Username
Password

07:17 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
Rockwall, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Post your stories of awesome dates you had planned that got cancelled at the last minute, cancelled in general, whatever. You get the picture.

To start, there was one girl I was talking to who I really liked. She really liked me, too, and we had joked around about how I couldn't take her on a first date until Kanye came to town because he was our mutual favorite and we've both always wanted to see him. I joked around about how I would get her tickets to seduce her and all that. We had hung out before and kissed and all that but hadn't gone on an official date yet. Well, last year, Austin City Limits got announced and I found out Kanye was headlining the first day, with Coldplay as main support, Nas and Damian Marley, James Blake, Pretty Lights, a ton of others obviously. Back then, I made a lot of money and didn't have many expenses, so I snagged two tickets. I told her about it and she was thrilled. Weeks before the show, she decided we should talk to other people instead and decided not to go with me. I was so bummed out about it, but in retrospect it was her loss because I had a blast with my friend instead, Kanye was incredible, and we ended up getting VIP passes on Craigslist with an open bar and hanging out with Dallas Green on day 2 of the festival. Plus, I'm a catch, so definitely her loss.
08:41 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
jrayrocks9191
Blah.
Male - 22 Years Old
I got drunk at a graduation party and I was texting this girl I really liked. She was flirting with me really hard (insinuated sex several times) and said we should hang out sometime. We set a date. Date came. Texted her that morning and the plans were still on and said I'd call her around 6 PM. I called her and she was out with some friends at some festival or something. She said she didn't want to turn down the invitation to the festival because she was afraid of not being invited anywhere by them again. Last time I ever talked to her.

What I don't understand, is why she would ask me out, and then just bail like that. Women's logic.
10:34 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
About a year ago I was talking to this chick I met on okcupid and she wanted only sex. However every time we made a plan to have sex one of us would always bail or she would have to work late or something. As a result I never got the sex I had envisioned. She lived like 10 min from me too idk why but one of us always would bail when we would set up a date. It wasn't just sex I mean that's all she was looking for but we would make plans to go swimming or out to dinner and somehow it just never happened.
She was in love with her ex still, so even after I started dating my last ex we would chat once in a while. Currently I'm facebook friends with her and newly single so maybe I l text her lol
10:45 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
was gonna go on a picnic with this girl then she dumped me over text message :(
11:32 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Had this date planned out to get an old pair of shoes and go around main st taking pictures of the shoes in different locations with a disposable camera, and then go get them developed and then on the back of the pictures we would write the story of the invisible man walking around town. She was into it and everything and then for some reason we just didn't follow through with it. Two weeks later she broke up with me for her ex. Who proceeded to cheat on her the day after they decided to be "officially" together again lol.
11:55 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I would like to say that Halloween is almost around the corner. Fucksyeah.
07:38 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
SafetyofRoutine
No Avatar Selected
Well kind of applies. I was going to take this girl to dinner and musical improv because she loved musicals and I did improv. She said she had to walk her dog so had to bail early, I knew that was BS. We ate, I called her on her BS, she admitted it, invited me out with her friends and wanted to go out again. I said no. First date lie = no second date.
07:52 AM on 09/13/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Happiness is just a moment.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
Had this date planned out to get an old pair of shoes and go around main st taking pictures of the shoes in different locations with a disposable camera, and then go get them developed and then on the back of the pictures we would write the story of the invisible man walking around town. She was into it and everything and then for some reason we just didn't follow through with it. Two weeks later she broke up with me for her ex. Who proceeded to cheat on her the day after they decided to be "officially" together again lol.
She has chosen... Poorly.
01:18 AM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
Ourchestra
Madison, WI
Male - 24 Years Old
When the Promise Ring played their first reunion show this year in Milwaukee I was supposed to meet up with a girl who flew in from Portland for the show but she bailed on me in favor to go out with a different guy she met AT the show. And then I was supposed to drive down to Rockford, Illinois the next day to meet a girl from OK Cupid the next day but then she bailed on me too. But at least I got to see the Promise Ring.
09:17 AM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Not a "date" but I was supposed to hangout with this guy, I'm almost at his place when he texts me saying he "has to go somewhere" and if he can "take a rain check" or whatever the hell he said. What I was pissed off about was the fact that he decided to text me when I was almost there (instead of before I left school). I couldn't imagine what would of happened if I had got there sooner and then he decided to bail. I lost valuable study time that day. I'm not really friends with him anymore (not because of that, but because of other reasons.)
12:15 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
Technically, the date didn't get cancelled, but it had to be changed. For my boyfriend and my second date, he was coming to my area. I live in a pretty rural town, so looking for something fun to do, I thought of going to the drive-in a few towns over. I hopped on the website, checked all of the movies playing and how it works, talked it over with him and narrowed it down to what movie we wanted to see. I called up the phone number posted on the site. The area code seemed weird to me, but I set the thought aside. Everything was set. The night before, I double checked the site and called again, and something wasn't adding up. The drive-in I was looking at was in CA, not NJ. I felt like a douche because I got him all excited to go, and it didn't work out for the drive-in I had meant to go to. Needless to say, we've never gone to a drive-in and he will never let me live it down that I'm bad at planning dates.
12:42 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Central New Jersey
Male - 26 Years Old
Was at a Sunglass Hut in the mall one Saturday looking around. Decent looking blonde girl working there comes over to me and starts chatting me up. I get her number and we text later that day. She seems really into me and comes on pretty strong while I am just lukewarm about the whole thing. I do the nice thing and ask if she wants to get together for dinner or drinks one night and we set the date. That day comes around, there is a game on that I want to watch and she is like an hour or so away and I am feeling pretty lazy. I don't show up and she is pretty bummed out about the whole thing. I felt bad, so I went to the Sunglass Hut where I met her and bought some sunglasses from her haha. Not sure if she got commission or not, but I felt better.

I was the prick in this situation. Whoops.
10:38 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
Rockwall, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Woo got bailed on again tonight.
01:12 AM on 09/15/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
I got drunk at a graduation party and I was texting this girl I really liked. She was flirting with me really hard (insinuated sex several times) and said we should hang out sometime. We set a date. Date came. Texted her that morning and the plans were still on and said I'd call her around 6 PM. I called her and she was out with some friends at some festival or something. She said she didn't want to turn down the invitation to the festival because she was afraid of not being invited anywhere by them again. Last time I ever talked to her.

What I don't understand, is why she would ask me out, and then just bail like that. Women's logic.

Can you not, seriously?

But omg this thread makes me sad that I've never really been on many dates. The guys I've dated we just kind of hung out which is fine because I'm a bit of a hermit anyway, but whenever I would try to plan my favorite fall things like pumpkin patches, corn mazes, scary movie marathons, heck even just going out to a semi-nice restaurant and seeing a movie, it never panned out. So basically all the little dates I've planned have been dismissed and bailed on

I think corny dates are so cute. I put them on my mental checklist of necessary qualities in a partner after my last ex haha.
04:56 AM on 09/15/12 
User Info.
moonpies87
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
Was going to a concert with one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen. Asked a month in advance, 2 weeks later she tells me the concert is on Easter and she has a family dinner she has to attend.

I say alright and we said we would do somethin again soon. Me, being paranoid as I am, figured she really just didn't wanna go and then 1 month later she got a boyfriend.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos