Username
Password

07:37 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm looking into options for short run CD duplication for my band, and Mediaxpress seems to have really good prices for what we want to do. Has anyone else used this site for anything? Are they actually any good, or are the lower prices an indicator of subpar quality?
01:51 PM on 09/07/12 
User Info.
punknecks
No Avatar Selected
nashville tn
Male
cdbaby.com or discmakers.com
05:58 PM on 09/08/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
cdbaby.com or discmakers.com

I'm well aware of those, and I know that they're good. But if I could get a product of similar quality for a much cheaper price, I'd like to take advantage of that.
06:02 PM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
CDMaker
No Avatar Selected
Austin, TX
Female
If you aren't completely certain, Here are some questions I'd ask - will they tell you what brand of media they are using on duplication?

If its anything other than JVC (Taiyo Yuden) or Falcon - its not top of the line

And see if they will tell you what duplication speed is standard - don't suggest what speed you want, ask them what they use routinely.
We set it for 16X - but most places typically set it at 32X and some even at 64X. We've done tests and pretty much even non-audiophiles can hear a difference between disc duped 16X vs 32K when compared to the master.

The price savings may be because they have cut corners in terms of media and may be just moving things through quickly.

Good luck. Remember, ultimately its not about how little you pay for your CDs, it matters how well those CDs represent you.
06:55 PM on 01/13/14 
User Info.
info
No Avatar Selected
yes i have used MediaXpress and MediaXpress is the worst company ever. do not use them. they overcharged me and did an awful job on my CDs. Check out Yelp for more reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mediaxpress-minneapolis

Do Not Do Business With Them
01:15 PM on 01/27/14 
User Info.
EndeavourKY
King of Armadillo
No Avatar Selected
Nope. gonna google it now though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives