AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Socratic News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Contest: Socratic (The Album) Vinyl

Posted by - 01:52 PM on 09/05/12
Socratic's self-titled album is now available on vinyl from Broken Heart Records. Want to win a free copy? Just like Broken Heart Records' Facebook page and write a post on their wall saying "AbsolutePunk.net sent me here." One fan will be chosen at random to win. You can pick up the album, along with Lunch for the Sky, here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
02:01 PM on 09/05/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Made a post! I honestly only heard of this band this year for some reason. Just when I think I have found so much great music I find myself missing out on something. I just wish I would of gotten into them sooner but I also wished I cared more about music when I was younger. Either way its cool to enter a contest but I am just glad I checked them out. I think the Lunch For The Sky being repressed is when I started checking them out but I think I had 1 song by them on my ipod already from a while back but did not notice.
02:21 PM on 09/05/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Made a post! I honestly only heard of this band this year for some reason. Just when I think I have found so much great music I find myself missing out on something. I just wish I would of gotten into them sooner but I also wished I cared more about music when I was younger. Either way its cool to enter a contest but I am just glad I checked them out. I think the Lunch For The Sky being repressed is when I started checking them out but I think I had 1 song by them on my ipod already from a while back but did not notice.
I feel the same way. Finding this site and doing college radio in particular have opened me up to crazy amounts of new music lately. I feel like there isn't time for all of the new stuff and catching up on what I missed back in the day. So glad I found out about these guys.
02:24 PM on 09/05/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I feel the same way. Finding this site and doing college radio in particular have opened me up to crazy amounts of new music lately. I feel like there isn't time for all of the new stuff and catching up on what I missed back in the day. So glad I found out about these guys.
I am even getting into bands that influenced bands I loved and bands I have not heard in forever. Been in a huge Everclear mood today
03:09 PM on 09/05/12
L-dawg
BHR Records
User Info.
Thanks to everyone entering. This is a great album and it needs more attention
03:11 PM on 09/05/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I am even getting into bands that influenced bands I loved and bands I have not heard in forever. Been in a huge Everclear mood today
Yeah, I've been doing that a little as well. I'm also trying to catch up on the world of 90s and 00s pop punk that I somehow missed out on.

Thanks to everyone entering. This is a great album and it needs more attention
Thank you for having the contest!
03:32 PM on 09/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Who runs this label and is the first release
03:41 PM on 09/05/12
j1887m
J1887M
User Info.
Been a fan since Spread the Rumors. I remember hearing them for the first time on the Himynameismark podcast
04:17 PM on 09/05/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, I've been doing that a little as well. I'm also trying to catch up on the world of 90s and 00s pop punk that I somehow missed out on.

I have listened to so much pop punk recently that I am taking a break from it. Finding a lot of alt rock to hit the spot. Also Brand New is hitting a spot right now. Luckily my copy of Pheonix by The Classic Crime came in today and I went to the store to get the new Minus The Bear album and the Imagine Dragons debut. A good mix of late 80s and 90s with some new releases is really doing the trick.
04:33 PM on 09/05/12
L-dawg
BHR Records
User Info.
Who runs this label and is the first release
I do and yes this and lunch for the sky were our first two releases
05:12 PM on 09/05/12
iiiii623498
User Info.
I entered! I just bought my first record player a couple months ago, and I'll never look back. fingers crossed

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos