AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Contest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Contest: The Vaccines "Come of Age" Giveaway Week 2

Posted by - 02:18 AM on 09/11/12
Welcome to week 2 of our "Come of Age Contest." As stated last week, our friends The Vaccines have a new album Come of Age releasing on October 2nd (out now in the UK). In the weeks leading up to the U.S. release date, we will be giving a signed copy of the new album, with a big prize pack being the ultimate prize the week of release. I'll be contacting last week's winner later today, but in the meantime check the replies for this week's question and whomever gives us the answer we like best will walk away with a signed copy of Come of Age. You can also pre-order the album here. Make sure to come back here next week for another opportunity to win.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
02:18 AM on 09/11/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Week 2 QuestionWhat is the first song you learned to play on guitar (or instrument)? Best answer wins a signed “Come of Age” CD.
09:18 AM on 09/11/12
SeasiderOllie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day! :D
Closely followed by American Jesus by Bad Religion
09:19 AM on 09/11/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
Alkaline Trio's 'Radio'. Quite easily still one of the most pivotal punk songs. I actually sang it to my campers this summer and they went fucking crazy for it. It really embodies the spirit of punk rock and that riff is to die for.
09:20 AM on 09/11/12
anberlinsmom
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first song that I learned to play on guitar (left handed with guitar upside down) was "Come As You Are" by Nirvana.
09:22 AM on 09/11/12
bgeez120
User Info.
First song I learned on guitar was MxPx's "Doing Time" ...my friend and I performed it at our 5th grade talent show. Gangster as fuck, I know.
09:33 AM on 09/11/12
singyoutocoma
Find a thread to pull...
User Info.
"Smoke on the Water," because really, what are guitars for?
10:15 AM on 09/11/12
windigo11
User Info.
The Beverly hills cop theme on piano. Because bitches can't resist Eddie murphs.
11:48 AM on 09/11/12
airrwaves44
User Info.
"That Thing You Do" ( the title track from the movie) on the drums.. one of the best drum intros ever? i think so!
11:54 AM on 09/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Turning Japanese by The Vapors. I learned it by ear after I got the first few notes down.
12:27 PM on 09/11/12
rocketcat
User Info.
dammit by blink (guitar) super fast like the live album :D
12:27 PM on 09/11/12
appoxplayer
Snake? Snake! SSNNNAAAKKKEEEEEE!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I Miss You - Blink 182, its easy now but back then it took me weeks to play it at only half speed
12:45 PM on 09/11/12
Graham311
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first song I learned to play on guitar was I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie. Learned it in 8th grade when my dad got me guitar lessons for my birthday and it's still one of my favorite songs to play.
12:53 PM on 09/11/12
Joey (J-Train)
elcochino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first song I learned how to play was "hot cross buns" on the violin. My first, first song was "America the Beautiful" on the recorder but that shit doesn't count.
06:25 PM on 09/11/12
AbbeyCarbs
We're just kids on the run.
User Info.
The first song I learned on my guitar in 8th grade was "Perfect" by Simple Plan. I was so bad. So bad. It would take me days to learn something I can do in seconds now. lol but I still loved trying.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos