Username
Password
UndertheGunReview News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UndertheGunReview
Inside AP.net

UTG Presents: Interview With G-Eazy

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/15/12)
Today Under The Gun has an interview with G-Eazy in which they discuss his upcoming album, tour, and a collaboration with MOD SUN.
From The InterviewI think itís a step forward stylistically. Itís a little darker, but itís basically taking what I learned from sampling and remixing old 60′s songs, and then taking a step forward because all the production is original this time. No samples. So itís like stepping away from that crutch, and writing my music for myself.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
06:16 PM on 09/15/12
FOBfiend
User Info.
It's great you're spotlighting quality underground rappers like G-Eazy and Logic here. Good interview as well.
07:06 PM on 09/15/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
see if this be any good
09:47 PM on 09/15/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Who the fuck is this MOD SUN guy? Was he in some relevant band at some point?
11:16 PM on 09/15/12
sean_a26
User Info.
Good interview. Hoodie and G-easy tour would be amazing, too bad I'm in so. Illinois and theyre not gonna come anywhere near here. Loved endless summer and g's verse on rappin ass rappers was great
01:15 AM on 09/16/12
remoteCONTROL
We're a band.
User Info.
I was introduced to G on this years warped tour and his style and samples were all wrapped around 1950s Mr Sandman type samples ( I know that's not what he's quoted but it's in that same vein). I think he's latched onto something solid by tying in that era of music with that Mac Miller type of white kid biting off lil Wayne type of hip hop. He should stick with that in my own personal (not to be taken very seriously at all) opinion. That being said, the minute long freestyle jam that Hoodie laid down at WSU earlier this month forever secured himself a spot at the university. For all of hoodies people reading this, the headliner of the biggest show on campus last year was 3oh3 and you definitely brought a better show. Talk to the Student Entertainment Board about headlining SpringFrst 2013. Luda flew out for it the year before
03:50 AM on 09/16/12
thesafeword
-
User Info.
poz'd
10:16 AM on 09/16/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Hahaha G-Eazy is so awful.

His Warped performance was unintentionally hilarious.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests