Username
Password

08:16 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
tkamB
Nobody has it better than us
Bay Area, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
Happy to see these threads again, go 49ers!
08:20 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
9:52 remaining in the 1st quarter.

I know it seems late but I got a feeling!
hahaha
09:13 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
cococrisp20
3Hunna
Packers 35 49ers 17

49ers success last year was a fluke, Seattle wins the NFC West, Green Bay wins superbowl. Bold predictions, I know.
09:14 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
cococrisp20
3Hunna
Happy to see these threads again, go 49ers!

you're in trouble week 1, pal.
09:29 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
God help the Dolphins.
Not happening with Tebow in their division.

Jaguarssss! All aboard the Blaine Train!
Guaranteed to overshoot your destination!
07:00 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
subbin
07:48 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
Gainesville, FL
Female - 20 Years Old
Guaranteed to overshoot your destination!

Ha you're funny, but did you even watch Blaine Gabbert in the preseason? He has become so much better than last year, and he is more confident about staying in the pocket and making throws. Plus, his receivers are a considerable upgrade from last season.
08:14 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
tacosforcharles
it all ends
Appleton, WI
Male - 23 Years Old
Looking forward to tonight's game. Don't give a shit about either team, just nice to have football back.
08:22 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Ha you're funny, but did you even watch Blaine Gabbert in the preseason? He has become so much better than last year, and he is more confident about staying in the pocket and making throws. Plus, his receivers are a considerable upgrade from last season.
Just messin with you. He's looked much better. Their passing game will be better, but not necessarily anything great.
09:05 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Pound for Pound.
Put $100 on Dallas. So let's go Dallas.
09:15 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Packers 35 49ers 17

49ers success last year was a fluke, Seattle wins the NFC West, Green Bay wins superbowl. Bold predictions, I know.

14 games without a red zone TD seems pretty consistent for a fluke
09:18 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
im calling serious gloating rights when Blaine Gabbert passes for over 3,500 yards this season. yeah i said it, and this post will be mocked. sick of the Jags being the team everyone thinks is a joke.
09:22 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
im calling serious gloating rights when Blaine Gabbert passes for over 3,500 yards this season. yeah i said it, and this post will be mocked. sick of the Jags being the team everyone thinks is a joke.
You're more than welcome to gloat if that happens, but, I'd be celebrating Blackmon more than Gabbert if that happens.

You're also relying on MJD to be healthy and take pressure off Gabbert, and history shows that hes gonna miss at least 4 games this season
09:28 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
You're more than welcome to gloat if that happens, but, I'd be celebrating Blackmon more than Gabbert if that happens.

i think this is a very backward way of looking at it. i would say that last year, other than Gabbert's prior inability to stand firmly in the pocket when blitzed (which, preseason or not, serious improvements here are apparent), the biggest cause for his lack of success is receivers that were flat out undependable. how do you throw to anyone if nobody can read soft spots in zones and get open, and nobody can compete for the ball in the air? the only person who was even capable of such things was Marcedes Lewis and i don't know what the fuck happened but he forgot how to catch the ball last year. Blackmon may be filling that empty role but it's not so much compensating for a weakness of Gabbert, as it is becoming a resource on the team that allows Gabbert to finally use skills he's always had.

Quote:
You're also relying on MJD to be healthy and take pressure off Gabbert, and history shows that hes gonna miss at least 4 games this season

you're right that MJD's return plays a huge factor in my confidence in Gabbert, but what do you mean by the bolded? im pretty sure MJD hasn't missed a single game since he became the starter in Jacksonville, his durability is probably his greatest asset.
09:33 AM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
you're right that MJD's return plays a huge factor in my confidence in Gabbert, but what do you mean by the bolded? im pretty sure MJD hasn't missed a single game since he became the starter in Jacksonville, his durability is probably his greatest asset.
Because every running back that has held out in the past gets hurt at least once early in the year; honestly, that's true of most positions. Take Chris Johnson last year, who had been extremely durable, and suddenly, boom, injured most of the first half and ineffective. Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson did the same thing in the few years prior, missing multiple games and having a big drop off

Missing training camp is usually a dagger for a player for the first half of the year; its not until they get caught up in conditioning and hitting that they bounce back

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos