Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37
08:14 PM on 09/10/12
EatShit182
Misanthrope
User Info.
Sick Album!! Solid Punk Rock through and through - You don't have to break ground to make something people will love!
08:39 PM on 09/10/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
This band has been around longer than you've been alive so they must be doing something right. :).

Nickelback has been here for more than 10 years. You gonna tell me they've been doing something right too?
08:54 PM on 09/10/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Nickelback has been here for more than 10 years. You gonna tell me they've been doing something right too?
They may not be making any sort of quality music, but if they weren't doing something right, they obviously wouldn't be a band anymore...
09:03 PM on 09/10/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
This band has been around longer than you've been alive so they must be doing something right. :)

Really enjoying this album so far. 72 Hookers and Xmas Has Been X'ed are standout tracks for me, after my first few listens.
that's not true at all. i mean, nofx are cool, but just because they've been around forever doesn't mean they're a good band.

i.e. U2, Ac/Dc, or Aerosmith
09:04 PM on 09/10/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
yeah, they actually have. they found a target audience, and they gave them the same song that they ate up over and over.

artistic integrity aside, it's a fantastic way to make millions of dollars.
09:27 PM on 09/10/12
thiswokendream
User Info.
You'd rather have an album full of mediocrity, rather than having several songs that you actually enjoy? I don't get that logic. For me personally, if I found the album to be mediocre, I wouldn't listen to it much if at all. Alternately, if the album a some standout tracks that I really like, I'd at least be listening to the songs that I like.
I'd prefer a masterpiece but how often does that happen? I'm an album guy. I'm generally in a very specific mood and I like to choose an album that compliments that mood. I don't hope for an album of mediocrity but I prefer something consistently decent over something uneven. Think about it like a movie, would you keep coming back to a shitty movie with a few good scenes? I know I wouldn't. And I'm sure as hell not going to waste the time putting something in if I'm going to spend majority of that time skipping around to find something to entertain me.

I know that's not the best explanation but I've been drinking heavily.I apologize if it's not coherent.
09:43 PM on 09/10/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
yeah, they actually have. they found a target audience, and they gave them the same song that they ate up over and over.

artistic integrity aside, it's a fantastic way to make millions of dollars.
I know all of the already, I was just being hard on the guy. Good for Nickelback, even though they suck. My point was that longer career = / = quality music. Just like you said.
11:30 PM on 09/10/12
Lulzwagon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
made an account just to say this album is fucking rad. best since SLATFATS for sure.
08:43 AM on 09/12/12
bakerboy420
User Info.
i like this album a lot. only issue for me is that there arent any stand out tracks like there were in so lon and wolves in wolves. WIWC is my favorite album by them. This is still better than coaster
72 hookers isn't a stand out track to you?
08:44 AM on 09/12/12
bakerboy420
User Info.
such a good album, long live Nofx!
04:09 PM on 09/13/12
Popshop
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think it's the best album they've released. Thoughts: http://redd.it/zud34
09:58 PM on 09/15/12
panicbxmb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this album is fantastic! i've been a fan for a long time, but i usually prefer the 90's albums (especially So Long & Thanks For All The Shoes and Ribbed), but this is right up there for me!

I've Got Two Jealous Agains Again and 72 Hookers are among their best songs ever.
11:00 AM on 09/16/12
icantdecide
Registered Member
User Info.
that's not true at all. i mean, nofx are cool, but just because they've been around forever doesn't mean they're a good band.

i.e. U2, Ac/Dc, or Aerosmith

You do realize that even though you may not appreciate their music, those three bands are all very talented, right? There's a difference between a band not being good at what they choose to do, and you simply not liking them.
12:22 PM on 09/16/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
You do realize that even though you may not appreciate their music, those three bands are all very talented, right? There's a difference between a band not being good at what they choose to do, and you simply not liking them.
i couldnt give a fuck how talented they are. there are thousands of less talented bands that make much better music.

coming at me like a week later with some regurgitated shit that every nerd on this site says. u2, acdc and aerosmith suck. none of them have made an album worth shit in 20 years, and even those albums are over hyped. that's all there is to say about that.

and u2 isnt even that talented. their drummer is sloppy as fuck.
02:12 PM on 09/16/12
icantdecide
Registered Member
User Info.
i couldnt give a fuck how talented they are. there are thousands of less talented bands that make much better music.

coming at me like a week later with some regurgitated shit that every nerd on this site says. u2, acdc and aerosmith suck. none of them have made an album worth shit in 20 years, and even those albums are over hyped. that's all there is to say about that.

and u2 isnt even that talented. their drummer is sloppy as fuck.

Why don't you pull that stick out of your ass and get over yourself? They don't suck, and it doesn't require a "nerd" to acknowledge musical ability. You might not like them, but they're not untalented by any means. Hell, I don't even listen to U2, AC/DC or Aerosmith much at all, but I'm not a pretentious douchebag who think his own musical tastes are what determines whether a band is worth having around.

"I couldn't give a fuck how talented they are." Clearly.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos