Male - 22 Years Old
lets just do another madden 12 franchise
01:26 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle!
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Inevitably someone is going to drag ass on it and then you might have someone that turns on auto-sign or some other bullshit.

There's gonna be hiccups, which is why I think I'm going with the "doors open at 6am Sunday" approach. It's not great, but it's less of a headache.

Im just trying to think if its smarter to wait a bit longer and not advance it until tomorrow to try and minimize this drag ass shit from happening, I mean...its going to happen as you said but if I can minimize it and get as many people as humanly possible then that'd be preferable.

Getting this thing started seems like the biggest issue, once we get it going and the first season off the ground---it should be RELATIVELY smooth sailing.
01:27 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 31 Years Old
are you sure it would fill rosters??? seems like that would happen after the next advance. 'starting the league' is not really an advance
01:28 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
IcedOpethBlind
Houston Sports.
Houston, Texas
Male - 28 Years Old
tell ya one thing though, this thing has been drawn out so long already, hopefully we can begin a fruitful franchise soon
01:30 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
TomFoolery
one time I went to the superbowl
C-Town
Male - 26 Years Old
I like ratings edition 1 :)
01:31 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
emelia_andrews
Orlando, Fl
Female - 30 Years Old
Im just trying to think if its smarter to wait a bit longer and not advance it until tomorrow to try and minimize this drag ass shit from happening, I mean...its going to happen as you said but if I can minimize it and get as many people as humanly possible then that'd be preferable.

Getting this thing started seems like the biggest issue, once we get it going and the first season off the ground---it should be RELATIVELY smooth sailing.

That's the approach I'm taking too. I'm not starting it until Sunday unless a great number sign up before that. Getting started sucks and then it's smooth sailing. The offseason man...5 advances from Super Bowl to draft...and then the preseason. That's gonna suck with all the ADHD out there.

are you sure it would fill rosters??? seems like that would happen after the next advance. 'starting the league' is not really an advance

It will. In the test league I had fill rosters off and the CPU teams had at it. They sign on advance though, not before, so you can start the league, but after group 1 goes and it advances, some players are going to the CPU teams.
01:39 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 31 Years Old
That's the approach I'm taking too. I'm not starting it until Sunday unless a great number sign up before that. Getting started sucks and then it's smooth sailing. The offseason man...5 advances from Super Bowl to draft...and then the preseason. That's gonna suck with all the ADHD out there.

It will. In the test league I had fill rosters off and the CPU teams had at it. They sign on advance though, not before, so you can start the league, but after group 1 goes and it advances, some players are going to the CPU teams.

so its like i said... cpu wont fill rosters til next advance. not immediately fter starting league. we can start league and hold off 'advance' until people join?
01:39 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
xSLAMFISTx
BOOTY SMELL GOOD DOE
Seattle/Oak Harbor...
Male
well fuck....this sucks.

Maybe I shouldn't advance it to the preseason then until everyone joins because this is for sure going to fuck some shit up.

So are we going to use the Connected Career OVR or is it going to stay the same?
01:40 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
youenvydoug
Dongers Forever
Port Richey, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
lol Charles is still Charles.
01:44 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
IcedOpethBlind
Houston Sports.
Houston, Texas
Male - 28 Years Old
mmm 18.43 mil cap space
01:46 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle!
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
So are we going to use the Connected Career OVR or is it going to stay the same?

going to use the list that I posted.
01:48 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
emelia_andrews
Orlando, Fl
Female - 30 Years Old
so its like i said... cpu wont fill rosters til next advance. not immediately fter starting league. we can start league and hold off 'advance' until people join?

Right, but as soon as he advances to the next group, it's very likely not all 32 people are going to signed up, and the CPU is going to make some moves.

It's not a perfect scenario and basically only group 1 wins.
01:50 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle!
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Because of this whole CPU issue with signing guys, I'm going to push it all back an extra day.

It makes sense to try and get this as close to full as possible before moving it along. I'll be advancing it tomorrow, same time as it was supposed to advance today.

Like I said, getting this thing started seems like the biggest issue right now. Once we get to that point and get it going, it should be fairly smooth. No need to rush things and fuck shit up even more.
01:55 PM on 09/14/12 
User Info.
xSLAMFISTx
BOOTY SMELL GOOD DOE
Seattle/Oak Harbor...
Male
going to use the list that I posted.

Can I politely ask why we will be using roster overalls that do not pertain to connected careers?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos