Username
Password
MTV News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 60.
12:48 PM on 09/13/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
tbh, she still has to travel non-stop to promote, do shows, etc. She still works, and she works too much. She never gets a break, and she'll probably go off the rails if she doesn't get one. I don't get this mentality that just because an artist doesn't write their songs, that they put zero work into what they do. She knows that she can be replaced at any moment, so she is worked to the bone to stay on stop.

A new album every year means constant promotion, the loneliness of being on the road all year long, touring, rehearsals, whatever lines she has on the side, etc. Obviously she's blessed to have her life, but I doubt it's always so easy and she is certainly not doing nothing. The pressure alone would make most people's heads explode.
It must be real tough for her, y'know, being filthy rich and all.
12:52 PM on 09/13/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
It must be real tough for her, y'know, being filthy rich and all.
Yes, because I somehow implied that her life is so hopeless and tough. I said she is blessed but that she does work hard. Being filthy rich doesn't make you happy either. Yeah she gets an amazing life, but there are obvious downsides and if you don't see them, I don't know what to tell you. It's just lame to imply that pop stars doesn't work or do anything, when they do.
12:56 PM on 09/13/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
Yes, because I somehow implied that her life is so hopeless and tough. I said she is blessed but that she does work hard. Being filthy rich doesn't make you happy either. Yeah she gets an amazing life, but there are obvious downsides and if you don't see them, I don't know what to tell you. It's just lame to imply that pop stars doesn't work or do anything, when they do.
Well yeah, but I'd say going out on stage and singing every night for 90 minutes is a different kind of "work" to, let's say, sitting in an office all day. Career wise, she doesn't have it hard at all. With all the money she more than likely has, she could probably retire now and live happily ever after.
01:02 PM on 09/13/12
kianacarly
User Info.
Well yeah, but I'd say going out on stage and singing every night for 90 minutes is a different kind of "work" to, let's say, sitting in an office all day. Career wise, she doesn't have it hard at all. With all the money she more than likely has, she could probably retire now and live happily ever after.
Well yeah, I wasn't trying to say she had it so much worse than the average person, just that she works really hard. She chose her career and so many people would kill for it, but I can't even imagine dealing with no privacy, not knowing who is on your side or who will just sell you out, people judging every little word you say or every flaw in your body, having to travel constantly, etc. Not to mention that those 90 minutes of being on stage every day require months of non-stop rehearsal which usually includes tons of working out and strict diets. Obviously the perks are insane and she is incredibly privileged, but I'm just trying to say that she doesn't do nothing.
01:04 PM on 09/13/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
Well yeah, I wasn't trying to say she had it so much worse than the average person, just that she works really hard. She chose her career and so many people would kill for it, but I can't even imagine dealing with no privacy, not knowing who is on your side or who will just sell you out, people judging every little word you say or every flaw in your body, having to travel constantly, etc. Not to mention that those 90 minutes of being on stage every day require months of non-stop rehearsal which usually includes tons of working out and strict diets. Obviously the perks are insane and she is incredibly privileged, but I'm just trying to say that she doesn't do nothing.
Yeah, I guess I agree with you. I'm just saying that whatever minor troubles she may have in her life, they're majorly outweighed by the perks of being the biggest pop star in the world.
01:20 PM on 09/13/12
georgedcc
User Info.
To be productive, you have to do something. She does nothing but show up at the studio, do one take of a song, and let people with talent do the rest.
Whether she's writing the song or not, she is still incredibly productive. To find time to tour constantly and spend enough time in the studio to make the album. Katy Perry doesn't write any of her own stuff and she's nowhere near as productive as Rihanna.
01:36 PM on 09/13/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
Whether she's writing the song or not, she is still incredibly productive. To find time to tour constantly and spend enough time in the studio to make the album. Katy Perry doesn't write any of her own stuff and she's nowhere near as productive as Rihanna.
Katy Perry has a writing credit on all of her songs actually, which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for Rihanna.
01:42 PM on 09/13/12
stellaparkmike
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great, more lousy pop/club music to overkill the airwaves
01:46 PM on 09/13/12
1000Julys
User Info.
Will have one or two hits and the rest will blow. I wish she would just take a few years off damn. Or at least give me one good dance album.
01:52 PM on 09/13/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.

That certainly was a depressing read...not very surprising, sadly.
02:15 PM on 09/13/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
That certainly was a depressing read...not very surprising, sadly.
I love how everyone always is gets mad at the artist that pay the money to have the songs, but never at the writers who are taking the money and writing the songs for them.

Most writers are extremely happy to have their material heard all over the world, constantly being played, and be sung by someone famous. It's not like the artist are stealing the songs from them, they shelve out big money to have them, especially if you're a known hit maker like Max Martin and Dr. Luke. And it's also like they don't discredit them or try to say they wrote it as well (there are some few exceptions: Beyonce) It's THEM that people should be having an issue with tbh.

Personally I have no problem people who write pop songs and give them to people. They're usually unknowns or failed singers that love the industry so much that they want to be a part of it any way possible. Writing songs is their main way to make a living and get income
07:28 PM on 09/13/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
I love how everyone always is gets mad at the artist that pay the money to have the songs, but never at the writers who are taking the money and writing the songs for them.

Most writers are extremely happy to have their material heard all over the world, constantly being played, and be sung by someone famous. It's not like the artist are stealing the songs from them, they shelve out big money to have them, especially if you're a known hit maker like Max Martin and Dr. Luke. And it's also like they don't discredit them or try to say they wrote it as well (there are some few exceptions: Beyonce) It's THEM that people should be having an issue with tbh.

Personally I have no problem people who write pop songs and give them to people. They're usually unknowns or failed singers that love the industry so much that they want to be a part of it any way possible. Writing songs is their main way to make a living and get income

Why would any sane person be mad at the writer? It's an excellent opportunity for them. It just sucks that the "artist" performing the music is portrayed as more talented than they perhaps really are, in many cases. Doesn't seem very genuine to me, that's all. It's not ruining my day or anything (though I do find it awesome that my 1 1/2 sentence throwaway comment sparked a three paragraph essay on the merits of ghost writing).
11:03 PM on 09/13/12
kianacarly
User Info.
Yeah, I guess I agree with you. I'm just saying that whatever minor troubles she may have in her life, they're majorly outweighed by the perks of being the biggest pop star in the world.

I guess I'm just weary of celebrity. It seems like yeah you get the millions of dollars, but it's almost like you have to trade in your sanity to do it. I used to want to be famous when I was little, but looking at people like Britney, Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan, etc, I don't really like the odds haha. It's definitely not for everybody.
03:04 AM on 09/15/12
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.

Because the writers are trying to artificially manufacture "hits" based on what they think the public will numbingly eat up by pumping each new single full of 100% more catchiness than the last one.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests