friends in The Vaccines have a new album Come of Age releasing on October 2nd (out today in the UK). In the weeks leading up to the U.S. release date, we will be giving a signed copy of the new album, with a big prize pack being the ultimate prize the week of release. So let's get to it. We'll be asking one question a week and whomever gives us the answer we like best will walk away with a signed copy of Come of Age. You can also pre-order the album here. Check the replies for this week's question and make sure to come back here next week for another opportunity to win.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68
12:05 PM on 09/04/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Week 1 QuestionWhat is the first album you ever bought (Bonus Points: what format)? Best answer wins a signed “Come of Age” CD.
12:10 PM on 09/04/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
I am trying to remember exactly but I believe the first album I bought on my own was Green Day's Dookie on CD. The first album I ever remember owning was the soundtrack to Wayne's World which was on Cassette. The first CD I ever had was the soundtrack to Aladdin (before anyone judges, I was like 10).
12:12 PM on 09/04/12
mrnubnub
User Info.
Green Day American Idiot on CD London Calling on vinyl
12:16 PM on 09/04/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Maybe the Power Rangers movie soundtrack on CD. That shit was a jam back in the day. Could have been the Clueless soundtrack too, also on CD. If that doesn't count though, it possibly could have been the Spice Girls...
12:20 PM on 09/04/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
The first album I ever bought with my own money was probably Costello Music by The Fratellis on CD. Still one of my top ten favorites to this day.
12:37 PM on 09/04/12
liar23
Yo
User Info.
Gorillaz-Demon Days on CD. I still have it. Scratched with the case broken but it still works. Only reason I bought it was because I liked their music videos (I was like 11 back then.)
01:10 PM on 09/04/12
FortheLP
User Info.
The offspring--Smash on CD
01:12 PM on 09/04/12
lenfantvon
User Info.
I'm pretty sure the first CD I ever bought myself was a used copy of She Wants Revenge's self-titled album and I remember thinking it was corrupted because it had 66 songs on it. I only discovered the hidden track years later when I read about it on Wikipedia. Was a good pick!
01:13 PM on 09/04/12
Michael_Kenny1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles on Vinyl
01:16 PM on 09/04/12
Jodi-Kaos
TaVon Jackson
User Info.
The first album I can recall owning was 30 Seconds To Mars' debut album, but the first album I remember buying with my own money was New Found Glory's CD, Sticks and Stones, in 2002. I remember so vividly when I was 11, waking up one night and their music video for "My Friends Over You" was playing on MTV. For some reason I was so amazed by it. It was the first time I had ever heard them and instantly became hooked. I stayed up for the rest of the night watching music videos from bands like Sum 41, Simple Plan, 311, Sugar Ray, Green Day, Foo Fighters, RHCP, AFI, and Blink, amazed at how different the music was from everything I had ever really heard in my household growing up. I'd like to think that night was when I got into the Rock genre much more than I already was (being a little black girl from the hood, Rock wasn't in the least bit usual or normal to most) and haven't turned back since.

It came out in April 2002 and I bought it for my birthday in May. I drove my mom crazy with how much I listened to it along with a few other albums. She thought it was just a bunch of noise. I lost it about two years later when we were moving to Houston. It'll always one of the best albums ever to me.

.... I probably didn't have to make this so long. :|
01:20 PM on 09/04/12
coleye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't laugh but I'm pretty sure it was a Moulin rouge tape that i bought second hand when I was 10. Looking back I wonder what on earth my parents were thinking I listened to it on loop until it broke on my high fi that took up half my room ( also worth noting that it could actually make the windows in the house move ). Oh and I still haven't seen the movie...
01:24 PM on 09/04/12
dbsontheseyler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Funeral by Arcade Fire or original Rumours vinyl by Fleetwood Mac. Truth is when I was like 6 I listened to some stupid pop radio crap.
01:27 PM on 09/04/12
ckerekes34
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ermm, I think the first one I owned was Backstreet Boys: Millenium. It was a CD. I would literally watch all their videos on MTV (when they were on) and show all my Pre-K classmates my new, hip dance moves. Then I came home and practiced to the album.

I was a REALLY bad dancer. Even at 4 I was the worst dancer ever. It wasn't even cute.
01:30 PM on 09/04/12
londowah
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I didn't start listening to music until I was about 13 years old - Youtube was the thing and my friend linked me some Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff. I was instantly hooked and wanted to hear more. It was 2006 and they had just released their double album, "Stadium Arcadium", and singles like "Dani California" and "Tell Me Baby" were on constant loop on radio stations.

I got a pocket money of 2€ a week - that's some 3 bucks I think - and it took me weeks to save enough money to buy the album, but in the end not buying any sweets was totally worth it. I loved the whole album. Every song. Since then I've bought all their albums and EP:s I've gotten my hands on to, and I saw them live this August and The Vaccines was their supporting act. That night was magical.

Before that I had gotten CD:s from artists like Spice Girls etc. but RHCP really got me into the rock genre, but nothing has really topped that crazy boombadumbaa they have going on. I doubt nothing ever will.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos