Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 137
10:27 AM on 09/14/12
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I'm not a Drake fan at all. DMX has a handful of tracks that I like.

All that aside, Aaliyah was legit and I agree with the DMX quote... except for the bolded part... j/k

Quote:
ďHe has talent, but itís kinda redundant, itís kinda the same all the time to me personally. Itís an annoying sound. Iím kinda feeliní some kinda a way about the fact that you been commissioned, that you been blessed, youíve been given the opportunity to do the Aaliyah album yet you donít include anybody that she worked with personally. Iíma tell you why Iím mad, son. How do you disregard what this woman did? What this beautiful angel did and say, ĎOh OK, Iím gonna take it for myself because Iím hot right now and Iím feeliní myself,í. How do you just go there with it? Your balls ainít that big, son.Ē
10:35 AM on 09/14/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He should beat up drake for trying too hard to be cool and for putting out mediocre overrated music.
10:36 AM on 09/14/12
Ryan Dennehy
Is modern rap/hiphop really as awful as the radio makes it seem in 2012? Or is it a case of a few shitty artists mis-representing the genre as whole (for example, the big special FOX News ran on "emo being a bad genre" focusing on Hawthorne Heights and The Used)?

Aside from Jay-Z, who seems to consistently do no wrong unless he's paired up with Kanye West, is anyone releasing quality on par with the great age of hiphop that turned out Big Pun, Notorious BIG, pre-Pimp my Ride Xzibit, Nas, etc?

Or is Drake really one of the best the genre has to offer these days? I am looking to supplement my huge, aging rap collection with some of the more recent best of the best. The The '59 Sounds, Aim and Ignites, Unmistakable Mans, and 61 Penns of rap, if you will.

Any recs would be appreciated.
Do you even try to listen to things outside of radio hip-hop? There's a huge underground rap scene that's blossoming into something really interesting.
10:36 AM on 09/14/12
Ryan Dennehy
He should beat up drake for trying too hard to be cool and for putting out mediocre overrated music.
Yes, because making music you don't like means someone should be beaten up.
10:38 AM on 09/14/12
Sakarazu
Just a little nervous from the fall
User Info.
Is modern rap/hiphop really as awful as the radio makes it seem in 2012? Or is it a case of a few shitty artists mis-representing the genre as whole (for example, the big special FOX News ran on "emo being a bad genre" focusing on Hawthorne Heights and The Used)?

Aside from Jay-Z, who seems to consistently do no wrong unless he's paired up with Kanye West, is anyone releasing quality on par with the great age of hiphop that turned out Big Pun, Notorious BIG, pre-Pimp my Ride Xzibit, Nas, etc?

Or is Drake really one of the best the genre has to offer these days? I am looking to supplement my huge, aging rap collection with some of the more recent best of the best. The The '59 Sounds, Aim and Ignites, Unmistakable Mans, and 61 Penns of rap, if you will.

oh my fucking god
10:39 AM on 09/14/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.

what the fuck? that is some big company for xzibit. why not replace him with Tupac? i think that'd make a lot more sense.

and there are plenty of artists out right now making some of the best hip hop music that's ever been recorded. drake is barely even a rapper.

seriously tho, the fuck?
10:41 AM on 09/14/12
Sakarazu
User Info.
Drake is great. So much hating on mainstream because it's mainstream on this site and it makes me laugh
10:41 AM on 09/14/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
actually, he should be you up for thinking you had anything to say that any of us wanted to read. go back to high school and mature your thought process a bit.
10:42 AM on 09/14/12
ChaseTx
DMX >>> Drake. That's all.
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Drake is great. So much hating on mainstream because it's mainstream on this site and it makes me laugh
musically he really isn't bad at all, but he's just such a clown ass dude
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Pretty much. Take Care is fantastic.
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Thats a clown comment, bro.
10:43 AM on 09/14/12
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
what the fuck? that is some big company for xzibit. why not replace him with Tupac? i think that'd make a lot more sense.

and there are plenty of artists out right now making some of the best hip hop music that's ever been recorded. drake is barely even a rapper.

seriously tho, the fuck?

Do you even try to listen to things outside of radio hip-hop? There's a huge underground rap scene that's blossoming into something really interesting.

I would agree. Put Tupac in that list, too. And a lot of other people, I just went with a quick handful.

I am trying right now to discover this underground hiphop.. what are the best albums?
10:44 AM on 09/14/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
I'll just stick with Kanye and Mos Def haha
10:47 AM on 09/14/12
Sakarazu
User Info.
I mean maybe. It's easy for me to separate his music from that though, so I really do not care

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos