|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
One Leg Mary
1. How did you get your band name?
The guitarist-vocalist came up with it one night and everyone said OK, not giving a shit. From that time until now, several times weíve considered changing it, but never actually did, so I guess nobody gives or will give a shit for real about it again.
2. How did this band get started?
In the summer of 2007, the two guitarists (Spyros and Marios) where working on some original songs and started searching for a bassist(Kostas) and a drummer (Adonis) and that was it. Great dudes.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Weíre infuenced by the math-rock scene from the 80ís to todayís modern bands and everything from the post-punk and indie movement. Also many metal bands. Slint, Bastro, Codeine, The For Carnation, Don Caballero, Isis, Meshugga, etc.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Nirvana, for their innovation and indie attidute. Slint, for their wonderful soundscape. At the Drive-In, for their absolutely impossible energy on the live act.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They shouldnít. Weíre really not proud of ourselves. But itís okay if they do cause we put a real effort into it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I donít know, I am a smoker and only eat fries and eggs.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would never care to win one of those.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We think the most memorable one was the Nirvana story and the fact that the popularity along with the media and the television brain washing system turned the whole band into a product and the fans werenít actually into the real essence of their music. That we would like to change.
10. Memorable tour experience?
The tour at Thessaloniki with Claustro.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We think itís a great opportunity for us to show our music to those who might be interested.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We canít choose one over another. But maybe CHUGA.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Havenít really thought about that.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Only fights and alcohol.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am homosexual.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We donít have anything to do with todayís radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Films, hanging out with friends,books and mostly video games.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author