Password

Album Review

Flo Rida - Wild Ones Album Cover

Flo Rida - Wild Ones

Reviewed by
Flo Rida - Wild Ones
Record Label: Poe Boy / Atlantic
Release Date: July 3, 2012
Flo Rida, the undisputed king of the ringtone generation, follows up his poor selling album Only One Flo (Part 1) with his fourth studio album Wild Ones, hoping that the success of his singles will one day carry over to his album sales. The odd thing about Flo Rida is that his singles sell really well. He's had eight top 10 singles in the past five years (selling over 22m), but none of his albums have sold more than 500k. When it comes to his singles ("Wild Ones", "Good Feeling"), he has a knack for finding the right producers who combine catchy melodies with hot guest spots to dominate the US radio airways. But, looking at each album as a whole, the remaining songs really fall short.

Wild Ones isn't going to win any awards, but for a Flo Rida album, it is one of his best. Almost every song could be released as a single (As of right now, 5 singles have been released). The production is top notch with synth heavy tracks from Dr. Luke, Jim Jonsin, and RedFood of LMFAO. The Etta James sample on "Good Feeling" taken from Avicii's "Levels" is a feel-good track, but suffers greatly from overexposure. Flo Rida's lyrics are pretty laughable many times during this album "Can you blow my whistle, baby?" is one of his poetic gems on the track "Whistle". "I Cry" is a decent dance cut, using a sample from the Bingo Players for the hook. He's a one trick pony with a knack for writing catchy but ultimately forgettable songs that dominate radio for a month or two and then move aside for the next hottest track.

Wild Ones has only one purpose and that is to get you riled up to party. It's a short album with not a whole lot of substance. But, as he's shown in recent years, Flo Rida only needs about 3 minutes of your time to get you hooked. I've got a good feeling he won't be disappearing from your radio for quite a while.

Recommended If You LikeDavid Guetta; LMFAO; Akon; Usher

Track Listing1. Whistle
2. Wild Ones feat. Sia
3. Let It Roll
4. Good Feeling
5. In My Mind Part 2 feat. Georgi Kay
6. Sweet Spot feat. Jennifer Lopez
7. Thinking of You
8. I Cry
9. Run feat. RedFoo of LMFAO

www.officialflo.com
This review is a user submitted review from hiddentrack. You can see all of hiddentrack's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
07:12 AM on 09/18/12
Gautz
Music makes life bearable!
User Info.
Fuck you AP.net for publishing this review. Flo Rida has no place on this website.
06:12 PM on 09/20/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Yes it does, it has every right to be here.

The lead single is absolute shit. The score should be lower. It's just a little worse than Enema of State so it's 1.5/10 at most.
10:42 AM on 09/25/12
ChaseTx
Flo Rida is probably my least favorite thing on the radio.
07:53 AM on 11/02/12
warpedtour
User Info.
i'm laughing so hard at the member review oh ym god

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News