AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jacks Mannequin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jack's Mannequin Finally Being Retired

Posted by - 07:44 PM on 09/11/12
Jack's Mannequin will play one final show for the 3rd annual Dear Jack benefit on November 11th in Los Angeles.

Submitted by multiple users

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
07:48 PM on 09/11/12
Nourez
Here's to the Crazy Ones
User Info.
Just wondering, since he refers to the rest of the band members as "his band", is he gonna be putting out solo stuff with the same band members as has backing band or is this the last time he's playing with them?
07:48 PM on 09/11/12
j1887m
J1887M
User Info.
Still bummed about this
07:50 PM on 09/11/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
So sad :(
08:12 PM on 09/11/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Sad I've never seen either SoCo or Jack's.
08:12 PM on 09/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Really hope to hear some solo stuff soon. I loved Jack's Mannequin. I actually grew to love it more than Something Corporate after 3 awesome and different releases. Really hope this dude continues to make awesome music.
08:15 PM on 09/11/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Seems like he's ready to move on with his life, can't blame the guy. It can't be easy saying goodbye to the band you created, but this is a pretty fitting way to go out. Stoked for the future
08:31 PM on 09/11/12
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
Just wondering, since he refers to the rest of the band members as "his band", is he gonna be putting out solo stuff with the same band members as has backing band or is this the last time he's playing with them?
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he does stuff with a variety of people- them, random artists, just himself, etc. He's been tweeting a lot about writing with other people recently, and keeps mentioning new songs he's made.
08:35 PM on 09/11/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
:( I wish there was some way I could go to this. I am excited to hear what Andrew has going on though.
09:03 PM on 09/11/12
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
09:59 PM on 09/11/12
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
10:22 PM on 09/11/12
The Raine
on this sinking night
User Info.
I'm there.
10:25 PM on 09/11/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I missed my opportunity to see Jack's Mannequin at warped tour a few years back because on the way me and my two friends came across a wreck on I-10 in which the car had flipped and trapped two girls under it. One of the craziest experiences of my life. Because of this wreck and a tire blowout I ended up missing their set. It sucked. To this day I still don't know if the girls made it or not. I didn't have it in me to search for the answer.

On a lighter note we arrived just in time for the signing by Andrew and he signed my appointment card that had the date in which I went into remission from Hodgkins lymphoma (cancer). People in line were pissed because he kept talking to me even when I tried to say "man there are other people in line waiting to get your autograph."

Andrew is the best mother fucker around. I live in Florida and an seriously considering trying to go to this.
10:53 PM on 09/11/12
ruthless13
cheshire cat doorstop
User Info.
The end of an era. Excited for the next project nonetheless.
12:14 AM on 09/12/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
Sad I've never seen either SoCo or Jack's.
ME EITHER :'(

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version